When I booked this hotel, I wanted a room overviewing the sea, in a quiet location of the hotel. They told me that all the rooms overviewed the street, so that I had to book a whole villa (a lot more expensive) to have a sea view. I did. But on the whole, il was all so disappointing!!!! Yes, the villa (juste opposite the swimming-pool) was big and globally nice, but...
1. The swimming-pool was quite a nice view, but it also brought a lot of noise, since people were swimming there in the evening, and shouting...I was going to Bali to have some peace and quiet, it was a total failure. Plus, the beach opposite the hotel is not really worth of interest (it is a beach of pebbles, and the view is not exceptional).
2. The swimming-pool was not clean: when you get out of it, your skin feels oily and greasy, and there are lots of bugs (quite big cockroaches) and ants...yurk. The sheets have dirty and strange stains on them...
3. The wifi was supposed to be free. In fact, it didn't work at all, and I was offered the lame explanation that it was because of the hotel being located in a valley (?!?!). Globally, the staff was NOT very agreable. Especially at dinner. Which was not good at all. There were dances there, but not very authentic: just for the tourists...and the food was not especially good...
4. The air conditioning did not work properly, and there was ice in the welcome cocktails (I had bowel problems following that). No TV.
The only good point I found in this hotel was its "sunset cruise": you get on a fishing boat with a fisherman (usually he speaks only Balinese), and you watch the sun go down. Astonishing (but expensive). And the bathroom (exterior) is practical.
So, if you have a choice, go somewhere else...this place is really too expensive for what it offers!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Santai Hotel Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santai Hotel Bali Amed