“Menjangan island, the last treasure of Bali”

Mimpi Resort Menjangan
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Banyuwedang
indonesia
“Menjangan island, the last treasure of Bali”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

bali is my second home, i love Bali so much that made me bought a villa there for my vacation home. despite that i go to Bali so many times and been around most of Bali area many times, but 2 weeks ago was my first time to menjangan island area,. i went with my family, 3 kids all below 11 years old. my impresion with the area reminds me of kuta beach 25 years ago. maybe because the area is remote , the development of the tourist is not that big. even though so many tourist is present during my visit, but the numbers of big restaurant and hotel is limited. most of the restaurant in the area is privately own with very small sitting (20 people max).

so when we enter mimpi resort, i was supprised. the resort was very nice. its peacefull and the bungalow is very clean and nice. i love the hot spring tub inside the bungalow and the gazebo next to the hot spring tub for us to relax. very relaxing! the restaurant view is supper. especially in the morning and sunset. the restaurant is right next to local boat station but thats actually the nice thing about the restaurant, in the morning we can see the activity of the local boatman going out to the sea. the rest of the view is mangrove forest that is so peacefull with some monkeys playing from time to time.

the food is ok, not to good, but also not that bad. but the breakfast variety can be improved. the spa service need to be improved, we think too many unneccesary ritual that was given by the terapist, but we do love the spa rooms decoration and view to mangrove. service is ok, some food order in the pool takes time, but i guess that is due to the location of the main pool thatnis far from the restaurant.

over all we love the resort and the area surounding the resort and we are planning to go back.

Room Tip: the bungalow is very nice...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank humblefisherman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Netherlands
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed again in this great hotel and enjoyed the peaceful location. We love this place not only for the great service, the natural hot pools and stunning views from the restaurant and swimming pools. We also made several amazing snorkeling trips to Menjangan Island.

2 Thank F&WSintPancras
Belitung Island
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I like the place, because the air is still clean, no pollution, en above all i fully enjoyed the waterspring pool, en their beautiful garden. It's a bit far, 3 to 4 hours drive from Denpasar but it's really worth it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My overall comment, it is a very good hotel and a perfect sanctuary for those who like a peaceful vacation, away from busy Bali. Seven of us, my parents, my brother, 3 nephews and niece (age 6-14) had a good time during our stay last June.

A long trip from the bali airport (it took 4.5 hours car ride) but was paid off by the time we arrived at the hotel. We were welcomed by a green and serene environment. The hotel is located next to the West Bali National Park, it was awesome location. A lovely surprise when we found out that we have a natural hot spring water right in front of our rooms! Never missed a day without having a dip  in the hot pool, refreshing!

The hotel is very enjoyable eventhough they dont provide TV in the room, but there are so much you can do outside, I love walking through their lovely gardens, some part of it are side by side with the mangrove forest next to the national park, I guess. The hotels have two amazing pools, and 2 natural hotspring water available for the guests. They also have yoga class, library and  the spa service. Our main interest was to enjoy underwater world in Menjangan island area. So we hire the dive centre service for 2 days in a row during our stay, they have their private port so we can easily take off to the island by the boat and back to the hotel conveniently. The diving experience was amazing, my brother even had a night dive, he aimed to take picture of Mandarin fishes during night, and he succeeded took some great shots.
And yes, the sunset is Ahmaaazingg...you shouldn't miss it!

Just one flop, and a NOTE for hotel management: on the first night we had dinner at the hotel restaurant. When I was ordering, the lady waiter suddenly abandoning me while some caucasian guests passing by our table. She was totally abandoning me and instead she initiated a chit chat with them for quite long time (more than 5 minutes). It was unpolite and I was unhappy with the treatment. I felt discriminated, because that happens alot in Bali while a local guests was less appreciated than non-local ones. But I didn't want to ruin the family dinner as well as my holiday mood, so I didn't take it too seriously. The next day, the service was much better, maybe because we were served by other restaurant staff who were more polite and friendly.

That was a minor unpleasant experience but luckily covered by many more pleasant experience during our stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank yasmine1410
Maryborough, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Have been to Bali many times but never ventured north to the national park area.
Decided to make the trip and stay at Mimpi for three nights.
We stayed in the standard room which was adequate but believe all rooms to be over priced compared to the rooms in kuta/legion, the location in national park may be the reason.
The rooms are some distance from resteraunt and main pool so be prepared to walk through the grounds, but thats ok as on some occasions you can see wild monkeys and large lizards.
The resteraunt is set overlooking the mangroves, you can watch the fishing boats come in and out and on occasion you can watch the monkeys come out of the mangroves and hunt for crabs on opposite shore. The food is good but there is not many other places to eat if you get sick of menu, another resort is within walking distance also a local eatery is located very close where the fishing boats dock, food is cheap and good as they cater for the dive boats.
All staff were very friendly
The thermal pools were great, very relaxing but very hot.
The diving and snorkeling at Menjangan island was great, 1/2 hour ride in a local fishing boat takes you to best dive spot in Bali, very safe and pristine, Mimpi dive crew were fantastic.
The resort over all is just starting to show its age with the exeption of the spa, this looks new and is very luxuriant.
There are no locals bothering you buy stuff so you will need to get the souvenirs from elsware.
Will we be going back, no, I found this resort too quiet with not enough to do,(not into sitting around reading books) I enjoy the hustle and bustle and interacting with the local Balinise, this is my preferance and has no reflection on the quality of the resort

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
1 Thank Daryl S
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

sure this resort is 3.5 hours from Denpasar airport but it is worth every minute of the travel. the gardens are exceptional, the staff very caring and the location second to none. the rooms are more than adequate and very clean. the food was delightful and to be able to sit and watch the sun set over the nearby volcano's in Java was simply magic. there is wonderful snorkelling and diving, excellent fishing and the opportunity to see monkeys, deer and wonderful bird life in there natural environment. to top it all off the Balinese massage was divine. a remote, quiet and outstanding place for a memorable holiday.

1 Thank Samantha F
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just returned from a trip to Bali, and am so happy that we decided to stay at the Mimpi-Menjangan Resort (way out on the far-Western end of Bali) as well as the Mimpi-Tulamben Resort  (way out on the NorthEast end of Bali). Check out their Dive Packages if you're interested in gorgeous/critter-packed/safe dives, scrumptious/varied/healthy food, ultra-friendly service, lovely accomodations, a fantastic Spa experience, and a Driver from place to place to place!  We chose Mimpi's 9-day/8-night/12-dive DreamDiveRoundTrip#3 that you can read about here:  http://www.mimpi.com/mimpi-packages-ddrt3.asp. It was my second trip to the Mimpi Resorts, the first being in 2001, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! (We decided to upgrade to the much-nicer/still-affordable Deluxe Cottage at the Mimpi-Tulamben (...and as we were return-visitors to the Mimpis, the management kindly upgraded us to a (fantastic!) walled Courtyard Villa with a private outside natural hot-spring tub at the Mimpi-Menjangan -- wow!))

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aqualoha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banyuwedang
Menjangan Dynasty Resort
Naya Gawana Resort & Spa
Naya Gawana Resort & Spa
#3 of 3 in Banyuwedang
Taman Sari Bali Resort & Spa

Been to Mimpi Resort Menjangan? Share your experiences!