All reviewsrooftop barprivate poolbedroom villavilla numbergreat happy hourcoffee machinemain poolchannasix daysbody scrubluxury hotellipah bayhour drivespecial thanksevery eveningstunning viewsbreakfast was included
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a 2 night stay whilst touring the east of Bali. Not many options that way barring Amankila. I was hoping to find a gem and at 300 plus a night I was really hoping this place would be good.

Unfortunately the place is filthy and requires a good overhaul. Returning guests clearly love this place and I suspect will defend it but if you look beyond the vaneer it is falling apart.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa and within 10 mins of arrival I was ready to leave. The reason? Mold in the coffee and water machine. Filthy utensils and very dirty floors. Blood on bedding and dust everywhere.

The towels had not been changed from previous guests and no attention to detail.

My daughter has had since leaving an intense bout of gastroenteritis and has had to see a doctor. The only place we can point a finger at is Griya.

A shame because Amed has a nice vibe and is in desperate need of a decent place to stay. A great shame.

The only good thing was that the driver that took us to the south was excellent and Informative.

I would steer clear of this filthy place.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

The view is just, plainly awesome.

And there is that extra bit of service here: they bring you to your room in an electric car, they bring the breakfast to your room, they water the flowers in your own little garden, they clean your pool, they show a movie on the rooftop bar.

And then there's the Spa... I truly had the best Balinese massage I ever had.. and I had many. It was simply world class.

It's slightly outside Amed 'centre' so nice and quiet while still close by. They have a shuttle departing every 2 hours.

The food is all you need to have. Not too fancy but good quality and tasty.

Our fast boat trip to the Gilis was canceled due to waves (watch this, it happens frequently). They were very welcome to bring us to the airport at 3.30am in their well equipped van, with breakfast to take. It was one of the best experiences I had in Bali and one I truly recommend.

Room tip: the higher the room number, the higher the location, the better the view and the more privacy you get

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Sherpa622284
Reviewed July 30, 2018

I loved my stay at the Griya. Started with a misunderstanding regarding the pick up but it was well managed and then I could fully enjoy the villa. I had number 3.
What to say? It was huge, nice pool with the view on the bay, quiet, outdoor living room and kitchen, well furnished.
The bed room is very big and bed is king size, very comfy. the bathroom is really nice, it is outdoor and it has a hug bathtub and a shower. I liked the fact that it communicates so easily with the bedroom and we can enjoy the view on the bay from the bathtub.
Diner and breakfast are super nice.
There are pick up and drop off every hour from 9am to 5pm. And there were movies night on the roof top bar which is quite nice.
All I have to say is that the hotel is super well maintained and I'll highly recommend it and would go back when in Amed.
P.S Only thing that can be improve is (maybe it was just something forgotten on that time) I had a massage and it was weird to me to have no music at all, and no cosy light. It was almost dark and so silent, it felt weird at some point. But the massage itself was very nice :)

Room Tip: I loved my villa number 3 as it has outdoor living room and kitchen
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Vivich
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Long-time travellers, first-time reviewers. Forgive the stream of consciousness post. Kicking ourselves we didn't stay 10 nights instead of 5. Completely different vibe to south Bali. The furthest east we had previously ventured was Klungkung. Don't let the 3 hour drive from the airport deter you - the Griya's car is cool & comfortable, your driver can suggest an excellent restaurant for lunch in Candidasa en route (the Balissa) and your infinity pool awaits.
We were in Villa 11 (second from top i.e Villa 14), ostensibly a 1 bedroom deluxe pool villa but in reality a 2 bedroom and as far as we could tell the same configuration as Jen W's Villa 9. By way of warning, the path to 11 & 14 is quite steep (and during a downpour would be a challenging descent) but the views are definitely worth it and if you're feeling too hot/lazy/serene post-massage you can always request a golf cart from reception. It was essentially our only form of exercise during our stay and a great way to walk off lunch/dinner before falling into the pool. Breakfasts are sensational and we recommend adding hash browns (ie. Rosti with Bali spices) to anything else you order. Nasi Goreng & Balinese coffee also delish.
Channa Spa well worth trying. Loved pedicure, Body scrub, Balinese massage & Facial. Pure bliss and all spa staff are highly trained with the right touch.
For those who detest plastic, this place will sing to you as they offer glass refillable water bottles, spring water dispensers and paper lined bins. They also have their own rubbish recycling program.
Whilst Bunutan (ATMs & Adi shop) and Lipah beach (clean; great swimming, snorkeling; beautiful fish) are only a 10 minute walk one-way, unless you're happy to sweat in buckets, highly recommend hiring a scooter through reception for 60k/day including 2 helmets (thank you Ari!). For easiest beach access suggest parking at Vienna Cottage/Cafe.
Yes, there are roosters and dogs 24/7 but they become white noise after a day and just add to the village atmosphere. A must do is rising at 6:30am (ish) for a chance to see Lombok magically and momentarily appear and then disappear (photos won't do it justice) which we were privilegd to experience on our last morning. Daybeds strategically positioned so one or other permanently in shade regardless of time of day.
Wonderful local (and thus knowledgeable) staff. Hotel policy is to hire locals from Amed area! Special mention to Peduli Alam Recycling shop (next door to the delicious Dinner Lipah Warung - have a look pre-/post-lunch) - non-profit employing 15 locals producing unique handbags, wallets, stubby holders etc. from recycled plastic etc. the sales of which fund the village's rubbish collection. Note cash only.
Biggest dilemma for next trip is whether or not to take our teenage kids! Perhaps not!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aft2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We went for drinks at the rooftop bar followed by dinner. It was happy hour when we arrived and it was 2 for 1 cocktails. The meal and service was great. The hotel also has a pick up and drop off service which was great.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple