“Just the Ticket!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Upstate New York
“Just the Ticket!”
Reviewed June 3, 2008

We traveled to Baltimore (along with the rest of the city of Boston) to see a Red Sox game at Camden Yards. The hotel was close enough that getting into Baltimore was very easy and we saved money on parking. The room was spacious with a huge bed and plenty of room to spread out and relax.Free wireless throughout was easy to connect to and fast enough to boot. Very clean, with plenty of towels and toiletries. Had one meal in the restaurant, (breakfast) that was fine, if unspectacular and reasonably priced. Despite the hotel being full for a conference and graduation party, it never felt crowded and/or particularly loud. Close to the Towson Center Mall and other necessities (Starbucks etc) Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
New Jersey
Reviewed May 20, 2008

Have you ever been descriminated against? Yeh, me neither. That is of course, with the exception of my recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore North. So where do I start, how about where most people do, at the BAR.

Coming from the service industry, I was once a waiter, I can understand and appreciate the need for service with a smile, something I did not receive at the Sheraton Bar. A bartender, who was probably 2 yrs my senior, a whopping 26, decided to base his client relations upon the age of the attending patrons. Upon my arival at the bar I was forced to request menus, a circumstance that was due to the tender's inability to pay attention to myself and the rest of my party. After tossing the menus at us, an action which is unacceptable under any circumstance, we proceeded to order; now I must say, the food was wonderful, it was a highlight of the weekend. When it came time to pay the tender told us that "oh by the way, there is a special on Killian's Red today, $2 bottles." Well, thanks for the update!! So I did what any sensible person would have done, asked if he could charge us for Killian's rather than the beers we drank? You would have thought that I asked this guy to part the Red Sea: "Sir we are limited in the number of Killian's we have available for the special, and these are counted by my Manager." Dude, its beer, it grows on trees. Ok fine, I will accept his response, but does that mean that your manager would approve of you telling us about a special after we have paid? Is it that hard to use your noggin?? So that was that, and nothing came of it, but that was just the beginning.

Let me just preface the next part of this rant by asking a simple question, does anyone know what "best and final" means, or for that matter what "guarenteed best rates" means, cause if so then you can run this Hotel. When I made my reservation I was told that my room rate was $170 a night, a rate which is indicitive of my AAA discount. Ok, so not to bad considering that it is a Sheraton, right? Thats what I thought, until I received my bill. Picture this, your sleeping soundly on a Sunday, the day of rest, knowing that your guarenteed something in this life, the rate of your room, only to find that your bill for the two days is, ready...$695. Woha!! Ok lets take it back in the day here, 2+2=4, 3+3=6, 170+170= 340...hmmmm? Well I took it to the manager, and let me tell you that up to that point I did not think I was dumb, but when she was done with me I was second guessing my Ivy League diploma (I am kidding about the Ivy League, I went to Towson). She more or less told me that I was wrong, and my story was inconsitent with her own, well no [--] there are inconsistencies, there are about 355 inconsistencies. So I took it on the chin and went back to the room, where the girlfriend was waiting. Let me just say that she gave a wonderful pep-talk....needless to say, I went back down. Finally after about an hr and a 1/2 of pleasent conversation, we found my mistake.....Im kidding, imagine reading this whole thing only to find that I was wrong, haha. For real, though, she found her mistake and proceeded to pull her foot out of her mouth and her jaw off of the ground, all at the same time mind you. By the way, she never said sorry. Wow!!

Let me just add a few things: we had to take the elevator up 2 floors in order to go down 1, there was human waste in a plant by the elevator (kinda funny), we were woken up three times, once by room service who was at the wrong room (did they change a 2 to a 4 recently, could someone let me know next time, I think a memo is in order?) and then two more times by housekeeping who was asking us to checkout (checkout is at 12, this was at 9 and 10), and finally the pool and hottub was down, dagger!

All in all, not a bad time, ha. Maybe it was a fluke, but let me tell you that I typically stay at Marriotts, I have been to a couple of Westin's (same company), and have stayed at a Hyatt in Hawaii, and never in my life have I had a similiar experience.

I really think that I would have been treated differently if I was 52, wearing terrible golf pants, and driving in a convertable. Instead they saw a 24 yr old hung over young professional who was wearing a shirt that said "I put out," and a matching Ralph Lauren sweatsuit. Should have stayed at a Comfort Inn.

• Liked — The location, down the stree from the bars
  • Disliked — The employees
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank cmarti15
north carolina
Reviewed April 22, 2008

We enjoyed the hotel but had a problem with the service. We were told we would get a rollaway bed when we checked in. When we checked in they said that our room was a fire hazard for a rollaway, so we asked for a different room that we could have a rollaway, they said they didnt have any. How can that be? Why would they advertise that? ! Then, we inquired about a ride to the Orioles game, they said they provided a car service for that. so when we called them to have the car come get us, they suddenly remembered that their car service doesnt cover that.
We were so disappointed in them. They didnt even care that they had let us down. Also, the housekeeping is loud and obnoxious, forget sleeping in.

They do have good food.

• Liked — the rooms were clean
  • Disliked — the customer service
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed February 17, 2008

We stayed for two nights (2/15-16) for parents weekend of MICA, our son's art college. We were on the 5th Floor away from the main elevators. Friday night we noticed it seemed to be quite noisy in our room from the hallway. Babies crying, people walking, thumps, but it was still early. Little did we know that the walls seemed paper thin and we could actually hear conversations through our wall AND through the vent near the ceiling above the bed. I read a short passage from a book I was reading to my son and the people next door knocked on the wall! Mind you I was not shouting or even talking loud.
There was a cool breeze if you went near the windows as well. The party through the vent lasted until at least 1:00 AM.
To make matters worse there was no fan in the bathroom (also not good for OTHER reasons) to drown out the noise.
The room was clean and the beds very comfortable although the comforters were very heavy. The pool looked nice although the bottom needed attention and the front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We thought the free parking was a plus. If you are a mall shopper it would be heavenly with the connecting walkway.
In all, it was not a bad experience but enjoyed other hotels thicker walls and complimentary breakfasts much more. I probably not stay here again.

• Liked — free parking, beds, location
  • Disliked — thin walls, noise, no bathrrom fan
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank hammockdoll
Glen Burnie, MD
Reviewed January 27, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a 2 day State of Maryland PTA 2007 Convention. I had a wonderful stay and I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of my visit. The room was very clean, spacious and well decorated. I couldn't believe how comfortable the bed was. There was water, tea, coffee and a coffee maker available

I ate breakfast at the restaurant downstairs and the meals were so-so, but not great. The service was great but the food is nothing to write home about.

I had an awesome view of the city from room and enjoyed every minute of it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — the bed
  • Disliked — the location
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
New York, NY
Reviewed October 31, 2007

I stayed at this hotel by using my points for a free room for one night. We had a party of a total of 7 with us and other then my room the other rooms were paid for via Expedia. Our room was a king bed room number 600. The other rooms that were paid for requested non smoking rooms, and initially got smoking rooms even though they were confirmed as non smoking rooms, and the people in the rooms were allergic to smoke. When asked to change the other rooms, the parties were told that there is nothing available since the hotel is sold out due to 3 weddings taking place at the hotel that night. They said perhaps later in the evening, but no guarantees. However after much search late at night they were able to move the othe
r rooms to a non smoking room. But even for that they tried not to do since it was easier to leave the guests in a room where they were vs. arranging their move.

My room was decent, but whoever decorated it needs some lessons in matching colors. The bathroom floors did not match the walls or the tiles around the shower in any way. Also the shower curtain liner looked like it was from a low class motel and not a Sheraton. The room was handicap accesible, but the railings around the tub did not fit properly and hung off into empty space. The railing by the toilet was not put on properly and you can still see some of the hole in the wall where they attached it. After they spent a small fortune to upgrade the bathroom, it seems that they could have done a better job with the shower head vs. the cheap plastic one they are using. The toiletries are nothing like what they have in the photos on the Sheraton web site, and perhaps even had some items not placed into the room by the staff.

I did not try the food or the bar at the hotel, but the rest of our party did, and they were not impressed with the service at the bar on Saturday night, and when I asked them about the food, the response was that an egg is an egg. So nothing impressive at all.

When we asked the bellman to recommend a restaurant in the area for dinner, he gave us a name of a restaurant, but when we tried to find the place it did not exists, however a similar named place did. So we are not sure if he had the name wrong or did not know the name of the place. And for directions we got go a couple of blocks this way and then a couple of blocks that way and you will find restaurants.

Overall the feeling with this hotel is very mixed and since we went to the hotel for an event nearby, the next time out we will stay elsewhere.

• Disliked — service could be better
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank gabesz
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed October 18, 2007

Stayed here on business trip. Found room to be average. Nothing to get excited about. Fairly clean. Food in the restaurant was ok. Skywalk to mall was convenient as was the free parking.

Stayed September 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#27 of 66 in Baltimore

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!