Its great to see Jepun getting a couple of reviews - when I booked in May there weren't any reviews on tripadvisor and I was a bit worried... Needlessley so as it is a beautiful resort. We really enjoyed our time in Amed and Jepun Villas.
As there arent many reviews I am going to try to write quite a thorough one (and some of it may seem like nickpicking - but it is just our observations so others can make up their own mind).
Jepun Bali Villas is a peaceful 4 villa resort up a long steep driveway in the Bunutan village area. The 4 villas are very spacious and surround the pool. The infinity pool is a beautiful sparkling blue with views to the ocean. The gardens are beautifully kept and there are water features everywhere. Each villa has a large terrace with day bed and the room has a huge king sized 4 poster bed with mozzie net. The room also has a full sized mirror, desk, side tables, aircon and fan... There's a flat screen TV but its mounted a bit too high to watch from the bed.The ensuite is also large and you have the choice of an inside or outside private shower.
There are also two communal areas -the kitchen/dining/lounge and a billiards room/gym. The resort doesnt give you small bottled water but in the kitchen there is a bottled water dispenser for your use.
You get breakfast included daily and there is a choice of balinese or american breakfast - both were nice.
Now, for a few of the negatives:
- It seems the manager, Scott, who took our reservation and was very helpful during the booking process was away during out stay. The local staff were friendly and helpful but their English wasn't great so they couldn't really help with sightseeing ideas etc. The staff however did arrange scooter hire (60,000IDR/day) and a massage (100,000IDR per hour). Also because there is no "reception" area as such we couldn't always find a staff member when we needed them.
- The villa had very weak water pressure which meant that the toilet wouldnt always flush and the shower was weak.
- the curtains weren't block out so the villa would light up at sunrise - no sleep ins.
- the lighting in the villa and bathroom was very low so that you couldn't read a book at night or apply makeup.
- there wasn't a fridge in the room - but you can use the communal ones in the kitchen, gym or pool bar.
- no tea/coffee making facilities or tissues in the villa.
I think also that the location wasn't the best - there were only a couple of restaurants within walking distance (and of course that long steep driveway!) The beach also wasn't very nice in that area. However, if you want to mainly stay at the resort they can make you lunch and dinner. If we return to Amed (and I think we definately will at some stage) we will probably try to stay in Lipah or Lean - where there is more happening and the beach is sand.
Overall - the Jepun Bali Villas is a beautiful, well kept resort and we really enjoyed our time there. When we stayed we were the only guests so we had the whole resort to ourselves - which we thought was fantastic but others may prefer more people around. I think it would be the perfect resort to hire out with a few other couples or family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise awaits you at Jepun Bali Villas in Amed, on the eastern coast of Bali.The property consists of 4 one-bedroom air conditioned villas, each with en-suite bath, including both indoor and outdoor showers. Each bedroom villa includes a king size 4- poster bed, refrigerator, desk, closet with safe, hair dryer, and an outdoor terrace with comfortable seating. Also included on the property, shared by all guests, is:- the main villa, including a kitchen, dining room, living room with large screen TV and CD-DVD player, and bathroom- the recreation villa, including fitness equipment and a beautiful hand carved billiard table- outdoor dining pavilion, outdoor spa retreat, a magnificent infinity pool with a swim up bar, beautiful tropical gardens, koi ponds and multi-level terraces with teak outdoor furnitureA traditional Balinese or Western breakfast is included. Other meals can be ordered and prepared by our on-site chef, at a reasonable price. There are seven staff to take care of all your needs. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property, and free parking is available on-site.Jepun Bali Villas is located about 2.5 hours from Ngurah Rai International Airport. Airport pickup and return can be arranged for a reasonable charge. A car and driver can also be rented to take you diving or sightseeing throughout this area of Bali. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jepun Bali Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jepun Bali Villa Amed