+ Their "Cafe Garam" had good food
+ pool was fine
= the room was fine - pleasantly decorated
= there was a dive center next door but we didn't use it as we had planned to go with EuroDive in Amed
- Little bit too quiet location; nothing much within walking distance
- beach not pretty and not good for swimming or snorkelling (unlike all the other beaches in Amed area which have spectacular snorkelling)
- 10 mins walk to nearest warung (restaurant)
- the grounds are a bit bare - new bungalows being built
- no fridge in room
- the water was not very hot (it was warned that they use an eco-friendly heating system which can result in not so warm water)
- there was no internet, at least no PCs available and none nearby; we didn't have a laptop so didn't ask about wireless but I didn't see it advertised or anyone using a laptop
- no in room-safe or at reception; on request they stored our passports in their office safe
Overall impression is that this is too out of the way, and without own transport there is really nothing to do. While there was nothing technically wrong with our stay there, we cut it short to move to the Coral View Villas a few km away in Lipah (the main center of Amed) - while Lipah is still very quiet it has some restaurants and is where our dive center was located. We were happier at the Coral View Villas (I can't find it on TripAdvisor).
I also want to add that there are really poor but very friendly beach-children, who were enthusiastic to speak their little English with us and try to sell us their very pretty hand-decorated salt-baskets which (they said, and we believe) benefit their school.
We didn't have any negative experience with staff as reported in other reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cafe Garam: Experience fine western and Asian cuisine in our Cafe Garam and enjoy traditional Balinese "Genjek" performance every Wednesday and Saturday. You may wish to buy some souvenirs from our little shop where we offer handicrafts from Bali, Lombok & Java or play billiards on our two pool-billiard tables. We have implemented and maintain an environmental management system to reduce the consumption of natural resources and to prevent pollution by waste separation, composting, energy and water - saving installations and programs. We grow fruit and vegetables in our BIO garden. We try to communicate our environmental goals to the local community and our guest in order to be in harmony with this beautiful environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Uyah Amed Amed
- Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort Bali