“Great food. Perfect atmosphere.”
Review of Bread and Circuses

Bread and Circuses
Ranked #2 of 178 Restaurants in Towson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Maryland
“Great food. Perfect atmosphere.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stopped in here for lunch this week. The soup was fabulous. My Chesapeake Club was super yummy (aside: I can't stand when you get a great sandwich and a single piece of plain lettuce on it. I love my veggies. My club sandwich came with tons of baby greens of mixed variety. Loved it!!). Our server was very attentive.

The atmosphere is quaint and beautiful. A truly beautiful restaurant. We came for lunch, but it would be great for a romantic dinner.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank AHenry36

Baltimore, Maryland
“Very high quality and nice variety”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was our first visit to Bread and Circuses, and we expect to return. The menu offers a wide variety of choices and price points. A great place to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sandy H
Baltimore, Maryland
“First visit and will continue to frequent.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Although I do not live close by I will go out of my way to revisit this charming space with excellent food. We went to celebrate a friends birthday and our meal was delicious,Had the Scallop salad and the soup of the day. Was not disappointed with the dessert. Excellent service. Will return
thanks

• Visited February 2013
“Wonderful Lunch”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I'm still calling it The French Press Cafe, but it's now Bread and Circuses. The soup was fabulous: a creamy seafood bisque. Rich and filling, even at "cup" size. My friend and I both had appetizers as our luncheon entres: I had the Baltimore Chop Plate-grilled marinated strip steak topped with capers, aoli root sauce, toast points; she had the Tuscan Brushcetta with Goat Cheese. Both excellent. Will go back, and am recommending it to all my friends. On-street parking was no problem mid-day on a Tuesday. You can use coins or credit cards for the meters. Right across from the Towson Library. Yes, the Barton screen prints are wonderful. Art and artists rotate.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank pnrichkus
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Our new favorite restaurant in Towson”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I understand that this was once called the French Press Cafe. I've lived about a mile from this charming restaurant but have never tried it, until now. I've eaten dinner there twice and lunch once in the last month. The food is just fabulous. I don't know if the owners (a husband and wife) do any of the cooking, but whomever is manning the kitchen, knows what they're doing. Every meal was superb! I've had Mahi Mahi in many different restaurants, but this rendition was the best, by far. They make a Georgia crab/corn soup which is heavenly, loaded with crabmeat. The servers there are efficient, warm and very personable. The menu prices are reasonable and there is a wide selection on their wine list. The restaurant itself is an old house in Towson; very charming, with tables dressed in white linen cloths. We'll go back again and again. We just love it!

• Visited December 2012