“for me the best place in bali”

Dillons Bungalows and Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 74 Amed B&B and Inns
“for me the best place in bali”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

i came for 1 night and stayed almost a week...
great place in the middle of the rice paddies with amazing view on the volcano
the bungalows very comfortable and clean, staff extra nice and helpful, can arrange you whatever you may wish (snorkeling, motorbike, bike, trips ect)
highly recommended

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
Nimes, France
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I just stayed 2 nights at Dillons but we really enjoyed our stay, The owners Deli and his wife Emma were really nice and the staff too. They always tried to do their best to make our trip the best possible. Deli offered to drive us around in Amlapura to see the Water Palace, Tirta Gangga for a really affordable price and we really loved the day with him, his wife and their addorable lill boy. I really recommand the place if you do not know exactly what to do or how to do it, they will find a way. The room was nice and spacious with a comfortable bed and a terrace to chill, smoke or have a drink.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and myself stayed at Dillons for a few nights in September and thoroughly enjoyed it. The bungalows are well designed set in tropical gardens and have great views of Moung Agung and rice fields. The staff are friendly and the owners Emma and Dilly are great hosts - Dilly's fish barbecues are great! We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a lovely stay at Dillons Bungalows.

The rooms are spotless, amazingly comfortable bed, lovely balcony to chill out on and the breakfast had a lovely variety. The view from the room over to the rice fields and across to Mt Agung was also beautiful.

Our only problem was the very noisy road... such a shame.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at Dillon’s for 4 nights in September and I recommend it highly!! The surroundings are amazing with some lovely sunsets behind the volcano and overlooking the rice paddies. The rooms are spacious with en-suite and fans – and we got to look around the new Jogolo which looks fabulous! The staff are so friendly and always on hand, and the owners Emma and Dilly are great. They showed us where to go, where to eat and organised trips for us!
All-in-all a fantastic place in Amed, I’ll definitely be returning here :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Reevesy_85
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I spent and evening at Dillons Bungalows and Restaruant last week on my way back to my accomodation from Candidasa.

What a lovely meal and great company of Dilly, Emma and Dillon. I checked out the accommodation and it was very inviting and comfortable and I highly recommend a visit. I am looking forward to spending time there again next time I am in Amed.

Room Tip: All 3 rooms are equally good and the new Jogolo currently under construction looks as though it will...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Emma C, Owner at Dillons Bungalows and Restaurant, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
There was no Deception at all Paloma, the map clearly shows exactly where we are located, we are located next to the same road as the majority of other guesthouses and hotels are. All the photos are real and show where we are! Other customers have no problem resting and sleeping in these rooms and we have had more than 2 occasions where customers booked for a few days and stayed for longer than a month! Is there a problem having staff who clean and them after serve food? you ate there yet you don't mention if the food was good or bad? I an only assume it was good and you just don't want to say anything positive! I believe you ate chicken kecap which along with our BBQ is one of our more popular dishes. Our staff are experienced in working at other restaurants and prepare excellent food as mentioned on a lot of our reviews on this and other websites and at very reasonable prices. I am sorry the hot water didn't work well in the room but had you of told this to use we would of had it fixed!! although I have just checked the water and it is working perfectly plus no other guests have EVER had a problem with this!
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Separate rooms with private bathroom, closet and tablefan. It's clean and decent sized.

The owner will help you get a good deal on trips, scooter and tours. Plus can cook a good meal of self caught fish you bring back from te beach.

The place is pretty new and missed the real Bali vibe when we where there but that might be improved at the moment.

Downsides to this place are definitely the very busy and noisy road which it lies on, the min. 50 Mosquitos (net is provided though) in the room (cause of the water nearbye we suspect and the old wooden closet where they seemed to live) and the fact that not all nightstaff speaks English, but if needed te owners live nearby and are always willing to
Help, as they are very kind.

Good enough value for price

• Stayed April 2013
Emma C, Owner at Dillons Bungalows and Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hi

Thank you for taking time to write a review.
I would like to answer to a few of your comments, firstly we have taken measures to prevent so many mosquitoes i. He room and try block out as much traffic noise as possible. I wasntaware mosquitoes were such a problem in our new, made to order wardrobes but had this been mentioned while you were with us i would of sprayed them with a solution to prevent this as i have done now.
Also regarding staff not speaking such good English we have already employed more staff with better English to help our guests. The original idea was for myself andmy husband to be there as much as possible to help guests but unfortunately due to illness this hasn't been the case, hence why 1 week ago we employed new staff.

Thank you for your review.