“Just another 5 stars”

Ranked #1 of 7 Spas & Wellness in Amed
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I mean, it's good. They're really good.
A little expensive it is, but it's pricey everywhere, so just do it you'll love it !

There are newer reviews for Apneista Freediving & Yoga

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

These guys are amazing - I spent two weeks in Amed at the beginning of the year, and did the basic freediving course. Such a great experience, the staff are fantastic and very patient and calm, ensuring everyone is comfortable and safe. If the water isn't your thing, go for the cake! Hope to visit again soon, thanks Matt and Kwab!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Its really quite challenging to portray how very special this place is, and the people here are. The Freediving course with Apneista is an incredible experience. Matthew and Kwab have unlimited patience and you could see them always going out of their way to support each and every person on the course. Their passion for Freediving is so inspiring.

The space at Apneista is ideal..right on the beachfront..literally..with a cafe serving great tasting, refreshing food, different to the usual you find in Jemaluk. You can walk right out into the water and immediately find the most stunning colors and forms of coral and marine life that there is along the bay.

I loved the yoga taught here. Being on a teacher training course at home, I learned so much in each class. I'm in awe of how each class is made to feel so individual. There was a great balance of gentleness, strength and support in Matthews teaching.

This place really is amazing, I highly recommend a visit

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I spent two days here on a beginners' free diving and yoga course and I'd highly recommend it. The course was very professionally run, but the approach was relaxed, allowing us to take things at the pace we wanted.

The location is unbeatable - right on the beach. For the diving sessions, you literally walk down the beach to the water and swim out into the bay, and the space for the classroom and yoga sessions opens onto the beach. There's a cafe attached where you can great food - the papaya salad and the burritos are both excellent.

3  Thank mos20
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My hubby & I hung out at Apneista for a couple of days, & loved it. We've been to Bali over & over, but had never been to Amed before, & it was such a treat to discover a new gem. These guys are really on to something setting up in Jemeruk Bay. It's a beautiful bay with amazing clear waters & great snorkelling right off the beach... And Amed has yet to be stampeded by tourists so its got a lot of local Balinese charm about the place. One day I'm sure it will all change & Amed will be a more major tourist destination with bigger hotels & spa's, but at the moment (& probably for a little while yet) it's the perfect lightly touched travellers retreat. I wasn't able to do the freediving, or the yoga in the end, as I found out I was pregnant only a few weeks before our trip & had dreadful morning sickness! So I had to content myself with hanging out in Apneista's beautiful sala, looking out to the ocean, & enjoy their yummy organic cafe.. LOVED the green papaya salad.. such lovely fresh health food, which you can crave after a few too many local nasi gorengs! Also enjoyed watching my husband wobble around the bay on a paddle board for the first time! Quite funny... Will be back again, & hope to embrace the yoga/freediving combo... Great place, run by really good people.

2  Thank kizzywatts