“perfect place to relax and dive”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows
Ranked #1 of 75 Amed B&B and Inns
Jakarta
“perfect place to relax and dive”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and from the beginning on, after the warm welcoming from Liselotte, we felt so comfortable there. The bungalows are really nice located in a beautiful green surounding and its the perfect place to relax. The bungalows incl. bathrooms are really clean and every day they give you clean blankets and clean your room. David and Liselotte make a perfect match, he cares excellent about the diving and she does a brilliant job with running the guesthouse and looking for guests. They support you in every way and you can have great laughs with them (about pictures;-))
And all this for an absolute affordable price...go for it...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The stay at Geria Giri Shanti(High House on the Hill) was one of my best experiences during my travel to Indonesia.
Apart from being a clean and a well maintained place, the hospitality has to be enjoyed and cant be described!!!
Starting with a wholesome breakfast (Eggs/pancakes and cut fruits), anytime beverages (the lemon tea was so refreshing!), to the well stocked dive shop and the experienced dive master and instructors it was truly a memorable experience.
Lisa was like a guide helping us with the local eateries, booking of cabs to shopping!
Geria Giri Shanti is not a hotel but a home away from home :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were a group of 14 people traveling across Indonesia who stayed in Giri Geria Shanti Bungalows for 3 nights. Right from the quick responses on booking queries to suggesting local restaurants to organizing private parties for us, the owners (Liselotte and David) were simply awesome! Their hospitality had no barriers & each one of us totally liked them. They organized quite a few logistics (pick-up on arrival, drop-off on departure, diving, rental mopeds) which made our stay at their property were comfortable. Their property is totally gorgeous too; the rooms / pathways are all very well designed with great attention to detail. Everyday towels were changed, rooms were cleaned; indeed a fantastic job! Their breakfast which is included on their price is simple & decent. Couple of limitations (not drawbacks) were that they only had 5 rooms & no attached restaurant for lunch / dinner.

Everything said, I would rate this stay a great value for money & a fantastic friendly stay in Amed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed with my mum and sister recently for two nights, but wish it could have been for much longer!
We did some intro diving with Adventure Divers which is run by the lovely couple who manage Geria Giri (Liselotte and David). We all had never scuba dived in our lives but the fantastic instructor/divemaster, Dony (Ketut) made the experience amazing and we have never felt so safe or comfortable doing such a scary thing!
I booked at Geria Giri for the purpose of diving after reading Tripadvisor reviews about Adventure Divers. I literally spent hours researching the best company to dive with in Bali because it is so important to feel safe doing such a potentially dangerous thing as diving. The reviews it turns out were not overstated!
Liselotte is helpful and friendly and made our entire experience in Amed a memorable one. I get warm fuzzies just thinking about our time there, I cant wait to go back!
The bungalow we stayed in was clean, comfortable and charming, the property steeped in lush balinese beauty, not to mention the banana pancakes for breakfast, the smiling staff and Liselotte's offer of providing anything we needed, any time of day. Also I didnt feel particularly well for a little bit during our stay and Liselotte arranged some lime water for me which fixed me right up!
Amed has got to be the best taste of 'real bali' you can get, it is a small village right on the ocean with great diving, beautiful warungs all down the main street (but no shopping) and although there isnt a lot of night life to speak of, the place is both tranquil and rejuvenating at the same time.
We will be going back to Geria Giri as soon as we're able to complete our dive certification and to climb the very nearby Mt Agung! Cant hardly wait!!

Room Tip: You may want to request an open air bathroom!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at Geri giri shanti mid of feb 2013 after reading the great reviews here at trip advisor. When I booked the room (via e-mail) I was staying at a different hotel and Lisalotte and David were so kind to organise my transfer from one hotel to the other. I was planning to stay for 2 nights and they only had space for 1 but offered their help to find another place once I was there. I loved them already at that point! When I got to the hotel Lisalotte was waiting for me to welcome me with a warm hug and 3 kisses!! It blew me away! In the end I ended up staying with them for 5 days instead of 2 cause it really felt like being around family and friends, I didn't wan to leave! We even went for dinner one night with them and some other guests. I've never experience such a level of customer service. Nothing was too much to ask. They helped me organising tours and transfers and also did loads of diving with them as they offer that service too at compatible prices.
I was quite disappointed with the previous hotel and Lisalotte and David definitely made me forget about it and made up for it. There's no other place where I would stay if I go back to Bali!! Miss you guys!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had a great time staying here - had a week in the bungalows and loved being surrounded by the beautiful gardens and visiting the enormous fluffy rabbits! The room was lovely, with an outdoor-style bathroom, and was cleaned daily by staff. Rooms also have fans, which I found was perfect to keep comfortably cool. Breakfast each morning was a choice of pancakes, toast, fruit, and eggs, as well as tea/coffee/water etc. It's very easy to walk around Amed, and the main store for general supplies is just a few doors away. The staff here are all amazingly friendly and helpful and will definitely make your stay just that much more enjoyable. I'd highly recommend Geria Giri Shanti to anyone travelling to Amed - personally I'm planning to get back there every month or so! Thanks to Liselotte, David, and your beautiful staff for such a brilliant holiday...now I just have to find someone at home to cook me pancakes each morning!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We only got to spend two short nights at Geria Giri Shanti, as our trip in Bali in total was only a short one. But staying there was the utmost highlight of our trip. Amed itself is so beautiful and relaxed and you get a real taste of the real Bali, which is what we were after, compared to the hustle and bustle of everywhere else. Liselotte and David (although we didn't stay long enough to spend much time with him) could not be more kind, warm, friendly and helpful. Making us feel so welcome and making us want to stay for the rest of our time in Bali! The bungalows are simple, clean and comfortable and you have everything you need on request. And Lisel told us she was available for anything we needed 24/7.

All of the staff there were extra helpful and accomodating, preparing breakfasts, lunches and refreshments. And doing whatever they could to help my sister when she was feeling unwell, and my mum when she had a sore back late at night!

Along with our lovely stay in the bungalows, my sister, mother and myself also did a two day diving course through the Adventure Divers run by Liselotte and David. Which was so exhilarating albeit a bit scary as it was our first time. But we couldn't have felt in safer hands. we did all our theory training before our dive until everyone knew what they were doing, and on the dives themselves we always had a wonderful divemaster Dony (Ketut) by our sides and were never left alone. He and another instructor helped us to remain calm and showed us what to do every step of the way, never making us do anything we weren't comfortable with.

All in all, a fantastic, GREAT value stay and am already planning to come again and stay much longer to spend time with everyone and time in beautiful Amed and its surrounds:)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jasmine B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amed
The Griya Villas and Spa
Villa Bukit Segara
Villa Bukit Segara
#2 of 75 in Amed
Bila Restaurant & Bungalows / No Fear Diving Scuba

Been to Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows? Share your experiences!