“Pleasant stay at the ocean”
Review of Chez Kin

Chez Kin
Chez Kin
Ranked #25 of 74 Amed B&B and Inns
Germany
“Pleasant stay at the ocean”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in “Chez Kin” with direct ocean access. I lived in the middle of the 3 bungalows which are surrounded by a nice garden with a lot of these beautiful hibiscus flowers. All bungalows have a lot of space inside, a wardrobe where you can put your clothes inside and a huge comfortable bed. I enjoyed to sit on my own terrace with privacy, watched the little birds and heard the sound of the ocean while I got a fresh breeze. At the day, I liked to go swimming with an amazing view on the volcano Agung, walked along the beach and held a chat with the friendly locals. In the night it was wonderful to sit on the steps and watch the stars in the sky. The owner Nyoman and the staff were always super friendly and helpful. I got for this reasonable price more than I expected. Also I felt very safe, well supplied and can highly recommend this accommodation. Thanks Nyoman& staff for my pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Wow what a gem. I stayed in the front bungalow that has its own terrace facing the beach, which sometimes housed resting fishing boats at at other times provided much excitement as a productive fishing boats returned. If I tired of that view I only had to glance to my right across the lush garden to view Mt Agung and its neighbouring hills. The extremely modest tariff also Included a delicious breakfast served by lovely staff and to your room!! I could not fault this lovely place.

Room Tip: The room with its own terrace is my favourite. Will add photos later.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I will definately come back! It's such a nice place. It's located directly at the beach. You can even see the beach and the ocean from the room. The staff is very very friendly and the do everything with so much care: the garden, the room... They grilled a fresh tuna for us on the beach - yammie!
Amed is a nice village with lots of fisherman, quiet, beautiful black sand beach, lovely locals. I just loved it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We loved our stay at Chez Kin. Our (very affordable) bungalow, nestled in tropical plants, looked directly over the black sand/pebble beach. Chez Kin's host, Miskin, was one of the smiliest people we've met. Make sure you ask him to recommend the local takeaway food options (there's a REALLY great place around the corner). There's plenty of local coolur around here too. It's a sleepy, less-touristy part of Bali. Fishing boats lined up along the beach aren't there for decoration (although they look beautiful) and we were lucky enough to witness a family cremation ceremony one day, further up along the beach. Of all the places we stayed in Bali this seemed to be like the most 'authentic.' Make sure you buy a hand-woven salt container from the local kids - they're very sweet (but drive a hard bargain). It's a very picturesqu place. The island's highest volcano Agung looms in the hinterground and you can organise snorkelling and diving trips to your heart's content. Oh, and while swimming in the sea is great you can feel free to use the pool next door at Miskin's sister's hotel (it's a family affair). Our family of four (including eight year-old girl and five-year-old boy) had a ball. Thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for the bungalo that looks out over the beach.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I recently went to Amed... I feel really lucky to have stayed at this place. It was right near the water and walking distance to everything.. yet also felt far away and private. With Mount Agung and the beach the setting was beautiful. My room at Chez Kin was really well priced yet had style, with big glass doors overlooking the water, a huge comfortable bed.. the staff feel like family and the food was really good. A perfect holiday. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends