“Beautiful Paradise”
Review of Jepun Bali Villa

Jepun Bali Villa
Ranked #3 of 92 Specialty Lodging in Amed
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Jepun Villas recently hosted our daugthers wedding and we could not fault a thing. The staff are incredible and cooked a delicious Balinese feast for our guests. They went out of there way to make this day special for all of us and even decorated our daughters room with flowers whilst the ceremony was taking place.This is a fantastic place for a family or group of friends that want to stay together but still want their own space. All the rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable with all amentities, the outside bathrooms are gorgeous. Each villa is separated and have ocean views from the large terrace with day bed. Yes there is a steep hill that you will need to walk up after dining at Apa Kabar across the road or swimming and snorkelling on the rocky beach, but well worth the 3 minutes of catching your breath at the top. I could not recommend this place more, we have stayed 4 times in Amed all in different places and this one is by far the best. If your looking for night life this is not the place, but if you want to see the really beautiful side of Bali come here.

Room Tip: The first room on the right as you walk up the stairs has the best ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I recently spent several weeks traveling throughout Bali and stayed for a week in the costal town of Amed at the Jepun Bali Villas. Everything about my visit and stay at the Villas exceeded my expectations. The property has four incredible private Villas each with an Ocean view balcony. The rooms are clean, spacious, and offer both indoor and outdoor showers. The common areas including the infinity pool also offers spectacular ocean views and the gardens are blooming with exotic fragrant flowers.

The Staff was always smiling, friendly, and very helpful. Not knowing the area and wanting to Scuba Dive the staff introduced me to the on sight Dive Master who arranged and coordinated a dive trip to the U.S.S.A.T Liberty Tulamben ( a 120 meter long WWII Shipwreck) just a short drive down the road. If you like seeing an incredible variety of marine life combined with an abundance of Coral in an old ship wreck then you have to make this dive. Overall the staff was great and always ready to help with my next adventure.

I would highly recommend the Jepun Bali Villas for any size group. Although I only occupied one Villa this location would be great for a large group or family. The Villas, Pool and Gardens are all awesome but the Staff make the experience a true Paradise.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2012

At the entrance of the property my husband and I were greeted by the entire staff, and they whisked away our luggage to the villa for us. After being graciously welcomed, icy cold watermelon smoothies were wating for us when we sat down on our patio. On the typically very warm Balinese day (or night) it was a perfect suprise.

If you don't have a list of what to see in this quiet fishing village, simply go left or right at the bottom of the hill. Either direction is a wonderful walk to see the Balinese people in a temple for a ceremony, or collecting flowers to make their own incense. If you are curious, ask any one of the staff about their traditions, or ceremonies. You may be invited to participate. Such a treat.

During the day have a Bintang beer, or superbly made ice-tea. Whomever is home at one of the many cafe's in town will be sincerely glad to see you, and as curious about you, as you are about them!

I felt welcome, safe, and thoroughly enjoyed myself the entire time. After walking around town, go back up the hill to your lovely cooled off villa, and plan dinner. If it's too hot out for you, simply stay in the pool. There are days we did just that; and we were served lunch poolside on many occasions.

When the time comes to leave your villa, the staff takes your heavy bags (when you swore this time you would pack light), and takes them to the car for you. It doesn't feel right to leave this place, or the kind and wonderful friends you have made. This is a hidden gem within Amed. We will be back again very soon.

Room Tip: The villas are virtually the same. I would be happy with any of them.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sjtrav3ler
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Tucked within the Amed area, in rural Bunutan, sits East Bali's JEWEL. Truly!!! In a region that can feel, to westerns, as quite rural and primitive, Jepun Bali Villas delivers top of the line bedding, delicious food, friendly staff, and lovely views. 4 very private villas surround a lovely infinity pool, with swim up self serve bar. You could hang out there all day (I've done that MANY times). Each room has hand carved king sized canopy beds. Huge bath suites with indoor and outdoor private LUXURY shower. Safe and refrigerators in each room.

For our package, delicious breakfast was included. . .oh YUMM! I prefer my coffee a little stronger than they normally made it, and they gladly adjusted their routine.

A little more expensive than some of the surrounding hotels, but WELL WORTH IT! Explore nearby Bunutan on foot, or ask the staff to take you sight seeing. In fact, ask the staff ANYTHING. They seem excited to share this beautiful region.

I've traveled the world, many times. Stayed in many of the world finest hotels. Jepun Bali Villas will not disappoint. I wouldn't be embarrassed to bring the queen of England here :-).

Now this IS Bali! You WILL see a few geckos in your room, and Bats WILL rest in the rafters of the lovely outdoor balconies at night, but EMBRACE East Bali's nature, and you will not regret your visit here. Oh, and DON'T miss a snorkel or scuba dive nearby! These are some of planet's most abundant reefs! Giant clam, seahorses, Napoleon wrasses, clownfish, etc. . . Again, just ask the staff, they will arrange EVERYTHING!

Jepun's staff picked us up at Denpasar International Airport, and returned us when our trip was over. Arrangement couldn't have been easier. . . .and believe me, if you are not accustomed to driving in Bali, YOU WANT THIS SERVICE! Don't try to arrange travel on your own, when this is so easy thru the resort.

I strongly recommend. . . .If you're up to it. . . .bring some friends, rent the ENTIRE place. Ask for the "special dinner and Balinese dancer" upgrade!

If you're reading this, thinking about your first trip to Bali, SKIP the busy southern area of Bali, get out of town and experience a TRUE escape. Jepun Bali Villas and the surrounding villages, will deliver just this!

Room Tip: All rooms are very near the same. Slightly different decor is all. Don't sweat this decision.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Room Tip: All rooms are nearly the same, each of our guests seem to think they had the best room! So don'...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay in the Jepun Villas before Dec. 2011 and at a time when three villas were occupied. It was very quiet and peaceful. The Villas are ideally located for a restful and private stay while you are on location. The facilities include an infinity pool with refreshing water features and sufficient shade to allow for time out of the sun. Accommaditions were excellent, and consist of four private villas - each with individual terrace areas, inside and outside showers (its like taking a shower in a private rain forest) and king size beds and flat screen TVs. They are located above the pool with two on either side of the common kitchen/dining room, where breakfast is prepared by on-site staff and served each morning. The grounds are well kept and in keeping with the Indonesian culture. The staff are nothing less than fantastic. I cannot remember ever seeing anything less than a smiling face when we needed their help. They went out of their way to find scooters and arrange massages. A BIG difference to what we are used to back in the USA. While Scott is not on site 100 per cent of the time, he is always a cell call away, and found different ways for us to go on hikes and arranged day tours to other locales. Just writing this review brings back great memories.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Noel H
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This villa was a perfect choice for our trip! Offered everythings ! Including excellent view, excellent people,excellent food,excellent environment! As the first Chinese guest here, I felt very special, people here were sooooo nice to talk with and really helpful while I got illness. All the girls and boys working here are happy, kind, honest ! The first sight came into eyes every morning on the bed was unbelievable pleasent, just can make a mood for whole day. Then, when the moon coming, with the lights under the swimming pool, stay in the water before midnight, looking at the starts, everything was so quiet surrounding , just make me relaxing immediately. I missed lots of things of there after back home, almost got Jepun-sick,hehe!
Btw, the Gacko, which falling off on the massage bed, wow, still have that funny picture in my head!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends