“Wonderful Staff”

Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here one in September to attend a friends father's funeral.
Arrived at noon and the room was ready!!!
Clean rooms, clean public areas, very nice club room evening appetizers and breakfast.
Walkway to largest mall in Maryland. Nice Nordstroms and PF Changs a stones throw away.
But what makes this hotel is the staff.
Wonderful Helpful Honest Friendly
Really the best hotel staff I have encountered in a while.
I left my kindle in the room and after I checked out I called the housekeeping department.
They not only had my kindle but were about to call me and then fed ex'd it to me!!
The best!!
Thank you!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the busy street towards the parking garage for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Positive feedback is always the best to read and I truly enjoyed reading your review. People do make the difference and I have printed and posted your review so the associates can see what a difference they can make for our guests. We have an awesome group of staff members and I am glad you were able to experience this not only during your stay but afterwards when dealing with your lost and found item. It's comments like this that make me really proud of our team.

Thank you for taking your time to share this experience with us, it means a lot to us. We are truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay as that is our goal for every guest. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've stayed here twice i the past six months for business. The lobby and rooms are nothing to write home about, but the beds (in true starwood fashion) are quite comfortable. As others have commented, the front desk staff is very frendly and my check in on both occassions was quick and welcoming. I was surprised at check out during my August trip, however (which, admittedly was very early in the am) to see the front desk clerk repeatedly go out the back door (toward the mall) maybe to smoke and then to run in if/when she saw someone. I was waiting for some time before she saw me the first time (she was in the back office then) and then witnessed her going in and out while i stayed in the lobby waiting for a companion. As a Starwood gold member I appreciated the upgrades to club level--the lounge is clean and inviting. Was surprised at how long it took housekeeping to pick up trash in the hallways (dinner leftovers from the mall across the street) on two occassions.

I will definitely stay here again for business due to convenience and friendliness of staff. The rooms are adequate for business and the good nights' sleep appreciated!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for providing us with some well rounded feedback. I always appreciate it when we get to hear the good and the not so good. We are always looking for ways to improve our product and our service and this review is one that will really help us to do that.

Thank you for the compliments, we appreciate them and will pass those along to our associates. We also thank you for bringing the not so good to our attention. We will definitely look into these and act on them to ensure they improve.

We appreciate the time and thought that went into your review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Checked in no problem... My only two complaints is the A/C in the hallway was way too cold and the hall also had a bad odor... Staff was super helpful and friendly! They even provided me with a ride to my car rental which is not ordinary... To airport yes but this was not the airport. This was just plain old 5 star treatment!

• Stayed: September 2013

I am delighted to know that our staff went above and beyond for you during your stay. We constantly coach them to anticipate the needs of our guests and to do more for them then they expect. I will make sure to share your comments with them regarding this so they can see what a positive impact it has for you, our guest.

I also appreciate your feedback as to what could have improved your stay and will definitely look into these items and make sure they appropriate managers are made aware of them as well. It is so important to us when a guest provides us with these comments as it allows us to make improvements where they are needed.

Thank you for your time in completing this review, it is very much appreciated. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here one night on a business trip. There's a skywalk to the mall across the street, which is very convenient for dinner or just a walk. Self parking was easy, although it was $9. They also have valet.

The staff was very courteous and the room was very clean. The evening starwood preferred reception in the club lounge looked good, but I didn't eat anything.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank brianbva

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to know that you were pleased with the level of cleanliness in the hotel as this is a huge priority to both us and our guests. It is also a pleasure to know that our staff treated you well as they truly make the difference for our guests during their visits.

We will enjoy sharing your positive feedback with our associates and they love to hear about when our guests have enjoyed their time with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice, clean, reasonably priced hotel in a convenient location. No problems at all. Free bottled water for Starwood guests and free Internet. Nice Sheraton overall. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Hearing about our hotel from the guest's perspective enables us to understand what we are doing well and what we need to make improvements on.

The Sheraton Baltimore North has many benefits for our guests such as complimentary internet access and complimentary bottled water. We are glad you were able to take advantage of these amenities.

Thank you again and we hope to be your hotel of choice for the future!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We are SPG members and we chose the breakfast and hors d'eouvres addition to our room. Worked out great! Excellent snacks and drinks availability. Even had crabcakes one night! Rooms are a bit small, but beds are super comfortable. Loved how the mall was a stone's throw away with a walkway adjoining the buildings.

Room Tip: Get the breakfast addition to your room. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We enjoyed learning about your experience with our Club Level and are happy to know that it helped to enhance your stay. Having access to the benefits on this level are well worth the additional cost and we are glad you discovered this during your stay Thank you for providing us with this positive feedback.

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. It is most beneficial to us when we are able to receive feedback directly from the people who experience our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We received a special rate as guests for a family wedding and only stayed here to be amongst family and friends. Great location, staff was pleasant and hotel was clean, but it's one of those hotels that impresses you at first glance, then once you get a closer look you begin to see its flaws. Overhead light in bathroom didn't work. No exhaust vent in bathroom so when the door was opened for ventilation, the smoke alarm sounded. Room felt clammy even with thermostat turned down and the bed was very uncomfortable. The daily parking fee annoyed us most. We've stayed at various Marriott locations at much cheaper rates and never paid extra for parking. Willing to give another Sheraton a try only if it includes the amenities we want, but we've decided to stick with Marriott whenever possible.

Room Tip: All rooms are separated from the elevators so probably any room is good if you're concerned abou...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to know that you enjoyed our staff and that the hotel met your cleanliness standards. Both of these items are very important and we work hard to make sure that we exceed our guests' expectations on both.

We also appreciate your feedback for improvement. I want to apologize for the overhead light not working in your room. There is no excuse for this as it should have been caught and corrected prior to your arrival. As far as the exhaust fan is concerned you are correct that there is not a fan that can be turned on and off. There is a fan in each bathroom that runs continuously. I apologize that this fan apparently was not running well enough which resulted in the build up of steam which set off the smoke detector. Again, we should have ensured this was functioning to its fullest prior to your arrival. Thank you for brining these items to my attention so that they can be reviewed with our housekeeping and engineering staff to ensure this same situation does not occur again.

Once again thank you for your time and your comments. Hearing from our guests truly allows us to learn what is important to you and helps us to improve. We hope that in the future you will give us another try!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#27 of 67 in Baltimore

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!