“A little garden treasure”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows
Ranked #1 of 69 Amed B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“A little garden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Our friend and local driver, Salit Arsa, booked this place for us. We loved it right away and extended our stay. Liselotte created a jungle lush garden around the beautiful and clean rooms. The staff and owners were all very friendly and helpful. We felt genuinely welcomed, safe and cared for. The breakfast is included and delicious. Free coffee and tea is available at any time during your stay. The dive school helped create a little community. And I could tell the owners were invested in helping the local community as well. If you need a driver or tour guide, ask for Salit. We enjoyed taking a sunset sail with one of the staff person on his fishing boat. Definitely get a massage next door. Of course, diving or snorkeling is a must! The beach is right across the street. Geria Giri Shanti will be our first stop whenever we return to Bali. We miss it already.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Geria Giri Shanti. As there were fully booked for our first two nights in Amed we first stayed in Kembali Beach Bungolaws (also very nice but a different budget) but moved for the third to Geria Giri Shantia as we were doing our advanced diving course with David (highly recommended!). The bungalows are simple but have everything you need, good shower, clean and wonderful wooden doors, set in a beautiiful garden. The hosts and staff couldnt be nicer. If you want to go to Amed (and you should) and whether you are a diver or not, reserve a bungalow here as you cant go wrong.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

After reading the great reviews we booked 3 nights at Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows. We ended up staying 6! Liselotte and David were the perfect hosts and we were blown away by the great service, friendly and helpful staff, and the attention to detail. Our every whim was met!

We spent three of the days doing our SSI dive course with them (Adventures Divers) and the other three days snorkelling, exploring the area and eating in excellent warungs and restaurants recommended by Liselotte.

Our room (and lovely open aired bathroom) was very comfortable and cleaned on a daily basis. The breakfasts were sumptuous and the bottomless cappuccinos were the icing on the cake.

A stay at Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows is a reason alone to visit Amed!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows when was taking my Open Water Certification course with Adventure Divers. Both are owned & operated by David & Liselotte, who are really lovely! It was very convenient for me as I was also diving with them. The accommodation was safe & clean, set in a lush garden. The property is very nice & a quick walk to my favourite restaurant in the area, Warung Enak & just a few steps away from great snorkelling right off the beach. The staff are very warm & welcoming, great to talk to. The best part about staying here though is David & Liselotte who make you feel like family. It was very hard to leave! They are the best. So much fun, great to spend time with. As soon as I arrived I was welcomed by Liselotte who showed me around the property, was quick to recommend safe & yummy places to eat.
The area itself is very quiet, there is only 1 road that runs through it. Day trips can be taken to Mount Agung & nearby cities, but transportation is required. It's a nice place to unwind & relax.
They are also very prompt at returning your emails & great at answering any questions...no matter how many you have! :)
Breakfast is also included in the room price. Fresh fruit, banana pancakes or eggs & toast. Water, tea, coffee, cappuccino are complimentary anytime! They will also refill your water bottles which is greatly appreciated. Good for the environment & wallet! :)
I loved my experience with them & hope I can return in the future.
Thanks again David & Liselotte! All the best, xo.
PS. If you are planning on diving while in Amed, dive with Adventure Divers! They are fantastic, cannot say enough about my experience with them

Room Tip: The sea view room overlooks the garden (facing the road), not really offering a view of the beach/oc...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Talia0000
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

As all experienced travelers know, a real good accommodation differs from the rest when the staff puts their heart in the guests. Eliselotte, David and all the staff definitely can bed added to that group. Always friendly, social and open for all our needs. As the best example among many Eliselotte helped me to arrange an Visa extension through their contactperson, in less than 36 hours!! That what I call service Real price worthy bungalows as well, the setting for the hostel gives you the feeling that you are in a rainforest. But be aware to book ahead, we had to move out as we did not extend our stay in time, these guys are popular to say at least, do not miss this one out!

Room Tip: The higest up from the mainstreet, but do not forget mosqito repellent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I agree with all of the other 5 star reviews. It is Liselotte and David that make the difference. After almost a year of traveling and staying in guesthouses we know that the hosts make the place! Our children were welcomed with open arms and spoiled with banana smoothies! We came for 3 days, but stayed for 6 when my husband decided to do his scuba certification. At first we thought we would have liked to stay on the beach, but we were happy for the safe, quiet atmosphere offered here, rather than being asked to buy things constantly on the beach side. The gardens are beautiful and provide a great atmosphere. One day, for the kids, Liselotte set us up at the pool across the street at an empty, unkempt guesthouse with an unused infinity pool.
You need look no further if a guesthouse is what you are looking for. This is the cleanest, best run guesthouse in Amed hands down. The staff are all extremely friendly and kind as well. Breakfast was great too! Thanks again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed with my partner at Geria Giri for Christmas 2012. We were away from home for Christmas and unsure of what we were going to do being so far away from home. Liselotte made sure that wasn't a problem. After personally showing us around Amed herself, we signed up to get our Advanced Adventurer SSI diving qualifications with David, who I found to be the most professional diving instructor I have dived with. As a result I fell much more comfortable under water. With the help of David, I unlearnt my bad habits and learnt all the right ones. For Christmas we were treated to food, songs(western and local sung by some local Balinese Boys!), dancing and good company, all organised by our gracious hosts.
Thank you Lise and Dave.
Paolo & Caroline

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amed
The Villas Tejakula
Bubu Racok Homestay
Bubu Racok Homestay
#3 of 69 in Amed
Bila Restaurant & Bungalows / No Fear Diving Scuba

Been to Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows? Share your experiences!