We stayed 10 nights and had many different experiences; some great, some extremely disappointing, With wonderfully kept grounds, a select number of large villas with grand and generous outdoor bathrooms and a gracious swimming pool area tucked by the sea, the hotel has the potential of being among the best resorts in Amed. Its location close to the centre adds to its allure. It unfortunately has some critical weaknesses. In the first instance it would benefit from a restaurant upgrade; a lovely setting is just not matched by a creative menu and cuisine. The breakfast is adequate even if formulaic. By the third day, they had mastered the omelet. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. However when faced with a serious problem, they lack guidance and direction. Our villa was invaded by a mouse/rat who refused to leave. We mentioned it every morning at the front desk. the first day they addressed the issue by cleaning the floor. Our rodent guest became more bold crawling over and into all our bags and continued to disturb our sleep and general comfort. The second day; they sent in another cleaning crew and the third day a security contingent. On the forth day we suggested traps. They agreed and put one archaic excuse for a trap in a totally inappropriate place. We helped that night by repositioning the device and the rodent helped by eating the bait and not firing the trap door. A potentially great experience was marred by a staff unprepared and unable to deal with a common problem. This is not the inadequacy of staff but the inability of management of taking the business of hoteling seriously. With so many facilities with vacancies even in the high season, I would recommend just shopping around for the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arya Amed Bungalows designed in a comfortable Balinese style, which is surrounded by beautiful lush tropical gardens. Arya Amed Beach Resort is located on the beach in the peaceful village of Amed, north eastern tip of Bali, which is highlighted with spectacular sunrises over the neighboring island of Lombok. The area is known for world class snorkeling and diving area where Amed becomes interesting to visit for its amazing luxurious underwater scenery, to see tropical fish and other marine life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Arya Amed Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arya Amed Beach Hotel Amed
- Arya Amed Beach Resort Bali