“It's a wonderful hotel”

Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed on New Year's eve with a group of families and friend (right before Carnival cruise leaving from Baltimore port). Everyone enjoyed the stay. The room is spacious, clean, and like all starwood hotels, the beds are comfortable (heavenly bed). The mall is right across the hotel. The price is unbeatable compares to the ones around the harbor. If you're driving to the port like us, strongly suggest this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed here for a visit to Goucher College. The Sheraton was not the best I have ever stayed in, but not the worst either. There is a pedestrian bridge that takes you to the big mall next door with several shopping options. The quaint downtown is also within walking distance (15 minutes) as well as a Starbucks 2 blocks from the hotel.

Parking was easy in their garage. The "Bar" in the lobby was a bit odd with the beer a tad too warm, but for a quick stay the hotel worked.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Room appeared to have been recently refreshed. Updated furnishings, wallpaper etc. Quite roomy with a nice sitting area in addition to two queen beds.

Bathtub and shower head in fairly rough shape (compared to the rest of the room). Minor things – no tissue and only a quarter of a roll of toilet paper in the room when we checked in.

Beds were quite comfortable. Soft linens and duvet.

Room noise – within the room it was possible to hear the immediate neighbors, coughing etc. It was also possible to hear quite a bit of the action in the hallway in the room.

We had a dog with us so we think that we must have been placed on the “dog floor.” No issue with that other than that there were several dogs where the owners must have left them alone in the room while they left for the day. Poor things were howling and barking in distress. Umm. For a long time.

Words of advice - If you don’t have a dog with you make sure you ask to be placed on a floor without dogs. Of course that could be extended to say without loud people, screaming children etc. since the walls tended to be a bit on the thin side.

Pool - Check before booking – The indoor pool was closed over part of the Christmas holiday. Okay for us, but those with kids would have been really disappointed to arrive and not have the pool available to them.

Also – be sure to put the “Do Not Disturb” sign out. Housekeeping knocked right at 8 AM. We managed to forget to do this.

Front desk staff was not what I would have expected for a Sheraton. It was quite apparent that they did not want to be there. Definitely understandable, since it was Christmas Eve.

Hotel location was right across the street from a mall. The main entrance was in the rear of the building. We arrived in the evening and missed the entrance the first time. Signage could be a bit brighter. Since it appears that you are driving in to an office park. We did not know the area so we just drove around the block a bit slower the next time.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Had a quick in-and-out visit, and very happy with service and facilities at this hotel. Fitness center adequate. Stayed on Club Floor--worth it for breakfast, free beverages, internet services. Rooms in decent condition, beds comfortable and room actually VERY spacious--we're used to city hotels, but these rooms (King and 2 Queens) felt like they were 150% of the size of usual hotels.

EXTREMELY convenient to Goucher campus--you can actually see it from the Club Room. Also adjacent to shopping mall, other amenities.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to Club Room. They were very helpful about arranging adjacent rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a seminar. The hotel was very nice and clean. I had room service one night and the food i ordered was wonderful. The only bad thing I have to say is the walls are thin......I could hear a couple in the next room getting it on. The bar downstairs has a great happy hour.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
SBN_Guest_Services, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Jenna_samchar,

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you during your recent trip to Baltimore for a seminar. We are thrilled to hear you had multiple positive encounters with our food and beverage outlets.

We sincerely apologize for the noise you heard during your stay. Sound proofing is one of our top priorities on our next set of renovations. If I can be of any additional assistance in regards to this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at Christopher.book@sheratonbaltimorenorth.com.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property, and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever your plans bring you back to Baltimore! Happy Holidays.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

My friends and I stayed at this hotel in August for two nights. Our organization had a conference at this hotel so we decided to just stay here as well. The rooms are costly, but it is a very tall building in urban area. But I'm not sure if it is worth the money they charge, I'd lower the price a bit just because their rooms are not big at all. I had originally booked the room for one King and requested a sleeper sofa. Well when we got there, they said that they don't have any king room available even though I had made a reservation and thought I had secured the room, they said if people who check in before us request a king room, they will give it to them. So even if you have a reservation you still need to get there super early. We got there about an hour and a half later than the check in time. So it wasn't even like we got there at 9pm or something.

Because I have requested the roller bed, the receptionist said that they will get it ready for us shortly. We sat there waited and waited for about 2 hours, kept making phone calls to the front desk asking for it. Finally it came but it took a long time in my opinion.

The building overall and the lobby are nice. The pool was just ok. It wasn't impressing. But the room................... it was so tiny. We stayed on the 10th floor, can't remember the exact number but the room was just so compact and I couldn't believe how much they charged for that tiny room. We couldn't even open the curtain because the room next door was located diagonally from our room so if we opened the window we could see into each others' room. The room was warm enough. I think it could be a little less warm, but it wasn't a big deal. The beds were soft and comfy - we had a good sleep!

My biggest con is the size of the room. It was seriously too small for the amount of money they charge.. think they should lower the price just because of the size of the room. The internet didn't work for all of us, one of us could get a little bit of signal sometimes but wasn't stable. I guess the signal's week in the room because when we went outside we were able to connect to the internet.
The bathroom was nice - it was clean and nice looking.

Overall it is a nice place, but think they charge too much for the room quality. It's just too small for me for the room in that price range....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

ObsidianP,

We are glad to hear you had a nice stay at our property this past August, and hope you had a successful conference. Our Sales & Marketing teams are consistently monitoring our rates compared to other properties in the area. We have found our rates to be competitive when considering our star rating, the area we are located, and the amenities our property offers.

My sincerest apologies for the difficulty you experienced with your reservation. Unfortunately none of the rooms on our property have sleeper sofas. Sheraton’s bedding is the Sweet Sleeper Bed which sometimes causes confusion as people think this is a sleeper sofa. It is certainly not our policy to give your room away to another guest if you have a confirmed reservation. I also apologize for any delay in receiving your roll-away bed; our system tracks all requests and gives a time limit of 15 minutes to be completed, so I will be following up with our staff to see what caused the delay.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

I have a client not very far away and by far this is the nicest hotel for the money I probably have ever stayed at. The rooms are a good size and nicely furnished in a traditional style. As a Starwood member I have access to the lounge which lacks a bit in comparison to others I have been to, but the staff is great overall. I ran into the young laddy on several occasions throughout my stay and she always went out of her way to smile and say hello. A colleague and I got back to the hotel after dinner and decided to have a few drinks at the bar. While the bar closed at 11, the bartender warned us at about 10:30 that the bar would be closing and that he would take last call shortly. He hooked us up for one for the road, telling us while the bar would be closing, we could take our drinks and sit by some chairs that were nearby, but out of the bar area. My colleague realized he had left something in his room and we called. The front desk immediately had someone go check the room and called us back to say that they had found it. The whole thing took less than 5 mins. Very impressed with the staff. Finally the hotel is right across from a decent mall, with restaurants and stores. I definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

LeftyWilbury,

It is so nice to hear that you had a great stay at our property this month and found our property to be great all around. Our Guest Service team takes great pride in making sure that every guest has an enjoyable stay, and we are glad to hear that every staff member you encountered helped to make it a memorable stay for you.

The offerings of our Club Lounge are something we are consistently looking at to ensure it is meeting the needs of our guests. To help us better serve you in the future, please e-mail me directly at Christopher.book@sheratonbaltimorenorth.com if you can provide me with any specific as to what the Club Lounge at other properties has offered that we were missing.

Your “World Class” Guest Service Management Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#28 of 67 in Baltimore

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!