“Avoid on Weekends”

Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel books a lot of groups - conventions, weddings, bar and bat mitzvahs. After the ballrooms close, the parties continue into very late hours in guest rooms and hallways. Last Sunday night we were awakened at 2:30am by people running up and down the hall, pounding on doors yelling obscenities at each other. The hotel has insufficient security and is unable to maintain quiet hallways for guests who want to sleep. We've stayed at this hotel many times over the past seven years and as they have booked more and more events, our experience has become less and less satisfactory. We are now at the point of overcoming our inertia and will try to find somewhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Avoid a room anywhere near the third floor gym which is open 24 hours. Where someone is jogging on...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

I wanted to take the time to apologize for the issues you experienced during your last stay at the Sheraton Baltimore North. The experience you had is certainly not the level of service we strive to provide here and I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this stay with you further. Please contact me directly at the hotel, so that perhaps you can give me the chance to make this up to you. Thank you for your time and for your feedback, both are greatly appreciated and I hope to hear from you soon.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed on club level. Erica that takes care of the club suite guests takes great care if guests and you can the that she really cares about anticipating their needs. She goes above and beyond. Richard at the front desk was really helpful upon check in.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore North hotel. I appreciate your feedback and really appreciate your use of hotel associate names. This lets me know which associates are making a positive impact on our guests and allows me to reward them personally for their efforts. Again I enjoyed comments and will pass them along to those mentioned. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I would have really liked to give this Sheraton an above average rating, but a few issues with my stay prevent me from being able to do that. Overall it's not a bad hotel. It's about what I've come to expect from Sheraton, but nothing impressive.

THE GOOD:
If you have to be in the Towson area, the location of this hotel is good. It's convenient to the interstate, and it's directly across the street from a large shopping mall that included a food court and restaurants such as Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Changs. There's even a pedestrian walkway over the street connecting the hotel to the mall parking garage. This made getting meals easy without having to eat at the hotel every meal. The hotel also has good sized rooms, and most of the staff were pretty helpful. They even offer a manager's reception one day a week with some complimentary food and drinks in the lobby.

THE BAD:
It's hard to regulate the temperature in the room. It felt like constant battle to maintain a comfortable temperature. The drink vending machines only took credit card. I encountered other guests standing at the vending machines with handfuls of quarters but unable to make purchases because the machines don't take actual money. We were all confused by that oddity. The hotel also didn't have a mini fridge in the room, which is an inconvenience but I've come to find that only about 1 out of 3 Sheratons I've stayed in seem to have those anyway. My only major problem was with my key card. It stopped work often. Even after taking it down to the front desk and having it supposedly reprogrammed, it still wouldn't work after walking it straight back up to my room. This happened as often as four times in one day, which became very frustrating, especially when one of the staff members at the front desk tried to blame me for the problem saying I must have been carrying it too close to something like a cell phone or credit cards, even after I told him I didn't have any of those things with me. Luckily, other staff members were much more helpful and apologetic that the problem kept happening. Finally, I experienced some minor issues with the housekeeping in getting the room as clean as it should have been.

Room Tip: Get a high room to reduce road noise
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I enjoyed reading your comments and wanted to thank you for making the effort to review my hotel! Guest feedback is so important to the success of a good hotel and we appreciate guests who not only provide us with positive feedback but also with feedback for improvement so we know where to focus on. I truly apologize for the issues you did have especially the problems with your key. It is so frustrating to return to your room only to realize that your key is not working causing a trip back downstairs to the desk. I will definately look into this and see what things could have caused this. Thanks again and if you would like to discuss your stay further feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. Enjoy your week!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

In town for a wedding three years ago, we were all booked into this hotel and had a wonderful time. On business in Baltimore this month, we chose this place. From the start, it was a great experience in that staff easily directed us to service-area parking because of our over-sized vehicle. Hotel is stylish and handsome without being snooty. Our spacious room and bath were both immaculate, linens and towels sumptuous, decor very welcoming. We thought that two easy chairs and good lighting was very nice, too. High-quality complimentary toiletries and excellent television channel choices topped it off. Although we did not eat in either restaurant, we were delighted to have such easy access to the adjacent Towson Shopping Center and all it offered.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your delightful feedback in regards to your recent stay. We appreicate all feedback and truly enjoy hearing about such positive experiences like yours! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

After trying out many of the Sheratons in the Baltimore area, this is hands down the choice hotel in the chain. Great service, clean rooms, comfy beds, GREAT STAFF, and it seems like everytime I stay there they try to place me in the same room as I stayed in the last time. When traveling and having to be $$ minded I would pick this hotel over the other Sheratons. Vallet is not astronimical like the Downtown location, There is a Omlet bar unlike the Downtown locations (Starwood Preffered), Great reasonable restaurants just across the street, And a top notch limo service. All in all this is a great and more recently updated Sheraton in the Baltimore area. 5 stars!!

Room Tip: Become a Starwood Preffered Member. Get your rooms on your own floor as well as go enjoy free refres...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The hotel location isn't bad - specially if you need to do last minute shopping. The mall is right across and there are a couple of restaurants around if you dont want the hotel food. Note: there isn't a huge menu option and neither there are dinner specials. For weeekly travellers, it gets pretty boring when it comes to the food. The gym isn't exceptional and the hotel by itself could do with a remodeling with a change of carpets,etc. However, the rooms are comfortable and the hotel staff makes you feel welcome. Special call out to Brian at the front desk who makes an effort not only to just remember names but also to accomodate individual preferences.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to complete a review in regards to your experience at the Sheraton Baltimore North. We appreciate all feedback from our guests as it helps us to know what are strong points are and where we can improve. In response to your comments regarding the food options, I have definately passed this on to our Food and Beverage team for them to address. Also, we will starting to do renovations this year which will include carpet which you had also mentioned. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Without a doubt, a great hotel.

Wonderful customer service, friendliest desk staff (Brian in particular is awesome, and always remembers ever the tiniest detail--not surprised other people mentioned him in the reviews), and quiet rooms and comfy beds. What more could you ask for? The kind of service that's unobtrusive but very much worth noticing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful comments you provided about the Sheraton Baltimore North. We love hearing guests' feedback as it helps us to understand how we are doing. Thank you for taking your time to write a review, we truly appreicate it! I will make sure to let Brian know that he is becoming quite the star on the Trip Advisor! Enjoy your week!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#24 of 67 in Baltimore

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!