“Almost Paradise!”

Ranked #23 of 86 Specialty Lodging in Amed
St-urbain
“Almost Paradise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed in Good Karma Bungalows by myself in one of the big bungalows for 6 nights in the beggining of May 2014.

The Bungalow was very nice, nice bathroom and shower. I learned by the end of my stay that there were cheaper bedroom, especially because I was alone. But, I think they weren't available when I arrived. The location of the bungalow was amazing, so close to the beach, what a peaceful sound to fall asleep.

I snorkeled every day just in front. A lot of garbage in the water unfortunately. This is a major problem in Bali, but the Government is aware of the problem. Hopefully there will soon be a recycling and garbage collect on the island.

I had a mask, I needed fins which I rent to one of the guy on the beach, cheap and made a good friend with the transaction.

Be careful in the water, some strong current.

The food in the restaurant, a little expensive for the average around, but very good. I had 3 times Barracuda ceviche. Ho I miss the food there.

The only problem is that there were probably ''bed bugs'' in my mattress. I didn't know at first. on the 3rd nights I began to have itchy bites. I thought of mosquitoes, fleas, but I had a net on the bed. I talked to other tourists who had the same problems. I talked to the staff a little bit. I should have told them fiercly and asked for a new mattress. I sent them an email when I got back home at least.

I paid 550 000rp per night. It would have been ok without the bites wich stop me from sleeping the last 2 nights.

Still 550 000rp is a lot of money for Bali, I could have had a newest place, more comfortable for the same price.

But still, I liked it and thought it was a beautiful place so I hope they will see to it.

Room Tip: Don't tolerate bedbugs, ask for new mattress
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Mikhaël L

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Czech first
Lyon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

The local friend recommended us to stay in Good Karma and I am so happy we listened to him. It is definitely the cosiest, calmest, nicest place in Amed. We took a bungalow for 4 people with a view to the beach and literally 3 steps from the water.
It is also one of the best place for snorkelling, especially that you can do it straight out of the bed! There are guys renting equipment, so you do not need to go anywhere.
Another activity must do is yoga classes. I and my friend went there and we had a teacher just for us (I guess also due to low season)! Quiet and relaxing location perfect for meditation.
I must also mention the restaurant which is among the bungalows. The food was cheap comparing with surroundings and the quality was really good. In 4 days we haven't gone outside to eat, because we had everything just next to us.

Extra points for the amazing staff! Super friendly and helpful and with a good humour sense :)))

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Svetlana_Lithuania
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Cute and funky little bungalows with lots of charm and privacy. The staff is beyond accommodating, especially a beautiful young woman named Made who made us feel so welcome. It's a fun place to go out snorkeling, explore the coast or (like us) get rained in for a couple days and just enjoy great company and good food. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Kuta, Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed there with my girlfriend for 4 day and 3 night. We had a nice stay. the food was good must try there bread crumed chicken and the chicken katsu don. There service was good the staff where very nice and friendly. We rented out sanorkal gear and a boat and went sanrokaling at the jap ww2 ship wreck. very nice stay we enjoyed and cant wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rhys G
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

These rustic but spacious bungalows right on the beach allow you to lay on your daybed on the verandah and watch the waves, fishing boats and relax. Walk out into the water and you have lovely tropical fish to see with a snorkel. Each morning a piping hot thermos of water and teapot is delivered to your door. The restaurant is simple and tasty...the staff quiet and polite. I live Amed and this place....thankyou.....sing ken ken.

• Stayed December 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 1 night in this hotel but I really would like to stay more! Bungalows are awesome and big! The private bathroom and toilets are behind the bungalow outside: lovely! It's possible to swim and to see alot of exotic fish! Really good hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Lil difficult to reach this hotel. but it's worth to stay here. Comparing with other hotel room rate around Amed, Good Karma is the most competitive hotel. Cottage are traditional hut for 2 -5 persons, with 5 stps to amazing beach!! Wonderfull place ever. Good food but take time to serve. If you need privacy this hotel is highly recomended!! but it is not 5 stars hotel, so dont expect much with waiter of roomboy will serve you all the time. but dont worry the room is clean and comfy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family