“Stoney River Delights” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 177 Restaurants in Towson
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fairmont Ave.
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Burlington, Vermont
“Stoney River Delights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Another outdoor patio, another state, another perfect cappuccino--a light and delightful finish for a lovely meal at Stoney River in Towson. I watched the slow sunset on the quiet patio, lingered and enjoyed first-rate Maryland crab cakes nicely accompanied by a sweet mustard sauce and blanched spinach (at my request). The steaks looked first rate, and the servers were pros, ready to customize the menu to make it memorable. A definite return visit for a convivial or romantic evening out with many interesting menu choices to try.

• Visited August 2013

“Great dinners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

In my experience, Stoney River is a place you can take guests for a nice evening dinner or special occassion with confidence. We have visited several times, and the steaks were outstanding on each occassion. The rolls are unusually good and a favorite with our kids. The lunch menu, however, is much smaller and less impressive. Stoney River is not inexpensive, and reservations are highly recommended in the evening, as we have occassionally had a lengthy wait for a table. The staff who have served us have been well trained, efficient, and welcoming without being unprofessionally "gushy" or intrusive. The restaurant is located on the York Road side of the Towson Towncenter mall just north of the Towson Circle, easily accessible from the I-695 Beltway.

• Visited May 2013
Lutherville, MD
“Best Hamburger Ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great wine, rusty nail drinks and without a doubt, the best hamburger I've ever had in my life! I hardly eat red meat, maybe once a month. So when I do, I like it to be a great piece of meat. Usually I order a fillet mignon, but I was in the mood for a hamburger, ordered without the bun. It was juicy, med. rare and cooked to perfection, with just enough caramelized onions and gruyere cheese. I highly recommend this burger!

• Visited July 2013
Massachusetts
“You can do better for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I went recently with two other companions who had heard the restaurant was good. I had never heard of it but was willing to try it out.
I decided to go with the tenderloin salad which was flavorful and had a very tasty buttermilk dressing. The problem was with the cooking. I wanted medium, others in my party wanted medium well, and medium rare for their items. Nothing came out cooked properly. We were all tired and just went with it but the kitchen staff needs to get their act together.

• Visited June 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“Legendarily BAD!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

All I can say is WOW!!! This had to be the WORST (so called) steak house I have EVER been to. Not only did they bring me a bone in rib-eye without a bone when I asked about it they returned it to the kitchen and brought me out a RAW steak. at that point everyone else had either given up on trying to like there steak or just couldn't eat it. A 14 Zagat rating is too generous! It is more like a 4... wedge salad was advertised with Bacon....no bacon came with it, had to ask for that too!

I give up!