“Simple Fish and Chips, wow.”
Review of Komang John's Cafe

Komang John's Cafe
Ranked #18 of 103 Restaurants in Amed
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fine and relaxed dining overlooking the ocean. International standard menu serving Indonesian and Western Cuisine; all at reasonable prices. Authentic Balinese cuisine cooked with freshly ground spices. Fresh fish daily from local fishermen, barbecued over coconut husks. Good Vegetarian selection. Children’s menu. Full bar with International and Balinese Wines, Cocktails and Cold Beer. All food and drink is prepared with Bottled Spring Water by our charming and friendly staff.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Komang John, we were not there tonight. Your restaurant was so busy.

What stood out most to me was your staff ran your restaurant like a Swiss Watch without missing a beat.

Your experience shows in your staff and their ability to keep everyone happy. What is hard, your staff make look easy.

Oh the food. Guess I should say something about.

Now you know I like fish and chips. Could not give you the best hamburger in Amed but I will give you the very best Fish and Chips in Amed, possibly Bali.

Every meal was a winner at our table.

Thank you John, Wayan our host and all your lovely staff who constantly create fabulous memories.

Of course we come back to Blue Moon, always.

Steve Wotherspoon

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had lunch here and loved it
The service was quick and friendly and the food very good. We both had a special off the blackboard ,well presented and great value. The view over the ocean was as good as you get.
This place is very Balinese and good honest food at the right price.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We decided to head to Koman John's Cafe for an early sunset dinner and were delighted to find out that they do a hotel pickup and drop off service around Amed (just phone ahead on the day). The driver (who works in various capacities at Blue Moon Villas) was delightful and the staff were incredibly welcome. The service was some of the best I have experienced in Bali - so friendly and genuine with attention to detail (such as our names). We like to share our dishes and have one at a time - no problem!

After two beautifully presented Margaritas, we chose the Nasi Campur (non-vegetarian) to share first followed by their Balinese chicken curry - we asked for medium spicy but was not quite spicy enough for us so they provided us with some chopped chilli in soy which we added to taste. The food is made from very fresh and high quality ingredients. Everything was cooked to perfection - and the meat was incredibly tender. I wish we had room for desert as we heard other diners who were delighted with their selection (and in fact every course they ordered).

The ambiance is just perfect - very laid back and at the same time classy. The views and the breeze were devine. Interestingly, most of the staff we met have been there for 10 - 15 years and love working there - that makes for a happy restaurant with fabulous food - go on - spoil yourself! Its more expensive than a warung but its a very special place with excellent food and staff!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

The restaurant selection is very good here, although I came back and had the Vegetarian Nasi Campur again, it was that good, I also tried the fries they must be the best on the beach. The price is a little higher than other places, especially compared to places like Ubud where there's a lot of competition but generally about the same or lower than other restaurants of this nature on this beach such The Griya and Sails, a Nasi Campur costs about 70,000IDR (£3.50/€4.40/$6.00). Our bill for two with soft drinks and a beer or two) would generally be around 200,000IDR (£10/€12/$17) The service is very friendly and efficient and the view during the day is really nice.

1  Thank h3h3
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Sitting atop the hill overlooking the ocean and feeling soft breezes while waterfall flows behind me. I am definitely in paradise! I ordered the chocolate pudding cake and coffee late. What a treat! Good Wifi available and overall a wonderful experience. I'm common back for dinner to try the curry.