“Terrible Place - don't mix up with the nicer Jugung Dive!”
Review of Jukung Bali

Jukung Bali
Ranked #31 of 86 Specialty Lodging in Amed
Germany
“Terrible Place - don't mix up with the nicer Jugung Dive!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Worst place I have been on Bali for years. Don't waste your money with coming to this place. There're much more nicer places for same price. The whole resort has seen much better times.
We stayed in the two floor building. Room on ground level smelled like mold! Cables of lamp was hanging out of the wall. Both rooms werw dirty & discusting. Open-air bath rooms were unkept, same the whole gardenof the resort.
Toilet seat on upper floor was broken.
If you want to spend nice days - do not come to this place. Before leaving after one night in moldy rooms we left without breakfast.
Don't mix it up with Jugung Dive - another nicer hotel not far from this one.
I don't expect a luxury place - I just want clean and welcoming rooms to sleep in.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank frank_cgn

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Wonderful room, great hosts, good food and a dream like location. If I ever come back to Bali, I will certainly stay at this place again. I haven't been in the pool, so I can't really judge it, but it looked good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank WillieplusMillie
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Jukung Bali Bungalows Amed, once 5 years ago, and now with our 3 year old child. We were made very welcome whilst still being given our privacy. This small complex is simple with well laid out rooms. While we could manage without air conditioning 5 years ago, on this trip I should have chosen there room that does have air conditioning. I think Nov/Dec is a reasonably warm period and the extra heat on our 3 year old didn't help.The snorkeling is good straight from the beach edge, apparently there is a resident turtle close by too. But for even more colour visit the Japanese wreak about 6 km south. Also try the Japanese food at Aquaterrace close to the Japanese Wreck. Would recommend to those who like to be closer to nature, with lovely gardens and the beach. Great value accommodation.

Room Tip: All four rooms have view of the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank nhocks
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at Seaview 1, a bungalow with ceilingfan (250k). Friends of us stayed in the only airco bungalow (300k).
Great and clean bungalows with a refrigerator, nice bed and fancy open-air bathroom.
Bungalows are directly located on the beach. Breakfast is included. Snorklinggear (35k) and motorbikes (50k) are for rent. Very nice staff!

Tip: Try Warung Enak for diner (10 minutes walk). They use mineral water for cooking!
Rent a motorbike and head for the japanese or the US Cargo shipwreck for a snorkling session.

Room Tip: Try Seaside 1 for the most fancy location.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marktol
Petrie
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was picked up for 400,000 rp from my Legian accommodation by a staff member and stayed in Seaview 1 for 5 days, Good location, on the beach with snorkeling possible right out front. There's a supermarket opposite and plenty of restaurants within walkind distance. Great included breakfast brought to your bungalow. Loved the indoor/outdoor bathroom, cold water only. There is an outdoor shower among the lovely gardens which is warm through the day as the pipes are in the sun. Only downside was a friendly gecko that used to sound off in the bedroom through the night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sandy_petrie
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I made beautiful dives every single day. Great staff and information for day trips. Close to other restaurants and a nice snorkeling reef and. I recommend Jukung Dive for all kinds of families, the staff is very nice and therefor you will always have a lot of fun.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jojekker
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2012

we read the reviews and thought the trip to amed was going to be amazing. we show up, the actual bedroom and the patio was okay. the outdoor bathroom was disgusting. The toilet didnt flush properly so you had to keep on filling it up with water, horrible for night time and with it being open and outdoors you dont want to not flush it horrible for night time. the sink also didnt have a pipe on the bottom so all the water that came out would splash directly onto your feet. We complained and they kept on saying that they were going to fix it. After being there for an hour i was so upset my partner and i went next door to see if they had an available room there. Which they did, we came back grabbed our bags and apologized advised we were not satisfied with the room. Costing 50.00 USD it was definetly not worth it. The guy got super upset i thought he was going to punch my partner, kept on saying that we couldnt leave. I told him that when we booked this the owner said there was no cancellation fee. He called me a liar and said he wanted proof. I told him to take me somewhere with internet since they dont have any and id be more than happy to show him my emails. He was so angry and kept on saying they kicked the people prior out because we were coming etc. at the end of the day we had to pay for 1 night. 50.00 USD to be able to leave.

We ended up staying at Puri Wirata for the same amount and it had an infinity pool, way better staff. this cottage or whatever you want to call it, is definetly not worth a penny.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amed
Galang Kangin Bungalows
#48 of 86 in Amed
Bamboo Bali
Bamboo Bali
#15 of 74 in Amed

Been to Jukung Bali? Share your experiences!