“BEST FREEDIVING AND YOGA I´VE EVER DONE”

Apneista Freediving & Yoga
Ranked #1 of 4 Spas & Wellness in Amed
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Amed, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST FREEDIVING AND YOGA I´VE EVER DONE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was so lucky to find this place. The free diving course is the best thing I've ever decided to do. The teachers, Matthew Kwab and Daniel are really professional and understandning and they always make you feel safe at the same time as they teach you how to improve your skills. The yoga that Matthew teaches in the nights are the best I've ever done, he has a big understanding in yoga and the body/mind and it just makes you feel great after. The cafe has the tastiest chokolat cake all time, and the three girls who works there are wonderful. Everyone who works in apneista are really great and helpful pepole. Ketut (one of the girls in the cafe staff) also has a great homestay on the opposite side of the road from apnesita.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Fanny L

Canada
“Best class I've taken!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Came across Apneista while staying in Amed and wished I was staying longer. Matthew, the teacher, was incredible - he has an extensive understanding of yoga, including the purpose and benefits of each pose. The class helped to build strength and stability while creating the space for focus and relaxation and was great for participants of all levels. In addition, the beachside location of the studio is very beautiful. The class really enhanced my understanding of yoga and deepened my practice.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ms_Hotte
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Honeymoon highlight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were recommended Apneista by a friend when we said we were going to Bali for our honeymoon. I am a yoga teacher by profession and my husband loves diving. We were planning to stay 2 or 3 days but ended up staying a week and wishing we could have spent longer there. Both Matthew and Kwab were very friendly, welcoming and helpful from the start. I had never tried freediving before but found Matthews teaching manner very reassuring and quickly went beyond my expectations. The location is absolutely perfect. From a diving perspective there is a wealth of marine life literally a few metres from the shore. The yoga space looks out on to the sand and has bamboo (?) blinds to regulate the amount of heat/sunlight let in whilst still allowing the sea breeze through. Can't wait to come back!

Visited August 2012
Hobart, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yoga how it should be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Did a yoga class here on a recent trip (ran out of time to try the free diving unfortunately) and was blown away. The class I did was run by Matthew, who is somewhat of a yoga guru in his own right. Like all things in Bali (and life!), keep an open mind as I believe the classes are different each time. The class went for 90 minutes and was a classic type style of yoga, which included some meditation. Would recommend for all levels (my partner hadn't done any yoga before and also really enjoyed it). Matthew (our teacher) was also great at working with/around bad backs/knees/other medical woes.

All yoga equipment was provided (byo clothes) and the space itself is a nice size overlooking the beach. The space is off a small cafe which serves delicious, healthy sized snacks, tea etc.
This is a must visit whilst in Amed. Cost was around 11 AUD (if i remember right) and well worth it.

Visited February 2013
Varanasi, India
“be like water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had my first ever free diving beginner course with Matt in September 2012 and I still feel appreciation for both this patience and encouragement to be like water (I am a bit afraid of the ocean for more that I love it). The location is stunning and the possibilities to further free yourself through diving with Matt are quite high I reckon.
Lorena