“My mind was blown - awesome dives with awesome people!”

Baliku Dive Resort (Amed Bali Diving)
Ranked #5 of 49 Tours in Amed
More attraction details
Owner description: Baliku dive center is a small dive shop located right in front of the Japanese shipwreck, one the the most beautiful snorkeling and diving spot from the area. We do teach all diving courses from try diving to dive master courses in several languages. Our team is professional and we guarantee small groups and special attention to all our divers.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I came to Amed with little knowledge of any other dive sites but the Liberty wreck in Tulamben, and booked in to do two days of double-dives with the shop. I turned up in the afternoon of our arrival to fit out for gear and decide on where to go the next morning (I chose the Liberty).

I arrived in the morning to meet Nico (the dive shop manager) and his lovely girlfriend (and DM in training), Helen. They, (and the rest of the staff were extremely chilled out, and great fun to be around (whilst still being very safety-conscious). The time spent with them and the staff was all part of the great experience I had! The briefings I received were excellent, and I felt well and truly safe in the capable care of Nico. He covered off local safety elements (and how to deal with them) - trigger fish, bluebottles, currents etc.

I got to do a great variety of dives in the time I was here - the Liberty wreck, the Japanese shipwreck (and reef), plus two Jukung (local fishing boat) dives the next day - one on a great drop-off and one around a point (both at Jemeluk village). Apparently many of the dive shops save money by doing just a couple of sites, but not this crew! I was also lucky enough to dive in groups of only three every dive!

Another great aspect is they genuinely care about the quality of your experience, and the health of the ocean - they have set up a deal with some of the Jukung captains that they will rent their boats on regular basis if they don't fish the reef - brilliant idea and well executed. Nico and Helen also regularly clean the reef with the Japanese shipwreck (out the front of the shop) of rubbish etc (they also do this wherever they dive).

I dived with my own reg setup and mask but found the quality of gear to also be excellent (I also trust that everything is well maintained). In summary, if you want a safe, exciting dive experience with variety (and fun people), I strongly recommend Baliku Dive shop.

Thanks so much for the great times guys, I will remember it forever!

2  Thank hunscottie
"during our stay"
"explained everything"
"thank you very much"

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at Baliku resort for 2 days and dived with them for 1 day. Everything was well organized from booking, to equipment preparation and the dive. I did 3 dives with Nico, great and fun instructor who knows really well the area and managed to show me plenty of interesting things during the dives. I will definitely dive with them again if I go back to Amed!

1  Thank thomas136Vietnam
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Murray Fuller owns and runs the dive shop and WE LOVED HIM AND NICO Vertliet (my awesome dive instructor). The snorkeling is great, but the diving is divine and awe inspiring. My boyfriend is an experienced diver and dived a lot with Murray. I was a complete novice and was nervous, but Nico was so patient and wonderful and funny and thanks to him, I got certified. A moral victory! But since then I have dived and I think often about Murray and Nico and how top of the line in professionalism, expertise and people skills they both possess. They are the best in Amed and you will absolutely love diving with them.

1  Thank IntrepidTraveler5257
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The perfect balance of professionalism, care and relaxed fun - this is how all dive operations should be. Murray is the best guide it has been my pleasure to submerge with in almost 200 dives, with a huge knowledge of the Amed and Tulamben sites, matched with real concern that you have a good time and keep safe. Wisdom and good humour come as the bonus to the package. I even learned how to keep mould off my clothes in the rainy season!

The team in the dive shop are friendly, accommodating and on the ball. When I left my regs at the shop, they simply drove down to Candidasa with them, before I even noticed my carelessness. Great service, and absolutely typical of our experience with Baliku.

We'll be back there soon for sure.

2  Thank Ianfinchtgd
See more reviews
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went to Amed to chill and dive the Liberty.
Had read lots about Murray and was a little disappointed when I heard he was away but his store staff was very professional and was well versed in all the sites and got me organised on the Saturday.
I dived on a Monday as I figured all the Weekenders and those from "down south" will be less. My instructor / 1 on 1 dive buddy was a French National called Jessica who was excellent as an underwater guide, host, conversationalist and dive buddy (she also spoke great Bahasa too)
I knew it was going to be a good dive when she was excited about only us diving 1 on 1 and being one of the firsts to the site before the crowds.
Coming all that way to dive the liberty I sort of knew I wanted to do both my dives there and she was equally & genuinely enthusiastic as it really is a big site to take it all in on a single dive.
Both dives were awesome and apart from the entry/exit points being the same I felt they were two completely different dives thanks to her guidance.
Saw some great sea life including a spotted stingray, a turtle that swam next to us for a while, some big fish with flat heads, big clams, a motley spikey fish that looked like part of the rusty hull and a moray eel and some sand eels.
The staff at Baliku were excellent from the store, the driver and the dive instructor. The efficiency of getting the gear from the van to the beach.....too easy....they make diving easy and fun with no stress.
Loved it and would recommend to anyone staying in Amed
One tip for the Liberty is to do it Early, before the crowds arrive. We timed it right, as we were finishing out first dive the hoards were starting ( we counted 25+ divers in the water and same again on land) and this happened again on the second dive. Do it early, finish early, back in time for lunch.

1  Thank TheBeigeTraveller