“So lovely”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Amed
San Francisco, California
“So lovely”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was the most lovely spot. The setting and facilities are beautiful. We enjoyed a beautiful view from the deck off our room. We also loved the stone outdoor shower. The staff is so gracious, welcoming and helpful. The abundant and wonderful breakfast is included. And it is walkable to a beautiful snorkeling spot. The 2 pools are beautiful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Bluemoon Villas for 4 nights with our 6 & 9 year olds. The villas and staff are amazing. We booked on the internet 6 months ago and booked the 2 rooms in the penthouse but when we arrived and had a bit of a look around we preferred the blue angel villa room. The staff were happy to move us. Glad we moved as the pool access and views from the blue angel rooms were fantastic. There are 3 rooms that have use of one pool so it's almost like your own private pool.
Food was good in the restaurant and we mostly ate there. The Japanese restaurant next door is good and very authentic. ( my husband is Japanese )
Amed is a relaxed part of Bali and the kids enjoyed playing on the beach, going on a fishing boat, snorkeling & swimming. However next time we come we will make sure we bring with us reef shoes to wear down the beach as they are very rocky.

• Stayed July 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We arrived at Blue Moon without a reservation and quite accident as we were trawling the Amed coastline looking for a place to stay. This was lucky as the hotel seems only to take direct bookings and therefore may be easily overlooked if you rely on the usual booking websites.

I can not recommend this hotel highly enough. The staff are a huge credit to the place as they are amazingly helpful and friendly, making you feel right at home.
We were given the Blue Ocean Suite which overlooks the first level pool and out to the sea beyond. They even dropped the price on asking to be amazing value for this level of luxury.

The room is vast, dominated by a four poster bed and with side seating areas, wardrobe space and beautiful bathroom. This room also has a day bed outside the room as well as its own two sunbeds. Even though close to the pool area, it felt private enough as there was only one other couple using it at the time, and being so close to a dip was awesome.

Breakfast is served to the table and very good. I recommend going local and having either the nasi or mie goreng, so good.
We also ate at the restaurant on the final night and loved the food. Yes its much more expensive that outside, but convert it to dollars and the think about how amazing it is compared to something you would order back home.

The hotel is a little by itself in terms of stuff on the doorstep but there are a couple of well stocked shops nearby and the Japanese wreck is a short walk if you wish to snorkel.

Amed represents the best part of Bali to my mind, no hawkers, friendly locals who just want to say hi as you pass, quiet roads and still pretty cheap.

Room Tip: Blue Ocean Suite represents amazing value for money (compared to the exclusive villas below the main...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This place was amazing, the views were absolutely stunning, food was great and the service was impeccable. ...

So why 4 stars?

Well I want to do 4 and 1/2 but if you can then I dont know how, and I cant justify 5 because there are a couple of little things that you could do to make it flawless.

First the booking process, I am very carefull when it comes to my credit card details and I only ever use secured methods when paying by credit card. Upon making a booking I was told to email my credit card details, or phone them through to make my deposit, I said that I was not comfortable about doing that so they were very helpful and sent me a paypal invoice to pay, great, a secured payment method, just a shame it didnt work. I called and asked if there was any way else I could pay and was told very politely that there was only details to then or paypal that wasnt working for me, I nervously bit the bullet and gave up my details to the unknown person on the other end of the phone and to anyone reading this it all worked out well with absolutely no issues! !!! The point im making here is whilst the paypal wasn't working I was on trip advisor looking at different hotels to stay at and luckily for both you and me the other hotels I looked at with either an online secured booking form or using a 3rd party booking agent only had 1 room avaliable at the hotels that looked suitable where we required 2 (as I said lucky for me because I loved your hotel and we WILL be back).

So blue moon for the sake of a small investment it may be worthwhile to you to redesign your website to streamline your booking process and include an online secured booking system, because for the one person (me) that admits to looking elsewhere, then how many people are just not booking with you because of this simply fixed issue (im not going to say for you guys to use a third party site for your bookings because it is obvious that this is not something that you guys want)

Actually I know I said there was a couple of issues but in thinking back to my stay the other things I was going to say is actually what makes this place unique and peaceful so im not even going to mention it because I dont want anyone to get the wrong idea.

Great work blue moon, I live in darwin australia and I have alot of friends and family that often come to bali so not only have you got 2 repeat couples (of which my wife and l will be back in then next 6 to 8 weeks) but you also have very high reccomendations to everyone that wants to know where is the best place to stay on the north eastern side of bali.

Well Done!!!!!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at Blue Moon Villas for 2 nights in June 2014. You need to book directly with the hotel as they don't use booking websites. I found their website a little tricky to navigate and work out which room was which and the descriptions in their email correspondence was a little hard to work out clearly also but we got there in the end. There were 4 of us travelling together so we required 2 rooms. We were offered a 2 room family suite in the Blue Angel section of the resort which consisted of 1x Blue Angel Ocean Front Suite and the Blue Angel Studio. These rooms were separate, however the door between the terraces could be opened up which suited us really well. We were offered a discount on the prices quoted on the website which was really nice.

The pool, which is shared between 4 rooms only, is divine and hangs on the cliff overlooking the ocean. It is quiet and serene. The sunrise in the morning is worth getting up for (or just open your curtains and lay in bed and soak it in!)

Service is fabulous! We received a delicious watermelon juice on arrival and a bottle of water on departure for the long drive. The restaurant has delicious food and I'd highly recommend the Indonesian selection! Very well presented, fresh and delicious! The chef even comes out and makes sure you are enjoying your meal! Breakfast can be pre-ordered and brought to your room if you wish and we ate on our terrace on the second morning.

The beach directly below the resort offers some great snorkelling! It was some of the very best coral I have seen. You can hire snorkelling equipment from the resort for 50,000 rupiah per day and they provide beach towels as well.

I would highly recommend Blue Moon Villas for anyone wishing to stay in Amed. It is worth paying a little extra to stay in the Blue Angel section of the resort.

Room Tip: The Blue Angel rooms are located in the newer section of the resort below the road. There are 2 sect...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JemPete05
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2014

It was our first trip to Bali and we loved Amed. The people there are 'real' and made us feel so welcome. I would highly recommend Blue Moon Villas. We stayed in the Angel suite which was absolutely stunning, views to die for and private pool. The hospitality was warm and inviting. The food in the restaurant was delicious. In fact, we didn't have a bad meal in Amed. Being our first trip and the fact that it took me 10 yrs to convince my husband to travel to Bali, we decided to stay in the best hotels we could find. Went to Ubud and stayed in what was supposed to be one of the best hotels on the island. Paid more than triple what we paid at Blue Moon Villas yet the experience was disappointing and no where near as good. Sue, her crew and the Blue Moon Villas get our tick of approval. In our opinion, if you go to Bali and don't visit Amed, then you haven't experienced the best of Bali.....

Room Tip: Choose the Angel Suites. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle S
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Wonderful villas amazing views close to Buddhas beach and Japanese wreck. Next door is an amazing spa. The food was fantastic and the chef gave my son a private lesson on how to cook the fish wrapped in banana leaf.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family