“French home-style cooking in an intimate setting”
Review of Bread and Circuses

Bread and Circuses
Ranked #2 of 181 Restaurants in Towson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our table for 4 ordered 2 appetizers: the Scallop Special in a Thai glaze, and the other was the Beer Lovers Plate of sausage, mustard and a little cup of nuts. I'm sorry I did not order my own Seafood Bisque, it was creamy and had lots of crab. Our entrees came from the Specials: I had a perfectly cooked Last night had the pleasure to be introduced by our friends to this bistro. It's the epitome of a neighborhood restaurant and I can't believe I'd never noticed this little house before. We dined on the patio near the outdoor bar with attentive service by Jazzline. For such a small place, there's an impressive Scotch selection.

The ambiance makes you feel as if you're in a friend's home. There's plenty of metered street parking or in the public lot nearby. After just one visit, it seems there's much more to sample.Rib with blue cheese, and my husband had the Stuffed Rockfish. At our table we also had another scallop dish and our friend said his Lobster Ravioli was excellent also. In any event, there were absolutely no complaints, and I'm told the Chicken Mykonos is very good also.

1  Thank BmoreStyle
There are newer reviews for Bread and Circuses

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've worked in downtown Towson for 9 years and have lunched at all the top-rated restaurants that have come and gone, and then some. The setting at B&C is comfortable and retro-'20s quaint, and the menu is elegant: American "with a bohemian flare." $6-12 gets you an decently portioned appetizer or sandwich with chips and fruit.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Overall great experience. My husband and I wanted to try a new place for dinner on a Saturday night. I recalled seeing the restaurant advertised in coupon mail flyer. Reviews online looked good so we checked it out. We were so glad we did. Reviews lived up to the experience. Food was delicious, atmosphere quaint, good service, and good value. You can have a simple meal like sandwich or more formal entree meal. My husband and I went all out after looking at the menu and wanted to try a few things. For apps we tried the summer wind dip and bruschetta--- both delicious. Then my husband got a special lobster ravioli and I had the Salvador Salad. Everything was great. Definitely a gem in the rough that it is off the main road and easily overlooked. 2 thumbs up.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Everything here was A plus with the exception of Reservations. Called several days in advance, had to leave a message, gave all the info in the message, no one called me back, and when I called back there was no record of my reservation. But the meal was fantastic, our waiter, Blake, was The Best, and the ambiance was cozy and comfortable. We had mahi-mahi with crab and avocado sauce. Delicious.

1  Thank jstaples900
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've eaten here several times and love both the cozy, intimate atmosphere and the food. Reasonably priced entrees have never been disappointing and the service has been above average. It started as a coffee house in an odd location across from the Towson Library - I never expected it to take off, but it well deserves to thrive. There aren't many great places in Towson or suburban Baltimore, but this one is a cut above.