“A must!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gusto Resto

Gusto Resto
Ranked #4 of 88 Restaurants in Amed
Cuisines: Italian, European, Asian, Indonesian, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: A small restaurant with special meals and drinks in a friendly atmosphere. The location is in a sweet fishing-diving village on the eastern point of Bali. The delicious food, the amazing panorama and the homemade specialties are what we guarantee. The only place in the are where you find home made pasta and several other Italian dish. Free pick up service available.
“A must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Although a little hard to find, and the sign just says gusto, it's a defiant must!!! Amazing food we had entree main and desert and wanted to stay for more. Yummy drinks! And amazing service! Super friendly and helpful and although a little more expensive than other places in Amed definitely value for what you get, amazing quality products and service! Dont leave Amed before you go to gusto!

• Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Denpasar
“Differently nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Gusto one night. We were welomed by some really friendly staff. The atmosphere was nice and cozy (other than the noisy bikers passing on the road).
We had complimentary bread which was nice, warm with different spread (but we liked it).
My husband ordered King Prawn (sorry I forgot the title) and I had Soto Ayam. My husband was happy with his prawns. My Soto Ayam tasted a bit different from ordinary Soto Ayam but I did like it.
We tried to eat there again on our recent visit to Amed but sadly it was closed (or probably not opened yet? It was around 5pm :-)
We will come back :-)

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“No hesitation, hard to find better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had a meal here 3 times in a row during the quite season, being the only visitors and so regret we are leaving this place now. We tried half of the menu and everything was absolutely perfect! Fantastic food! Our best meal in Bali! Highly recommended. The stuff is extremely friendly which is not usual here in Amed as we have noticed. Also they work out every issue according to the food and offer great service for reasonable price (a bit higher then the others but believe me it's worth). Open hours are 15:00 - 22:00.
Thanks a lot! Hope to come back soon!

Visited February 2014
NSW
“dont know what the hype is all about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Gustos, after reading fantastic reviews.
I have to say the only good thing about it was the complimentary bread, and the view, although the staff were attentive, the food was shocking.
I dont often write bad reviews unless totaly warrented.
i orgered chicken kiev with mashed potato, the chicken was realy dry, without any type of sauce, and the mash was unedible, the potato was asthough it was uncooked, and been pulped through a ricer, with mint through it, crunchy hard potato mash?
My husband had a pork that was supposed to be served with a pepper sauce and bacon, we still havent seen any bacon, and we think the sauce was under the meat somware? the meat was dry and unedible, and the rosted type of potatoes seemed like they had been reheated in the microwave. all in all we didnt eat our dinner , and the price wasnt on the cheap side.the staff asked why we didnt eat it, my husband was polite and told them we were full.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Gusto R, Owner at Gusto Resto, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear chadsue,

Thanks for your effort to make us aware of our failure and your honest evaluation. After reading your comment first of all I would like to express appreciation for you to have mentioned how attentive our staff were, because I see them the same way and am very proud of their hard work. Most probably without their contribution we wouldn't have earned an average comment from you, as our food, that we served you, was shocking. Of course we all feel sorry that we couldn't meet your expectations but yet we are learning again.
Surprisingly to us you truly disliked two of our bestseller items, which we think we can do pretty well and the very same day these were ordered by other two tables as well and those customers were extremely happy with what they got but in your case simply everything went wrong except for the complimentary toast. Let me just respond with some facts on your presumptions to: you ordered Poulet a'la Kiev, which according to our description is a breaded and fried cutlet dish of boneless chicken breast pounded and rolled around garlic butter with herbs. This meal is served with some extra melted cheese on top but you are right it does not come with any kind of sauce unless you request it. I guess you were told by our waiter if you wish to have any extras just to let him know?
Your husband's choice was the Roast a'la Brasov, which is pork fillet strips with bacon in garlic and black pepper sauce. The bacon strips are cut thin and cooked together with the meat, if you haven't seen them, you still should have felt the taste of them. The sauce, that comes out from the ingredients while cooking is the sauce we serve with it. You are right again, it is normally underneath the meat as it is liquid and not a thick sauce at all, more watery.
At one point I must oppose you, where you are saying the parsley potatoes were reheated in the microwave. First they are cooked and roasted shortly afterwards and since our kitchen is wide open, anyone can see what is happening inside, as I am sure you were also concerned about it. The mashed potatoes are made with a potato ricer, that is also correct, we don't make it as soft as a puree not to have it glutinous but in your case it sounds like they were really uncooked. The mint in it was parsley again.
The exact price we charge for these dishes is less than 8 Euros in total, incl. sales tax but of course for an inedible meal any penny is pricy. That's why I am truly sad that your husband instead of warning us about these major mistakes chose to be polite. Our waiter took your plates back to the kitchen to show the leftovers to the chef but after tasting them he did not realize all the things you mentioned. The team members are ordered to do so anytime they think there was a problem but in your case it was easy to believe them you were full, because you didn't leave that big amount. Otherwise they don't charge you for a meal you don't eat.
You left with a bad taste in your mouth and most probably disappointed. As for every single person, who works in service business an unsatisfied customer is the worst thing can happen, we all would have been more than happy if you would have given us the chance to make it up for you or at least to try.
Our team are all aware of your opinion and in the future will put extra care into the preparation of the above mentioned.

Kind regards:

The Team of Gusto
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best in Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We spontaneously stopped there and were initially hesitant because we were the only guests. But we were welcomed warmly by the owners and I tasted the best Opor Ayam I ever had in Indonesia. Prices are about the same as other restaurants in the area but the quality is much better than anwhere else! Although we went there on our second day as well, we did not try the European dishes but our European Amuse Gueule was delicious.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Gusto Resto? Share your experiences!