“Friendly, good service, great location”
Review of Bali Dream House

Bali Dream House
Ranked #8 of 90 Specialty Lodging in Amed
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The room and bed was comfortable and clean. Not super chic, not shabby either, very pleasant and in line with the price range - nice clean bathroom, plenty of towels, in room safe, kettle, sofa/couch, chairs, coffee table both inside room and out on the small verandah.

Breakfast is generous - literally you can eat and fresh made to order. My pet peeve was present as it is almost always, trying to communicate 'well done toast'...anyway, moving on...We had dinner one night in this hotel....I don't recommend it, it seems to be a watered down, very bland version of Balinese food. Very disappointing. However, if you want a good breakfast, friendly staff, good service, a lovely pool and a comfy value for money room, then this is the place.

We had the hotel arrange a boat trip for us too - quick, easy, value for money.

Oh, WiFi is slooooow...or at least it was when we were there.

I was impressed with the staff, we both felt welcomed and appreciated.

Room Tip: pool front
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 days, at the end of our journey to Bali. The place is just fantastic! First of all, Amed itself - it is very far from hastle and bustle of tourist life. When you come there, it feel almost too quiet, too switched off. But in couple hours you switch to their quietness,a nd just relax and feel happy :) You won't find tourist attractions, shops, restaurants and nightlife there. All you can find in Amed is warungs (not thaaaat many), and lots of diving places.
The hotel itself - absolute gem! The place has only 4 bungalows, hotel is spacious, the territory is beautiful, extremely thought through. The bungalows are not huge inside, but has everything you need, very stylish, all details are coming together nicely. It's just a great aesthetic pleasure to stay in this hotel. Rooms are extremely clean, and no smell of damp, which is unusual for Bali.
Restaurant in the hotel is nice, we had all our meals there.
Staff is just great, they are treating you as if you are their family. Really nice, simple and helpful.
We have also asked hotel to organise a Balinese Blessing for us - and they did it so greatly! Everything was organised on their territory, they asked brahman to come and even brought traditional clothes for us. We very very touched, and the ceremony was quite spiritual for us. Thank you very much, guys!
Ah, another thing to mention - there are corals in the sea (like five meters from the beach) with lots of colourful fish - you just ask for snorkling equipment in the hotel.
So if we are coming back to Bali one day - we'll definitely come back to Bali Dream House.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vesta5
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It is a very small resort but this makes it very good. Far from the busy area, right on the seaside, just swim in and you can snorkel. The bungalows are very nice and comfortable. The staff is really helpful and the service is super. The restaurant serves very good food. The internet connection is not so good but it is generally bad in some remote areas.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed there for 5 nights and had a wonderful time with our family. My kids were in the pool the whole day and the view from the rooms were so serene and lovely. The staff were very nice and we had a bit of chit chat on the culture and history of the place. Best is that there are only 4 chalets so it is never crowded at the pool. The beach was not crowded too but the waves were just too rough when we were there so we could not see any corals unless you swim quite a way out. The beach is also very pebbly so no sandcastles for our kids, just nice romantic walks for couples.

Only problem I faced was the steep hill going down to our chalet. We had to climb this every day and went home with a slipped knee disc. Otherwise we enjoyed ourselves and hope to be back again soon..... I better start excercising.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Our actual hotel wasn't free yet when we arrived in amed, and we stumbled across this jewel. We booked a sea side villa for two nights, and my, I didn't want to leave. Ever!

The hotel has 4 rooms altogether, two garden and two sea side villas. Our villa was the spotless clean, in a mint condition with stylish Balinese interject. Aircon, ventilator, free coffee making facilities, open air toilet and shower and huge front porch.

The staff is just wonderful. All locals from amed with no serious training, but with more love and passion than in any other hotel we've been to, even in Europe.

Breakfast was included, one could eat everything, I mean like 20 dishes, at once without extra charge. Want to have it in the restaurant, the pool or your front porch? No problem! i highly recommend the banana pancakes!

Pool is beautiful, the garden is very tidy and clean, immediate acces to the beach and the reef...

In all, this was truly paradise for us, and everyone coming to amed should come here. We will come back for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jan H
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have been to different resorts in different parts of the world, including some swanky ones. But I am confident that the Bali Dream house will remain one of my favorites of all time. I thought it might be hard to give up television completely for six days, but I didn't miss it at all! We had brought a Netflix movie to watchon the laptop, but we didn't even watch the whole movie in one sitting because there were other things we wanted to do more.

The villa was absolutely perfect. The furniture was stylish and comfortable. Everything was made out of different sizes of bamboo wood. The sea views are probably booked well in advance all the time, and we never saw a night of vacancy in them. I was very happy with the garden view. I am happy I did not have the fourth which was farther up the stairs.

The staff were all truly wonderful, and I miss each one of them. One day we hadn't ordered lunch by three so they came to visit us. During a festival we ran into one in town and he warmly greeted us and oriented us about what was going on.

My husband chartered a jukung boat to go fishing and the ktchen repared his catch and he said it was absolutely delicious. On our last day one of the staff even gave him some delicious fruit.

The garden was so beatiful I just loved sitting on our porch watching the birds and the sea and the garden.

Room Tip: The sea views must be the best, but I liked number three because the garden was nice and shady and I...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katycab
Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you are seeking peace and tranquility, far away from the busy nightlife of southern Bali, stay here. It's the best hotel experience we have had to date. Be sure to book one of the two sea view suites (but if you can't, the others are also great). The rooms are generously sized - tall ceilings, separate sitting areas, your own private porch, large bathrooms with spacious showers. There is air conditioning in the bungalows. You can order food at any time and it is all quite good - I particularly recommend the black rice pudding at breakfast or as a delicious, sweet anytime snack. The fresh juices are all delicious, too. You can have breakfast in your room or at lounge chairs overlooking the ocean, which we did every day. The ocean water is warm and the waves are calm (good for kids). Coral reefs are merely steps away in the water. The staff are incredibly kind and friendly here. For 50-75 USD, the hotel owner will chauffeur you around various regional sites (an incredible, hidden, white sand beach; beautiful water palace gardens; a day trip to Ubud; etc). This is great because you can relax, knowing you have personal and safe transportation to and from each destination, leaving you able to enjoy the places you visit without worrying over the logistics. I wish we could have stayed longer than a weekend, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple