“The best place for our first dive”

Adventure Divers Bali
Ranked #1 of 49 Tours in Amed
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A small friendly dive resort offering relaxed, safe and professional diving and instruction.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We were in Amed for 3 nights and when you're in Amed you have to go diving. A cousin told me about Adventure Divers and since we didn't have anything else to go on we decided to get our first dive there.

What a good choice! Liselotte and David - who run the place - where very kind and helpful. Not only did they set us up for our first dive, Liselotte also helped us find a great place to stay (their rooms were full). So we ended up at Pondok Laut bungalows, just a 3 minute walk from the diving school and also the best place we've slept in Bali. She also gave us great tips for dining in the area, David gave us a great route for sightseeing with the motorbike and they arranged for a driver to pick us up in Amed and bring us back to Denpasar. Great!

Then... the diving. We had an excellent time! We had to dives while we where there. One in the bay nearby and the next day we went to the shipwreck. Both places were beautiful, but of course the shipwreck was amazing. We had two great dive-masters who where kind and patient and both spoke English quite well.

All in all, we had the best time and we'll definitely come back when we're in Bali again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,947)

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed at Kuta and traveled all the way to Amed for a single day of diving. We were skeptical if the long trip was really worth it or if we should have chosen a closer dive spot.
Once we got to the dive center every minute made us feel glad that we chose this place.
The hosts (David and Liselotte) were very friendly and went the extra mile to make us feel at home. Our request for veggie food was honored and we were very happy with the quality.
The class room session just before the dive was aptly paced to help us (First Time Divers) understand every bit.
On the first Dive we saw beautiful little fishes and school of of other variety. The instructors were very knowledgeable and experienced and handled us very well. We really appreciate the dive instructors patients in helping us get used to the new environment.
On the second dive we were taken to the US Ship wreak, and it was an experience I'm struggling to put in words. It was the most awesome feeling ever.
The equipments were very well maintained and top quality.
The staff were very friendly and professional too. They seemed to be able to arrange for any thing (Travel,Snorkeling etc) with great ease.
Over all the experience was one of the best we had in Bali, and I would definitely recommend this place for an unforgettable pleasant experience.
And my special thanks for looking after our little one while we were away diving :)

1  Thank Rakeshktp
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed at Geria Geri Shanti and did 5 days of diving with Adventure divers. Every day was well organised and the diving was great! We had the same dive master , Kaday, or G'day as he was sometimes called, and he was excellent. He was a great guide and found some good things including a cute little orange frogfish tumbling along under a broken piece of coral. Lisa organising a memorable trip to Manta point off Nusa Penida , including breaky, private car, boat, great lunch, even supplying the seasickness tablets, which were needed as it was quite rough. Nothing seemed too much of a problem for them to organise. Equipment was good although i did skin my fingers trying to squeeze into a ladies small wetsuit......must stop eating all those chips! The dive instructors David and Yvonne were knowledgeable and fun. We didn't do a course with them but I would highly recommend them and Adventure divers.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I did a total of 15 dives with Adventure Divers Bali which comprised of Open Water and Advanced SSI courses, as well as some fun dives. The experience was nothing short of phenomenal. I could not have asked for better instructors to learn from. Yvonne and David, my instructors, have every quality you could ever want in a teacher; experience, patience, passion for their craft, effective communicators, wit, and a killer sense of humor!

I did two fun dives during my stay. The Japanese Shipwreck in Amed and Manta Points 1 & 2 in Nusa Penida. The dive guides Jim, Gedih and Kajeng were exceptional in their knowledge of the dive sites which made the dives all the more enjoyable. This was especially critical during the manta ray dives as they were supposed to be out of season when I did my dive. However, thanks to their experience, I managed to see 11 manta rays which turned out to be the highlight of my trip!

I highly recommend diving with them, whatever your skill level is. If you want an immaculate diving experience, you'll get it at Adventure Divers Bali.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I did my open water course with this dive school and it was amazing! The instructors are really good, the people are nice and the dive spots are really cool. I would for sure come back here if I had the chance!