“Beautiful Place, Beautiful People!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows
Ranked #2 of 72 Amed B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Beautiful Place, Beautiful People!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and absolutely loved it! From the second we arrived we were warmly greeted by the owner with a little tour of the property and then offered a nice refreshing drink. She sat with us a little while to chat and give us great restaurant suggestions. She was so nice, It really felt like we were visiting old friends. We were here to relax and it was the perfect location for it, located up on the hill surrounded by lush gardens and catered to better than in a five star hotel, but all at an amazingly low price. Complimentary drinks all day, great breakfast and free water bottle refills wow! We were sad to go, but left feeling completely relaxed and re-energized. I could not think of a better location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle C

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very good place to see Amed Area if you rent a motorbike or hire a driver.
A lot of very good places (The grill :)) to eat just around the hotel but if you want to do snorkeling, you have to go a little bit further (coral garden...) to find good spot!
As read in other reviews, Liselotte is very energyfull and has a lot (more than a lot!!!) of advices!
We didn't try to dive with her but everything looked very clean and cool!
Thank you to her and her husband for their welcoming and for everything.
Rooms are clean and good but be careful from mosquitos at night and during your shower (outside bathroom).
A very good place to go and to come back!

Room Tip: Prefer rooms far from the street.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

While I was planning my vacation in Bali I booked almost all the hotels on Booking.com. Somehow I came across tripadvisor.com and found this interestingly named B&B in Amed, where I planed to stay for two nights and spend some time diving. Actually I didn't expect the Rank 1st in tripadvisor.com to be very outstanding as Amed is not a hot choice as Kuta and Ubud in Bali.
My wife and I arrived at Amed in June 24th. The hostess, Lisa, gave us a huge warm welcome right at the time we stepped in. About half an hour later, I was trying to figure out ways to cancel our hotel booking in Ubud(Pity that we had already paid the full price).
Everything here is just perfect. We had a lovely bungalow equipped with private outdoor shower. We had the staff who are always kind and smiling. And we enjoyed the beautifully decorated garden.
What made this place a shining pearl in Amed, as you may found in many other reviews, are Lisa and David. I just can't describe how wonderful people they are. We had some most wonderful memories in Bali, thanks to their help.
Geria Giri Shanti means "house on the hill" in Baliness. It is actually a pearl along the Bali shores. Hope I will soon have the chance to come back here and stay for longer time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you go to Amed, you really must stay at Geria Shanti. Lisa, the owner, is the most wonderful hostess and the staff are terrific. When we arrived, Lisa spent 20 minutes with us describing all the best restaurants and places to go. We were also encouraged to have cold iced tea, water of coffee whenever we wanted, free of charge. The breakfasts are included and are delicious. The rooms are surrounded by gorgeous gardens. Also, David (Lisa's partner) runs their diving school. We listened to some of his instruction and decided that if we ever want to learn to dive, we'd come back to Amed and learn from him! However, there is also very good snorkeling right off the beach by the hotel - you don't need to spend a dime to enjoy the snorkeling! Amed is a wonderful place to visit.

Room Tip: Book early, because I think they only have five rooms total.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed at Geria Giri shanti bungalows twice in the last 6 months. The surroundings are beautiful. Lush, green garden and absolutely amazing staff. From Lisel and David who are unbelievably helpful to the cooking, cleaning and greeting staff. All of them are friendly, honest and caring and will help you out with whatever you need. I can't explain how amazing this staff are.We were told places to eat, given lifts on the motorbike to restaurants, transfers were organised and all with a smile.
Lisel is so welcoming I can't wait to go back soon.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms get an amazing breeze in the afternoon!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I feel really bad because it has taken me 8 months to write this review. I genuinely do not know how to capture how amazing it is in in a review though. From day one when we entered this beautiful place me and my two friend were amazed. Liselotte greeted us and was so friendly. As we were staying over Christmas she checked what we were doing and invited us to have Christmas eve dinner with them and then threw a party on Christmas day for the guests and the locals that worked there with all food and drink included. Liselotte is like an amazing mum who cares for everyone and I genuinely felt I could go to her for anything. The rooms were amazing with lovely terraces, it was like staying in the rainforest. Breakfast was included and delicious and you can have free hot drinks all day which is so nice when you have just finished a dive. I really don't know what to write but just you have to stay here you will not regret it!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JennyL88
Reviewed July 7, 2013

As soon as we entered the gates I couldn't help but smile the complex reminded me of eat, pray love (book/movie) it was lush with green plants and the style of the rooms were magic. We were met by the beautiful owner Lesal Lotti she has such a kind and welcoming nature about her. She gave us a tour of the quant grounds and then went above and beyond by suggesting places to go, see and eat. If ever we needed anything she would organize it from food to a car transfer. The staff we kind and very helpful. The rooms were cleaned each day, with fresh towels and beds made. Washing facilities were available if needed. I would highly recommend to stay here it was clean, friendly, good central location and great value for money- thank you for having me lotti and David x

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amed
The Villas Tejakula
Bubu Racok Homestay
Bubu Racok Homestay
#3 of 72 in Amed
Bila Restaurant & Bungalows / No Fear Diving Scuba

Been to Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows? Share your experiences!