“Aquaterrace Ocean Spa in Amed Bali”

Bed & Breakfast Aquaterrace
Ranked #6 of 79 Amed B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Arrived the night before at Amed after hell drive with maniac driver. We did not stay here but the next day to get rid of jetlag, 3 hours in a car with fangio and just feeling generally knackered we booked in for the Signature Body Massage for 90 minutes. 2 for one special $15 each Aus. It was clean, brand new and had a hill top ocean view. It is next door to the b & b but the pool water feature drowns out ambient noise. The 2 Balinese women were professional, skilful and very strong. They really knew how to zero in on all those tortured computer desk muscles. Felt chilled out afterwards and will go back for more. They have on the menu facials, feet, Japanese acupressure, head massage with menthol (a must if you have not tried). I paid the equivalent of $20 each as I felt they deserved it. The discount was for construction but I never heard anything.
Very very good massage as only the Balinese can do.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heleconiaGeelong

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this B&B for one night last year... we wish we had stayed longer!! We booked the more superior room and although the bathroom does need to be renovated, we couldn't complain for the price we paid... and from what I can see, the owners have updated and extended the B&B to include another couple of rooms and a pool!! Which I wish was there last time I stayed. Amed is a beautiful area and the Aquaterrace is a great place to stay there. I do recommend hiring a motorbike when staying at a place like Amed... it is a long stretch between restaurants and shops... I mean long!! The food at Aquaterrace is fantastic!! Food that sounds so simple are cooked so beautifully. There is one thing I know I will never be able to find elsewhere and that's the crunchy strawberry icecream! Try it! Even if it is just for one night, you must stay at Aquaterrace... one thing you will never forget is the view in the morning when the sun rises over the ocean horizon and the colourful fishing boats come back from their morning catch. We will be back soon!!

Room Tip: Pay extra for the good rooms and make sure you're up at sunrise to watch the boats!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I decided to stay here as soon as look at some pictures on the web. I stayed here for 4 days and now I would like to stay again. The location is amazing. You just can see only horizon of the sea and the sky from your room balcony. When I stayed here, I could forget everything about troublesome of my life and enjoyed relaxed time.
The breakfast and all food of there restaurant are great. The staff and cats are so lovely.
I'm very happy with everything about this place and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2012

After reading all the reviews on Trip Advisor, i booked Aquaterrace in Feb for our vacations in August, 2012. Overall i have a mixed, good and average experience during our stay. Lets discuss the good side first

1- Location is by far the biggest strength of this B&B.
2- Staff overall was very efficient and helpful. Kudos to all!
3- The quality of food was up to the mark. We had our two dinners at Aquaterrace and found it delicious and fulfilling however their serving is way too small as compared to the standard serving of any good resturant

Now coming to the improvement areas

1- The B&B selective furniture/ washroom amenities are in a dilapidated condition particularly the bath tub is in quite bad condition. Also the wash basin installed in a way that the water will flow down and make the floor wet. However, i saw some newly installed wooden wardrobes in room which entails that certain improvement are being made in the room.

2- The hotel over charges for the additional services such as Motor bike rent and snorkeling equipment i.e. in my case when i tried renting a bike, bike owner asked me 50k IDR while the hotel staff in their local language asked the bike owner to ask for 60k as that is hotels standard rate to rent a bike. Doesn`t sound nice to me at all!

3- The lights are very very dodgy both in room as well as wash room. The owner needs to immediately change it with some better one

4- Daily after sunset we sae zillions of Lizards outside the terrace and even on the couch lying on the terrace. Doesn`t give very nice feel, especially if you want to sit in the terrace at night. The room also have 2 permanent resident "Lizards" :)

5- The additional breakfast for our daughter comprises of 3 half slice bread, fried egg and coffee/tea costed us 60k IDR in that amount we could have gotten better choice/range in any hotel/restaurant

6- The last but not least point which offended me was during the check out bill clearance i was asked to pay additional amount on the Juices which we were considered to be part of the complimentary dinner (3 nights package), also to pay additionally for the juice which was brought as part of the additional breakfast (60k IDR already charged). The car condition of the complimentary drop off (part of 3 nights package)to airport was simply worst, battery was almost dead and it stopped at a signal where i had to push the car for self start, though i voluntarily offered my service to save time :)

The owners is a nice lovely couple which is working hard to improve the standard of their B&B and am sure all these areas of improvement would be taken in consideration

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank BilalRashid
aquaterrace, オーナー at Bed & Breakfast Aquaterrace, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for your staying with us and the honest opinion.
Yes, it is the time to renovate our bathroom in spacious terrace room .
Just now Oct 2012 we are renovating the room.
and demolishing our simple bungalow and building 2 more new larger room ,a swimming pool
We will open April 2013 as the New Aquaterrace.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Is the right place if you wanna to be apart from the tourist area were all the warungs are middle level and the price higher. This cozy place is owned by a local guy married with a japanese lady from Osaka. Every dishes is carefully made. Exellent food, very nice view, stilish place with a japanese touch and preciseness. Best place in Amed.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We so enjoyed out stay at aquaterrace. There is a stunning view - even from their less expensive room (the simple bungalow) which we stayed in. Though it did not have AC, the straw roof and fan kept it comfortable even in the daytime. The staff took care of our every need! We came for their three night package which also included afternoon tea/ dessert. It was a highlight. The staff were all so attentive and they have everything you need to enjoy the day in amed - bike rentals and snorkel gear. Amed itself is stunning and away from the touristy areas of Bali so very safe and tranquil. The snorkelling was also amazing - crystal clear water. To top it all off it was also a really budget friendly option! I highly recommend and will definitely try to make it back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janelle21
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We spent three nights in the upstairs terrace room on our first trip to Bali. We arrived late (midnight) and still had a friendly welcome to our accomodation.

The room itself is basic but nicely furnished with a comfortable large bed, lockable wardrobes, dining table and chairs, and window seats. There is a bar fridge with very cheap drinks in it and air con. The upstairs room has a beautiful terrace with sun lounge on it which you can use to watch the sunrise over the fishing boats out on the ocean, or just relax on during the day. The bathroom was a good size with a massive window next to the bath shower which overlooked the sea, however this room is a bit worn and could do with better ventilation and lighting.

The views from this room are magnificent and they are matched by the service and friendliness of the family and staff at aqua terrace. They all went out of there way to assist us during our stay.

The last thing to mention is the food. Aqua terrace have their own kitchen and serve a mix of Japanese and Indonesian food and drinks. The quality was exceptional and very cheap compared to other nearby places. Breakfast was included and was always top quality too.

I would definitely recommend this accomodation an stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012