“Interesting and Beautiful”

Hampton National Historic Site
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Towson
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hampton Historic Site offers a glimpse into Colonial and early American lifestyles.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I grew up in Maryland and graduated from Towson State over 20 years ago, never knowing this was here! Lots of history, beautiful home and very interesting. I was with a 14 year old who was ready to go after 1 1/2 hours but I definitely could have stayed longer. Q ill definitely get back to see what they do at Christmas!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

My rating is based on comparisons of other historical homes which I love to visit. It's average, however, worth visiting if you enjoy historical homes. There used to be a very nice Christmas Tour, perhaps, still does.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Spent a wonderful morning touring the house and grounds. Absolutely gorgeous. Very informative and interesting tour available, which we enjoyed.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I live around the corner and can't wait to go back. I love history like this - our tour guide was the best.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The quality of the restoration and maintenance of this house and its grounds is amazing. Check out the excellent website before visiting to get a feel for the whole before your visit. It has much to offer to cultural historians, architecture buffs, American history enthusiasts, antique collectors, and gardeners. The docents were marvelous. They were warm and generous with their time answering all of our questions and rigorous in both scholarship and detail. The room furnishings are changed as the seasons progress thru the year which keeps the exhibits fresh for the docents and the visitors.