“Great new place for us”
Review of Bread and Circuses

Bread and Circuses
Ranked #2 of 193 Restaurants in Towson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We ate here of the first time last night.
We found the staff friendly and the food very tasty and reasonably priced. My only recommendation would be to drink beer or wine. The liquor pours were small at best. this is a restaurant that is about the food and apparently does not think that a great drink adds to the experience. Next time we will have drinks at home prior to visiting.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The restaurant's web site and ads led us to think we were going to a French bistro. Nope. Most of the menu was not even remotely French. After we got over the "not French" disappointment, we found a couple items on the menu that sounded good and had a satisfactory meal. Bread and Circuses did not make our list of favored dining spots.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our table for 4 ordered 2 appetizers: the Scallop Special in a Thai glaze, and the other was the Beer Lovers Plate of sausage, mustard and a little cup of nuts. I'm sorry I did not order my own Seafood Bisque, it was creamy and had lots of crab. Our entrees came from the Specials: I had a perfectly cooked Last night had the pleasure to be introduced by our friends to this bistro. It's the epitome of a neighborhood restaurant and I can't believe I'd never noticed this little house before. We dined on the patio near the outdoor bar with attentive service by Jazzline. For such a small place, there's an impressive Scotch selection.

The ambiance makes you feel as if you're in a friend's home. There's plenty of metered street parking or in the public lot nearby. After just one visit, it seems there's much more to sample.Rib with blue cheese, and my husband had the Stuffed Rockfish. At our table we also had another scallop dish and our friend said his Lobster Ravioli was excellent also. In any event, there were absolutely no complaints, and I'm told the Chicken Mykonos is very good also.

1  Thank BmoreStyle
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've worked in downtown Towson for 9 years and have lunched at all the top-rated restaurants that have come and gone, and then some. The setting at B&C is comfortable and retro-'20s quaint, and the menu is elegant: American "with a bohemian flare." $6-12 gets you an decently portioned appetizer or sandwich with chips and fruit.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Overall great experience. My husband and I wanted to try a new place for dinner on a Saturday night. I recalled seeing the restaurant advertised in coupon mail flyer. Reviews online looked good so we checked it out. We were so glad we did. Reviews lived up to the experience. Food was delicious, atmosphere quaint, good service, and good value. You can have a simple meal like sandwich or more formal entree meal. My husband and I went all out after looking at the menu and wanted to try a few things. For apps we tried the summer wind dip and bruschetta--- both delicious. Then my husband got a special lobster ravioli and I had the Salvador Salad. Everything was great. Definitely a gem in the rough that it is off the main road and easily overlooked. 2 thumbs up.

Been to Bread and Circuses? Share your experiences!