“Brilliant location, staff and food”

Apa Kabar Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 95 Restaurants in Amed
Cuisines: Indonesian
Darwin, Australia
“Brilliant location, staff and food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My recent trip to Amed was my fifth in almost 10 years. This however was the first time I stayed in this district and I fell in love with the place. Helpful staff, great food and good prices made it a regular haunt for me.

• Visited July 2013

Moscow
“Very good restaurant in excellent location with stunning view”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very good restaurant with excellent view. Friendly staff. Relaxing atmosphere. Tasty local food at reasonable price. We liked the table with pillows instead of chairs. They serve fried peanuts to beer.

Visited June 2013
losangeles
“Yummy!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place is right on the beach and serves delicious local food. I ordered the same dish that my husband had eaten the day before and was disappointed when it was presented differently. I asked the server why it wasn't served in the same way and she said "We have a different cook today." It did, however, taste delicious. We especially liked the sauces that livened up the plain white rice. Our 9 year old had fun feeding the Koi fish in the pond. This place offers good local food right on the beach.

Visited May 2013
Bali, Indonesia
“Great vibes”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food and service has always been good at Apa Kabar. Even if I do not eat there, I often like to walk down from Katana Villa to enjoy a nice cold bintang and fried peanuts around 5 pm while watching the fishermen come in. Once I saw a whale passing by... awesome. The staff is also very friendly and welcome people to play chess with them....Great vibes.

Visited March 2013
Captain Cook, Hawaii, United States
“Love This Place”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I am somewhat surprised no one has reviewed this restaurant. With the exception of three meals, we ate nearly every meal at this restaurant during our stay in Bali. Because we stayed in the Apa Kabar Villas, our breakfast was included in the price of our room. The breakfast was fabulous and substantial. (Here in Hawaii you're lucky to get some fruit and sweet rolls.) Lunch and dinner always began with a small plate of locally grown, freshly roasted peanuts. For lunch, my hands-down favorite was the Wayan Balinese soup. I tried a number of the other lunch items, but always gravitated back to the soup. For dinners, we tried to have something different every night. Everything was very good and the prices were more than reasonable. They also allowed us to buy a bottle of wine which they kept on hand for us. The most amazing, though, was the special Balinese dinner we were served two nights prior to our departure. It was a HUGE feast.

Of course this restaurant could not have been more convenient for us. The food was very, very good and we love the staff. That said, I cannot overstate the importance of the fact that their kitchen is very clean and they use purified water. We never got a case of Bali belly....not once. There's nothing worse than having to stay put because you are not feeling well. This was never an issue for us.

• Visited June 2012

Been to Apa Kabar Restaurant? Share your experiences!