“always a pleasure to come back”

Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Every time when I'm visiting my business partner in Towson I’m staying in Sheraton Hotel, because it is always nice to be there. This hotel is opposite to big mall – so really half a minute away. Just across the street you have few restaurants; Fridays, Chinese restaurant, and my favorite Cheesecake factory…
Rooms are clean, big enough and also beds are big and comfortable.
You can have a breakfast in restaurant in a lobby or in 12 th floor (club room)
They are also providing free shuttle in radius of 0,5 mile or 1 mile from hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was a one night stay for business in the area. I called the hotel directly and was greated so professionally by the staff. They checked my rewards status without asking, they checked and saw the company I was going to had a discount agreement with the hotel and I received a huge discount at $109 per night and was booked on the club floor no less. The room and bath were very clean and comfortable with plenty of room. This venue has a great location, central to everything. Can get anywere form here - shopping, beltway, etc. The staff, unusually friendly, helpful and professional. Really made my stay. PS. The Club breakfast was fantastic. Try the veg. omlet. Also, parking lot is accross the courtyard. Easy parking at a discount rate from the hotel

OK... The bottom line: Would I stay here again - Yes. At this rate you can't beat the value. Would I recommend to friends and family - Yes again for the same reasons.

Room Tip: If your here on buisness, see if that business has a discount agreement with the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hotel was recommended during surgery at local surgical center. Received a discounted rate, but was not worth it. The lobby was moldy and the bathroom in the room. The first night room the heater worked somewhat. We had room service sheets where changed and the second night my husband woke up to bug bites. He dressed, went to the desk and they gave us a room down the hall. That room the heater didn't work. I had surgery that day and wanted to rest and be warm. Good thing I had a heating pad with me. The second room the marble sink top was cracked because the support underneath was broken. We called about the lack of heat, they offered to send a service person but we were going to leave in a few hours and it would have been invasive. I asked for refund and it was granted, but for peace of mind if having surgery don't go here. The only positive was that one can walk next door to the Towson Center Mall and eat at the Cheesecake Factory or other nice restaurants. There is a Fresh Market Grocery and other conveniences nearby.

Room Tip: This hotel accepts dogs, beware you could get flea bites.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The room was fine, nothing more, nothing less. Everything worked, etc. The location is excellent, right off of 695, and right by a giant mall. The restaurant had a decent menu, although the food wasn't anything special, it certainly was adequate. My two negative comments are: 1) not a good value - $209 per night for one room with two double beds struck me as a lot for what I got, which was slightly more than I would get from a Hampton Inn level hotel. 2) As a Starwood Preferred member I was given access to "Club Sheraton" for a free breakfast on the 12th floor, but it was awful and I should have gone to the real restaurant and paid for a real breakfast. There weren't enough seats, the food choices were very limited, less than you'd get in a Hampton Inn honestly, there was no waitstaff, and the food was as industrial as any I've had in a long time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Armonk
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this Sheraton for a birthday party for a relative. Upon arrival I felt it was very nice. I liked the bar with $2 beers. The room was nice. Bed was very comfy. Tried to bounce on it and couldn't. It was a soft yet firm bed. I hated the pillows. Great hotel, the only problem I had was some people were staying their that were having a party and they decided to bring marijuana. The hallway began to smell of it. I called the front desk. They took care of it. All in all it is a great hotel minus the "nickel and dime" parking fee.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed one of two nights while in Baltimore. The Hotel seems like a great wedding venue as that is what was happening while we were there. Not a bad environment unless you want to sleep at 1:00 am instead of partying like the people in the halls. We had a deluxe king on the 9th floor which is right by the elevator, which meant we heard all the noise. The ventilation system leaves a lot to be desired as we had the thermostat set at 77 and still had a cold room. With only a thin spread and no extra blankets in the room made for a very uncomfortable stay. We found a more pleasant hotel the next night.

Room Tip: Plan a visit when they have no weddings planned and be prepared to walk to the parking garage for yo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights when my son and his wife had our first grandchild. For us, it was convenient to the hospital where the baby and her mom were located. But for most, it is very convenient to a huge shopping complex, the Towson Town Center. There is even a skywalk over to the mall from the hotel and there are many chain restaurants incorporated into the mall, which gives one many convenient dining choices. Other than that, it was your standard chain hotel. The internet was slow, but included in the price of the room.

The staff was noteworthy. They were extremely friendly and accomodating and went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. The only drawback is a $9.00 per day charge for parking.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!