“A Home from Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows
Ranked #1 of 79 Amed B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I loved my time here, and my only regret is that I couldn't stay for longer.
Initially I had only intended to go to Amed for 3 nights and two days to do a couple of fun dives, and try and persuade my mam to rediscover diving after a 24 year break. However, I immediately felt at ease in Amed, and my mam and I were treated like royalty by David and Lisa - nothing was too much trouble; the staff were so friendly and attentive. So after a brief jaunt to Legian, I went straight back to Amed and extended my stay for a further 5 nights.

The bungalows are immaculately clean, have a wonderful traditional feel, and are amazing value for money, especially when a good hearty breakfast is included in the rate. The little garden is beautifully kept, and being around the dive shop with other like minded people, both divers and non divers, was fantastic!

Lisa and David really made me feel at home, as they seem to do with all the guests, and it was so sad to leave. They offer such a relaxed and personal experience, and really take time to get to know their guests.

The dive shop, managed by David, is fantastically run, offering a variety of fantastic dives in the local area. Each site is unique and provides a variety of conditions and environments that can be appreciated by (or challenge) divers of all abilities. David is and excellent instructor and makes you feel confident and at ease in the water. He even managed to get my mam in ther water and diving, and she was adamant she was not going to do it. She ended up having one of the best experiences of her life. I did 12 dives in Amed, including my Advanced Adventurer course, and if I had the money I would have done many many more!

I can't rate my stay here highly enough, and as soon as I can afford to return, I will!

I imagine in 10 years time Amed will be overrun with tourists, instead of being the little peice of paradise it is now. Get here now while it's still a highly prized secret, and make sure you stay at Geria Giri Shanti!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Phil H
There are newer reviews for Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows

Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed five nights at Geria Giri Shanti. We had a wonderful time there. The new owners, Liese and David, are wonderful hosts. Liese has an impressive background in the hotel industry, which shows, and David runs the Dive Shop in the smoothest manner. Giri Shanti's location is very good, near the village of Amed, just off Jemeluk Beach and some very good snorkeling and diving. Our bungalow was squeaky clean; we had fresh towels and sheets each day, and the garden surrounding the bungalows was exquisite. Kamong's snorkel equipment rental was very reasonable - cheaper than anyone else's I found. A nice breakfast accompanied the room, which was a very good rate, given the location of the bungalows and how attractive they are. The open air bathroom has been mentioned elsewhere - I adored it.
all in all, other places just haven't measured up. Recommended without reservation.

1  Thank LeilaSeattle
Reviewed May 27, 2012

First we only wanted to go diving with David at adventure divers amed, but his wife Lisa was so levely and friendly that we decided to move to their homestay.
The rooms are very clean, the bathroom is open air, their stuff is very helpfull and Lisa has a lot to tell about her experiences in Hotel business.

Thank you Lisa and David for the two days at your new home!!!
We´ll come back!!!

Eike and Alex from Germany!

1  Thank e-kleinert
Reviewed May 26, 2012

It's a brilliant place and great value besides. Our shoulder season rate of 15 euros included breakfast (banana pancakes or eggs and toast, plus a fruit plate and tea or coffee) and slow but usable wifi. Even in high season the rate is still only 17 euros. Our room was spacious and genuinely attractive. The bed was big and comfortable, with a mosuito net if you needed it (we never did). The spotless attached bathroom had one corner open to the sky with a big potted fern drinking in the sunlight. Frangipani flowers fell into the bathroom daily.

Speaking of daily, the room was cleaned, the bed remade and fresh towels (good quality IKEA towels) provided each day without our having to request this service.

The bungalows are across the road from the beach; there can be some traffic noise during the day, but at night it was never a problem.

The owners, Liselotte and David, have only been running the place for a few weeks, but they're throughly on top of it. Liselotte is totally sparkling and fun and infinitely helpful. On our first full day, she learned I preferred my coffee with sweetened condensed so the next day, on a grocery run to Kuta, she picked some up for me. We didn't dive (we're snorkelers) but David, who runs the dive operation struck as infinitely patient, encouraging, helpful and likable.

The staff were uniformly friendly, cheerful and helpful. I've got to especially mention Komang, the housekeeping manager; he's a delight. He and his wife also own the outstanding Warung Enak cafe, down the road a bit. We ate most meals there.

Really, this is just about as good as budget loding gets. There are only five rooms, so definitely book ahead to avoid disappointment.

2  Thank BallardBeaver
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed here on our honeymoon in May and had an amazing time. Lisa and David who have recently taken over the running of the place were really friendly and accommodating. David is a very competent dive master who put me at ease and helped my wife do a trial dive which she thoroughly enjoyed despite being very apprehensive at first. His knowledge of the local marine life was also very impressive and interesting. I did a 'dive safari' which consisted of 6 dives which was very good value for money and was lucky to see a reef shark, a sea horse and a turtle amongst many other things. The accommodation was comfortable and immaculately clean (cleaned to a high standard every day without fail) Lisa, David and all the staff were very friendly and helpful and because it is a small place we got to know them all and it felt very personal. The only small drawback was the lack of air-conditioning, although the do have fans. The location was also good, within walking distance of a great number of restaurants and several shops. The beach directly across the road also offers some really good snorkelling. Would recommend this place to anybody visiting Amed.

1  Thank MrFury
Reviewed May 14, 2012

These bungalows are a great option for those visiting Amed and wanting something very relaxed and friendly. It's also a great option for keen divers as there is dive centre attached. The bungalows themselves are of a decent size, clean, and airy. There is free wifi, though a little patchy. The free breakfast is the standard offered around Bali (yummy banana pancakes or eggs and bread). It is located across from the beach, with a decent selection of local warungs (small local eateries) to pick from.

Liselotte and David who run the dive centre and bungalows are really sweet. I think there are only 5 bungalows on offer, so that makes the whole service very personal and friendly. I did 4 dives with them over 2 days. On one of the days I was the only guest diving, and they still took me out and made sure I had an awesome time. The price is competitive and the sea life is plentiful!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank spacerabbits
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in january for 5 nights,we had an amazing stay,the staff went out of their way to get you everything you needed,the place is very clean,our room was cleaned everyday with fresh linnen,the beds are comfy and the bungalows are typical balinese.The location is great,handy for exploring the Amed coastline.They have their own dive operation on site which we found very professional and provided the highlight of our trip!! Breakfast was of good quality and the garden we founded just stunning ;) If you come to Amed to relax,good diving and great accomodation then Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows is definitely the place to stay! we hope to come back soon!

Room Tip: we liked the family-room,just in the middle of the garden
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank divebear
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amed
Blue Moon Villas
#3 of 79 in Amed
Bubu Racok Homestay
Bubu Racok Homestay
#2 of 79 in Amed

Been to Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows? Share your experiences!