“FANTASTIC PROPERTY! Do Treat Yourself!!!”

Mimpi Resort Menjangan
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Banyuwedang
Reviewed August 12, 2014

A luxury retreat in North West Bali! What a simply fabulous resort!!! The staff - wonderful!!!! I accidentally had booked at the other Mimpi (and pre-paid on Expedia ), which is on the other side of the island. No worries, the front desk host, called and switched my reservation with no "headaches": brilliant... I had a simply, F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C .....:-)..... S-I-M-P-L-Y FANTASTIC,
little "villa". A gate and walled garden kept private - a simply luxurious bedroom with walls of glass doors that opened out to the garden ( I left these open all night) . The bathroom was very generous in size and opened to a separate outdoor shower. In the garden there was a NATURAL HOT SPRING FED Jacuzzi with a Balinese covered sitting area next to it. The sitting area overlooked a water garden. The resort property itself - huge, and surrounded by water on 2 sides... beautiful expansive gardens, 2 pools, huge hot spring fed hot tub on the water, spa, reading room, store, restaurant, on the water etc..etc....The food on property was delicious and the views from the outdoor tables right over the water. I didn't wander off property while I was here for my short stay.....My only negative is that the spa is outrageously priced compared to all others I had in many other parts of Bali and the massage I had there was just ok....really, I almost asked for my money back.... That aside, please do give yourself the pleasure of a stay at this exceptional resort with open air bedrooms and your own private garden with outdoor shower and hot spring fed spa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: get one with the private natural hot spring fed hot tub
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank TinaTravelstheWorld

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This resort is truly beautiful- 3 pools, two thermal pools, huge grounds, very comfortable rooms with gorgeous bathrooms, views over volcanoes, right on the sea and delicious food. The diving trip was stunning and well organised. Don't miss this wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank helen a
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This place is perfect if you are looking for a quiet place with nice rooms and grounds. The hot pools are lovely for a dip. The restaurant has a lovely view and food. Menjangen provides clear water and lots to look at for snorkelling/diving. The staff were lovely. Not all staff spoke English well. This only added to the feel of being in anthers country.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had a wonderful 2 day stay at Mimpi Menjangan. it's a lovely setting, on big grounds on the edge of the National Park, on a sleepy lagoon. We were upgraded to a courtyard room with a private pool. there were pools everywhere. We had a stone pool about 3m in our villa, as well as a small hot springs pool, both were really nice. The shared pools are beautiful, 2 large pools, one with a smaller kids pool, and a few shard hot spring pools. The staff were generally friendly though reception was a bit gloomy.
The restaurant is set by the lagoon, great view.
I went out snorkelling with their dive centre, $50 for the morning (9-2) on Menjangan Island. Wonderful coral reef ( the wall) incredible tropical fish.
Only negatives - pretty expensive, the food wasn't good, it's hard to leave the resort (we paid the $30 they asked for a driver to take us to and from Pemuteran for dinner the 2nd night after being disappointed the first), the WiFi didn't work for us (did for other people there), and there was noise at times from the temple and school children on the resort.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Daryl653
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We wanted to dive Menjangen Island on the north coast of Bali and this hotel was recommended as a good place to stay, I am pleased we followed up on the recommendation.

Whilst the resort could do with a little TLC, there are lots of good points, including the hot pool naturally heated thermal spring.

The Spa was beautiful and the massage itself was excellent.

The restaurant was my favourite part of this hotel, the view from the restaurant is possibly one of the best vies I have seen in Asia, looking on to the sea surrounded my a Mangrove swamp with the Volcanoes of Java in the background.

The evening meals were well prepared and presented. The staff needed a little more training but they smiled and always tried their best and got there in the end.

A nice resort but with some thought and attention could be truly amazing.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kenyukai7
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Resort is in a good location for snorkelling & diving but it is a far way from the other resorts, restaurants & warungs. It is fairly rundown & could do with a facelift. The pools & hot baths are lovely but a fair walk from the rooms. We got stuck in a room in the back corner near the staff area. It was very noisy & in the morning we were woken early by a rooster & it kept going on & on & on. The staff are friendly but the service was ordinary. When we checked in we weren't given any details about breakfast, where the restaurant & pools are located or check out times until I asked. The guy at the desk started taking us to our room then half way said your room is up there! We went to the pool & there were no towels. My husband told a staff member walking by & he said he would call someone down. We waited at least half an hour & still no towels & no staff in sight. We finally got towels about 45 mins later! The breakfast is order off the menu & you can choose from continental, American or Indonesian & it was pretty good. We ate at the restaurant for dinner & it was the best meal I had in the area.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank difiore78
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We chose this place because we like peace and quiet and since this place is all the way up North, 4 hours from the busy South of Bali it was definitely quiet! If you're not into that and if you need shops and restaurants around the hotel to go to this place is not for you.
The resort is lovely with tons of green around, we stayed in a standard room which was perfectly clean and nicely decorated with an outdoor bathroom. Some rooms have their own pool / hot spring pool but it comes at a price of course. In any case there are 2 swimming pools and several hot spring pools around the property which was enough for us with a great view on the mangroves offering stunning sunsets. There is a dive shop, a restaurant and there was also a spa. It was a very relaxing place.
We did 4 dives and they were nice, I don't think we would have needed to do more as it all seems to be similar after a while but the corals are nice and healthy and I think it's a good place for snorkeling too. We could see the Balinese come by boat with their offerings to Menjangan island where the temple is. Very nice and quiet experience.
Reasons for it not being 5 stars is the lack of management, while we were there nobody was around to greet us like there normally would be in a small resort like that and this removes the family vibe. Also the food was not always satisfactory. We really liked their breakfast and lunch and snack options but when it came to the dinner menu... it was rather unexciting. I believe they can improve in that area. Finally keep in mind that there is no beach, so if you're after that you'll be disappointed.
Overall a nice experience but not a place you need to stay more than 3-4 nights.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Travels200
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banyuwedang
Menjangan Dynasty Resort, Beach Camp & Dive Centre
#1 of 4 in West Bali National Park
Naya Gawana Resort & Spa
Naya Gawana Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Banyuwedang

Been to Mimpi Resort Menjangan? Share your experiences!