“Always nice to come back to ....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel

Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Always nice to come back to ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed here occasionally when working in Towson for a good 10 years now, and have always liked it. Staff is consistently friendly, and make me feel welcome. Never a problem with my reservation either, and sometimes I don't check in until after midnight.

Although I only stay one night at a time, 2-4 times per year, I feel like a valued regular guest here, and am often upgraded to a larger room (even though I pay a discount rate) at no extra charge. Since I come in late and need to sleep in, they always give me a room at the end of the corridor. Even when a large group is here, they always find me a quiet room so I can sleep.

Rooms are nice, spit-spot clean, and the beds are quite comfortable. Plenty of big, thirsty towels, and the bathrooms have an elegant feel...... I never use the TV, or internet in the room, so I can't comment on those.

The bar has happy hour specials, and the food is not bad either. Restaurant has a nice breakfast buffet too. There is a walkway to the Towson mall where there are lots of other dining options too. The property has an enclosed garage. When I come back after working late in the evening, it always feels safe.

The 3rd floor has a nice fitness center, and unlike many others it is NOT in a gloomy basement, plenty of natural light, and an inviting indoor pool.

Room Tip: This hotel will sometimes be sold out for no apparent reason, don't hesitate to book early.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and your loyalty to our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review the experiences you've had here. We take pride in creating memorable stays for our guests and are delighted when we hear about it directly from you. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for over 7 months. The location is excellent and the rooms are spacious. I admire the great customer service and friendly staff at this hotel as its the most important aspect in hospitality industry. I would like to mention a few names here - Brian Vecchioni at front desk is extremely courteous and friendly and resolves any issue quickly; Marge from sales makes an effort to know their customers and promote goodwill(I adore an event called managers reception where u meet once a week for complimentary drinks for an hour, meet other guests and the hotel leadership) and Danielle has a professional, friendly, customer focused attitude at the Rain Bar.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences at the Sheraton Baltimore North. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for loyalty to our hotel. Also, we are happy to hear how much you enjoy the manager's reception as we enjoy spending time and getting to know our guests there as well. Thank you again and enjoy your week!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I did a weekend stay in December. The staff was terrific - even honoring my SPG Gold benefits despite booking a Priceline rate. The rooms are showing their age, with old and dark furnishings. The SPG Club is a bit of a joke too - small room with mediocre apps and paltry breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I appreciate the feedback you provided about your recent stay and I am excited to let you know that we will actually be starting renovations to our hotel this year. Included in those enhancements will be an overhaul of our club lounge. We understand what a wonderful benefit the lounge is for our Gold and Platinum SPG members and want to make it the best it can be. Thank you again and we hope you will come back to visit again soon!
Saratoga, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Pluses:
-friendly staff
-comfortable beds, good sized rooms
- second floor skywalk provides direct access to Towson Town center, a major mall with Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's, Food court
- decent, above average fitness facility plus indoor pool
- washer and dryers on floor were much appreciated after long trip
- easy access to Baltimore Beltway 695

minuses:
- $12.95 breakfast buffet was pretty ordinary, more on the standard of what hotels offered a decade ago with steam table scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, yogurt, limited fresh fruit
- slightly frayed condition...not the newest

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent stay at my hotel. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and were able to take advantage of several of the amentiies offered as well. Your feedback for improvement was noted and very much appreciated. We hope to see you again soon!
Milford, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We paid too much for the room - the toilet kept running - the bathroom door stuck and would not close all the way - bed uncomfortable- and my worst nightmare- the elevators are horrible!
Waited 15 min at one point for an elevator-
Stayed for Sunday am breakfast and we asked to see the menu since we prefer that over a buffet- we waited for 20 min for them to come take our order while we sipped our coffee - which we had to call the girl over for - when they never came we just went ahead and had the buffet which was awful.
Since my son is now at Towson University we will be returning - BUT NOT staying here!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time provide us with your feedback. I certainly apologize for the experience that you had at my hotel as this is not the level of service we strive to provide for our guests. I would love for you to contact me directly so we can discuss these issues further. I can be reached via the main hotel number and truly hope to hear from you.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Not the best Sheraton I've been to but wasn't bad. Location was the biggest plus, was able to walk easily to mall and numerous dining choices. Would stay here again because of location alone. Didn't eat on site so can't comment on restaurant. Rooms were small but adequate.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Whitma
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreicate all feedback from our guests and are happy to know that you enjoyed all the options available here in Towson. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was in Baltimore with my Family for a Holiday and we stayed at the Sheraton Baltimore North. The property was beautiful and so was the location with towson mall opp the hotel which was an added advantage to our holiday. Specially my family enjoyed shopping and checking out the resturants there. It was an unforgetable experience for us and we definately would like to stay in Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel again.

Room Tip: We had our room facing Towson Mall the view for our room was really good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We are delighted to hear how wonderful your experience was at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the memories you created while here. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!