“Vietnamese Pho restaurant”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Georgia
“Vietnamese Pho restaurant”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Located in a hotel this is a hidden gem in Towson. The Vietnamese spring rolls were amazing and came with a very good dipping sauce. I would make the trip just for these. Not fried like an eggroll but with a slightly chewey wrapper. The Pho comes in many ways and my friend had tried several, all of which she enjoyed. The bowl was huge and I had to take some home. Not too spicy; you can add your own spice at the table (hot sauce, chili sauce are on the table and if you need more fish sauce, just ask and they will bring you some). Along with the Pho you are served a heaping plate of fresh bean sprouts, fresh basil leaves and lime to add to your soup. The place isn't at all fancy but the Pho was delicious and there were many other things on the menu, especially some noodle dishes that I plan to try on my next visit (along with those Vietnamese spring rolls!)

• Visited November 2012

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Good pho at a great price”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Don't let the location dissuade you from trying this place. Yes, it's in a Best Western but the pho is really good and cheap. For $9 you get a huge bowl and delicious pho with lots of meat. The garnish of sprouts, cilantro and peppers is a huge plate. The fresh spring rolls were also really good. I will go back.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Pho”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Excellent Pho and spring rolls. Maybe the best I've had. I didn't eat-in but had carryout so I can't comment too much on service but the girl at the register was friendly. A sign of a good ethnic restaurant is whether or not the target ethnicity eats there. In this case, there were a lot of Asian people eating when I picked up my food which I took as a good sign and it was confirmed when I ate my Pho!

• Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Oh what a night”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had a blast at the hotel bar, and enjoyed some pho. The owner and his wife work the business, so they make everyone welcome.

Visited August 2012
Maryland
“Good Vietnamese food in Towson”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've been here several times, and I'm a fan of this place. It's inside the lobby of the Best Western just off 695. It's in the hotel breakfast area, so there's no Vietnamese vibe. However, that doesn't detract from the food for me.

The menu is pretty standard: pho with a variety of meat options, vermicelli dishes, etc. The portions are generous, and the prices are cheap. It's $7 for a HUGE bowl of pho. (And that's the small!) The meat is also good quality, especially in comparison to the other pho place in town. Everything I've eaten there has been delicious. What really brings my boyfriend and I back time and time again is the drinks, surprisingly! Their thai ice tea is actually really good. You can taste the spices in it, not just sugar and condensed milk. Their taro shake is also excellent and really captures the subtle flavor of taro.

I don't really understand the reviews complaining about the lack of spice. They provide all the standard hot sauces at the table. If you want to kick it up a notch, go ahead and try a little bit of each sauce before adding it to your dish. Personally I add a few squirts of sriracha to my pho.

The service has always been good too. One time the owner even came out to talk to us about how we liked our food and explained some of the origins of one of the dishes (a Cambodian dish).

There aren't a whole lot of options for Vietnamese in Towson, so if you don't want to go all the way down to Mekong Delta in Baltimore, I recommend hitting up Pho Towson.

• Visited May 2012