“Amazing Sea View”
Review of Bedulu Resort

Bedulu Resort
Ranked #39 of 90 Specialty Lodging in Amed
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We spent four nights in this nice hotel and had one of the superior rooms uphill. We needed to go a few steps to get up to our room but the amazing sea view from the infintiy pool and even out of our own bedroom when lying in bed was really worth the few steps. The staff was friendly and always willing to meet our needs. It was a quite and relaxing place with the beach and the coral gardens right in front of the hotel. It was the right place to relax after having dived or snorkeled around. Close by is also the best location to see the sunset behind the beautiful volcanos of bali. As long as you don't mind taking a few steps up the hill, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had a great time at Bedulu Resort, the staff were so kind and helpful.... a big thank you to Marini for being such a good hostess and tour guide. Must admit that we went there with many plans for adventure but ended up spending most of the time hanging out by the pool, although we did visit Lempuyang temple nearby with great views from the mountain top and also snorkelled at the Japanese shipwreck which was great.

I was a little concerned about what to expect after reading some negative reviews but I really couldn't find any fault withthis place or the local family that run it. The rooms were spotless - no mould! and the view was just as good as the photos on the website.

Will definately be recommending to my friends and family back home.

Room Tip: close by the pool for the best views
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Bedulu was a place of contradictions. It had fantastic views and a beautiful pool, but there was an abandoned quality. Additionally, to get to those beautiful views one has to hike up a hill on very uneven rocky steps that are not well lit at night. Did I mention that the rooms are at the top of the hill? Although the rooms were fine--lots of light and clean--there was also lots of bugs. Someone had placed beautiful flowers in my room and on my bed--visually appealing--but they forgot to clean them and remove all bugs. My bed was covered in them. The bathrooms were strange--outside with a poorly placed cutout that allowed people to see inside--very poorly planned and executed as well as having mold issues and bug issues. I traveled with teenagers and that issue alone was reason enough to leave after one night. The staff is friendly but not very helpful or trained--most don't speak English. There was no wifi in the rooms or up by the pool and the wifi available in their cafe was terrible. There were too many issues for us and we left after one night. There are better options available in the village for the same or less money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Fantastic infinity pool with great sea view ... so relaxing to sit by the pool listening to the waves crash! Friendly and helpful staff and food not bad. Taking a torch is recommended as the walk to and from rooms is a bit dark at night and this place wouldn't be good for anyone who struggles walking as it's built into the hillside. Water pressure and slight damp seemed to be an issue, but nothing horrendous. Would happily go back and recommend to others looking for a good value option.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Not much I can say other than great things about Bedulu Resort. The swimming pool, views and family welcoming atmosphee were highlights for me..... and not to be forgetten either was the fresh seafeood and wood fired pizzas.We spent an amazing week here. Will be back one day.

I had reservations about coming to Indonesia with young children but we felt so safe and welcomed here at Bedulu and in Amed in geneal, a world away from Kuta, so peaceful and quiet. We were invited to attend ceremonies with the family that owns and manages the resort and our children would play with their children.... couldn't have been better.

Room Tip: Superior and Family Rooms by the pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The place is great with nice scenery and very friendly staffs.

However the rooms especially the toilet requires some serious maintenance. Perhaps due to the use of water tanks for sanitary facilities, the water pressure is not really desirable at many times. Toilet flushes encounter much problem and shower spray has minimal water flowing out. You wont be able to use the traditional bath tub as the bath tub will not be able to fill up any water level higher than your ankle. Drainage is also a problem in the bath tub.

I also do feel a bit insecure with the locking system of the rooms. It can be easily unlocked from the outside with a card or branch (owners, u shld know what i'm talking about and maybe look into it)

Despite all the buts, the resort is still great with the pool, food, scenic view from the sun bed and its tranquility. I will definitely return to bedulu, hoping to see changes to what i have pointed out.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had such high hopes for this hotel after reading the reviews. I was sadly disappointed.

We arrived in Amed for the first time ever after travelling to Bali many many times.

I'll make this a brief review.

When we arrived the staff appeared to have no idea they were expecting us. It wasn't purely down to the language barrier as my wife speaks fluent Bahasa. The steps upto the room are a challenge. I'm pretty fit but I found it a challenge due to the heat and no shade as you hiked up and up the stairs. The rubbish that littered the climb to our room didn't help the barren landscape.

The room was very disappointing. Huge gaps in the doors meant that mozzies had free reign into your room. The aircondioner was woeful it may well have been just blowing hot air. There was a ceiling fan but it was useless as the cover over the 4 poster bed eliminated any relief it may have given you. Sadly you couldn't take the cover off as it was needed to protect you from the mozzies. The bathroom was one of the worst I've had in Bali (I've stayed in 2 star and 5 star places) Tiolet seat was broken and had a smell coming from it. There was no shower gel which isn't a crime but you do expect soap to wash your hands or a hand towel at the sink! There was a window in the bathroom with no fly screen so it meant that it was just another access point for mozzies to get into your room. Bathroom floor needed a bloody good scrub with bleach. There was a lot of noise from chickens, dogs & locals who just live metres away.

Positives...the day bed was a nice touch. Watching the sunrise and the fishing boats return back to shore was just amazing. The view from the infiniti pool was worth the effort to get up there and trust me you need to get into the pool after the hike up! But as I said the view was exceptional.

We were supposed to stay 3 nights but left after our first night. We had already paid for our room but didn't ask for a refund as we didn't want to cause a problem etc and just wrote it off as a mistake. To be fair the manager did make the effort to speak to us about why we were leaving but we'd already made up our mind to go.

The above is only my opinion. You may stay there and love it...sadly, we didn't.

Room Tip: Get the room in the middle close to the pool. Also, the staff told us that there wasn't a bemo i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple