“...feels like home...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows
Ranked #2 of 76 Amed B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“...feels like home...”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

What a great stay...
I even came back a second time while I was travelling arround Bali and the Gili's. Liselotte & David with their loveley staff are doing a great, amazing job! Thanks a lot!
I just wanted to stay for a few nights but then we became friends. It really feels like home. So relaxing and loveley!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangalore
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had one of the best experiences staying with Geria Giri Bungalows. The place is clean and has a character to it. LIsa plays a perfect hostess, helping us arrange a cake for a friend's birth day, suggesting and booking excellent dinner places, taking girls shopping(and sparing the men from it ;) ). Two thumbs up for the place! Definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Amed is a good laid back place, an hour ferry ride from Gili. Has a few good diving spots near by as...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
bali
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We enjoyed a great 3 day stay with lizalott and David. The simple rooms are clean and afford excellent value for the price, but thing that sets this place ahead of so many is the way the owners
Make it so easy, ask something of them and its always yes. I did a dive with David and while I was a bit rusty he had great patience with me,and was very professional, as such we enjoyed an excellent dive. We felt very welcomed and cared for from the moment we arrived till our departure.glenn and asheyea

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Liselotte and David have transformed this cute "house on the hill" to their own little charming paradise. It is a very simple and extremely cheap to stay, but it is the small details that have made this place, hands down, one of my best accommodation experiences ever (and I have travelled across the globe!) - Liselotte gives you everything you need - from useful language tips to where to buy your essentials at local supermarkets (like purfume...). I was honoured to spend an amazing Christmas at geria giri shanti with a mix of locals and travelling guests, while we feasted on satay chicken and rice with home made indo alcohol, while singing and dancing while the locals played guitar and bongos with us. This was all organised for the guests as a gift from beautiful Liselotte! Thank you so much for such an amazing time that I will never forget!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank CarolineGT
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed January 15, 2013

First of all, I won't recommend Amed to stay, is very far away (and expensive) from and to everywhere, and there's nothing to see, at least for me. I don't have problems with that is not a turistic place, I like that, but really I didn't think is nice, starting from the beaches...like the most of beaches in Bali. I liked more Candidasa to stay.
Anyway, if you come to Amed, stay in this place...and bring cash with you cause there's no atm there.
The owner was nice, like the rest of the staff.
The bungalow was also very nice, with good balcony, fan, and open roof toilet...both, toilet and room very clean, and they also have mosquiters, as is a quite open room.
They also offer free breakfast, and it was ok.
They do diving, but I didn't try because of the weather.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 3, 2013

From the moment I contacted Geria Giri, I knew we were going to have an amazing time. Liesl and David are incredibly helpful, kind, genuine and helpful.

We were met at the airport at 11 at night and driven to Geria Giri... the driver was excellent. If you have driven from Denpasar to Northern Bali, you know it is very easy to get carsick and can be unpleasant. We got there safely and quickly. Because we were arriving so late, Liesl called and spoke to me on the driver's cell phone. She assured me we could eat breakfast at whatever time we woke up and not to worry about a thing!

We met Liesl at breakfast the next day. She was smiling, warm and friendly amidst being incredibly busy! She always gave you the time of day.

We had a pleasant bungalow. We were given an extra fan and were able to relax on the porch reading and jamming to some tunes.

Liesl had told us where to eat, snorkel, swim and where not to. She is very aware of her surroundings and is so helpful.

We will certainly be back! This was a great segway to the Gili Islands... relaxing and convenient.

Thank you Geria Giri!!!

Room Tip: Request a double bed
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here mid November 2012. We should have written a review earlier but our experiences are echoed in the other reviews. Lisolette was the perfect hostess and David the perfect dive master. It's their friendliness and the extra niceties, such as letting us check out late and making us up a fruit smoothie on the house (already you get free tea and coffee) that really sets this place apart from other guesthouses we have stayed in during our 4 months of travelling so far. The price of a room was great value as was the diving, which is a must!!! Snorkelling just off the beach too. The location doesn't get better than this either. We've recommended this place to many people along our travels as we can't rate it highly enough for both the accommodation and the diving.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Louisebrindle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amed
The Griya Villas and Spa
#1 of 76 in Amed
Bubu Racok Homestay
Bubu Racok Homestay
#3 of 76 in Amed

Been to Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows? Share your experiences!