WINNER WONDERLAND

Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Towson
“Excellent staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel staff, specifically Brian that works at the front desk, do an amazing job. Brian actually remembers the guests names and preferences. I've always seen him act professionally and with a great attitude. It's a wonder he's not the head manager at the hotel.

The hotel itself is older so its not one of the nicer ones that I've stayed at. It could definitely use a good remodel. But overall it's pretty comfortable and serves as a decent home away from home.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to complete a review about the Sheraton Baltimore North. I appreciate your positive comments regarding Brian at the front desk. It really lets me know which staff members are making a difference for our guests and he definately is! As far as the building goes we will be starting a 4 year renovation plan this spring so keep your eyes open for so awesome changes and upgrades. Thank you again for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel is at best average. The service is not great, cleanliness is poor (plates of food can be left outside of the room for at least a day), and the restaurant is sub par. However, the people at the front desk are extremely accomodating and friendly (especially Brian). I stay here weekly, mainly because of the front desk people, location, and SPG points. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, hotel is attached to the Towson Mall (largest mall in Maryland), a very nice market across the street, and the hotel sits right off the highway. The hotel is also a 20 minute drive to downtown Baltimore with no traffic.

Room Tip: I definitely recommend the rooms with two double beds. They are much bigger, and have two large wind...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review my hotel. I appreciate your feedback and will definately be following up where needed. I am happy to hear yor positive comments about our front desk and appreciate the specific mention of associate names. Since you are staying with us on a weekly basis I would love to have the opportunity to touch base with you next time you are on property to discuss some of the issues you've experienced. I look foward to hearing from you!
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My first experience with poor service: I was working out at the gym and there were no cups at the water cooler. The pool attendant happened to come to the gym (adjacent to the pool) and refilled his water cup. I asked him if he could call down to someone to refill the water cups so I could get a drink while working out. He told me "well there is a cup there" and he was pointing to a cup on top of the cooler and not in the dispenser. I said "that cup may have been used and simply left there". He reluctantly agreed to call down to the front desk or housekeeping to refill the dispenser. I looked down at the pool attendant a couple times thereafter in between exercises and he wore headphones and was glued to his laptop. Bottom line: I worked out for about 45 more minutes and no cups. Second time I experienced bad service was at breakfast. The server never brought me coffee he offered me so I had to get it myself then serve myself at the buffet. He literally just sat me at a table. I even had to retrieve my own bill. I think he was the only one working though so maybe it wasn't hs fault but managements. I get better service at Walmart which is pretty sad. I think the Sheraton name has gone downhill. Noise was also a problem one night of my stay. The only positives were the "free" wifi, the gym equipment was pretty good, and the location next to the mall and restaurants. Hopefully, you can do better somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank your for providing us with your feedback about your recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore North. I apologize for the poor level of service you experienced and want you to know that this is not typical of our hotel. We strive to provide a warm and memorable experience for all of our guests and I was sad to learn that we did not do this for you. I am most definately following up with these issues to ensure they do not occur again. If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel I would love to have the opportunity to discuss your stay with you in more detail. I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I recently stayed here and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and what you would expect. Location is very convenient and near Towson Town Center. I will definitely stay here again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We appreciate your comments and feedback! Thank you for giving your time to review your recent experience. We love hearing from our guests and appreciate hearing about your perspective on our property! Have a great week and we hope to see you again soon!
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

This Sheraton was fine -- what you would expect-- and very conveniently located. Nothing extraordinary in terms of appearance or service but the front desk was nice and the hotel is clean and well maintained.
Only major complaint -- we could not get waited on in the hotel bar.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore North. I apologize for the poor experience you had in the bar and want to make sure you know we are addressing this with the appropriate associates. This is of course not the level of service we strive to provide for our guests and appreciate that you shared this with us. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Again thank you for your time and we hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed here occasionally when working in Towson for a good 10 years now, and have always liked it. Staff is consistently friendly, and make me feel welcome. Never a problem with my reservation either, and sometimes I don't check in until after midnight.

Although I only stay one night at a time, 2-4 times per year, I feel like a valued regular guest here, and am often upgraded to a larger room (even though I pay a discount rate) at no extra charge. Since I come in late and need to sleep in, they always give me a room at the end of the corridor. Even when a large group is here, they always find me a quiet room so I can sleep.

Rooms are nice, spit-spot clean, and the beds are quite comfortable. Plenty of big, thirsty towels, and the bathrooms have an elegant feel...... I never use the TV, or internet in the room, so I can't comment on those.

The bar has happy hour specials, and the food is not bad either. Restaurant has a nice breakfast buffet too. There is a walkway to the Towson mall where there are lots of other dining options too. The property has an enclosed garage. When I come back after working late in the evening, it always feels safe.

The 3rd floor has a nice fitness center, and unlike many others it is NOT in a gloomy basement, plenty of natural light, and an inviting indoor pool.

Room Tip: This hotel will sometimes be sold out for no apparent reason, don't hesitate to book early.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your feedback and your loyalty to our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review the experiences you've had here. We take pride in creating memorable stays for our guests and are delighted when we hear about it directly from you. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for over 7 months. The location is excellent and the rooms are spacious. I admire the great customer service and friendly staff at this hotel as its the most important aspect in hospitality industry. I would like to mention a few names here - Brian Vecchioni at front desk is extremely courteous and friendly and resolves any issue quickly; Marge from sales makes an effort to know their customers and promote goodwill(I adore an event called managers reception where u meet once a week for complimentary drinks for an hour, meet other guests and the hotel leadership) and Danielle has a professional, friendly, customer focused attitude at the Rain Bar.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences at the Sheraton Baltimore North. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for loyalty to our hotel. Also, we are happy to hear how much you enjoy the manager's reception as we enjoy spending time and getting to know our guests there as well. Thank you again and enjoy your week!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#29 of 63 in Baltimore

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!