As a five member adult group, we rented out the entirety of the Blue Angel villa, which includes two oceanfront suites, a studio suite, the penthouse, and pool. The unobstructed views from any of the rooms are amazing, but the penthouse and suite 2 are the very nicest. Lombok can be seen in the distance when clear. The bathrooms are traditional Balinese style, which means they open to the outdoors and the showers are not under the roof. The bathroom for the studio is NOT ensuite but across the hall. The Blue Angel suites are right on the road across the street from the restaurant, which has pros and cons. Pros=very short walk to the restaurant; Cons=some road noise (but not horrible) and the staff hang out right next door in view of the pool and villa grounds. The latter was very disappointing, because we expected complete privacy, especially for the pool area. But various staff workers always seemed to be hanging out at their space opposite our wall, but in full view, which we did not appreciate. Also, staff regularly, unnecessarily walked through our grounds to go to other villas further up the way while we were trying to enjoy the pool. Not appreciated. While the grounds were pretty, they were a bit unkempt compared to other villas we stayed at on this trip. Another problem was that we could never get Wifi to work while we were there. However, aside from these annoyances, we found the location amazing, the staff was wonderful, and the rooms were beautiful. Another pro: the area did lose power one night, BUT the resort has its own generator, so we were powered back up in minutes (though the generator is extremely loud). The restaurant has excellent food (though a bit pricier than other locations) and they wash everything in only bottled water, so it is safe to eat salads and fruits, or enjoy ice cubes and frozen drinks. The beds were wonderful; the only reason I'm giving four stars instead of five on sleep quality is that the A/C did not work well in the Penthouse or Suite 1. After 3 complaints, I believe the A/C units were recharged and we did notice improvement. Note that Amed is a quiet, laid back area, and there is no public transportation. If you want to go anywhere, you will need to hire a vehicle, but the rates are very reasonable. There is a nice beach within walking distance. A short drive aways is a glass bottom boat excursion--not really worth the money. Amed is best for just staying put and soaking up the views and doing some snorkeling. Bottom line, we LOVED this place and would stay there again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise - with stunning ocean views - in enchanting Amed - East Bali. Stylish, relaxed and welcoming. Beautiful rooms. Set in a lush tropical garden with 4 swimming pools overlooking the ocean, is the perfect place to relax in Amed, East Bali. Our unique boutique resort nestles on a small headland overlooking the Bali Sea with access to the beach below us. Complimentary High speed WIFI ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Blue Moon Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Moon Villas Hotel Amed
- Blue Moon Villas Amed, Bali