- immaculately kept gardens and villa grounds
- beautiful butterflies dancing feasting on flowers in garden
- decent sized pool that is chlorinated
- proximity to coral reef
- no safe and rooms locked by padlock and key.
- No TV (nice to have the option for some entertainment for the kids at night)
- miscellaneous deficiencies (Villa 24 shower that won't drain, toilet that stinks of sewer, mini fridge that won't keep cold and half the size of other units + Villa 23 aircon that froze over)
- groups of local men gather by the main street (alongside the fence) gambling and drinking during the day and well into the night on 2 of the 4 days that we stayed at this property.
- it seems that the manager is on site only 1 hour of the day 10-11am
- staff was mostly professional, but the lack of English skills coped with the indifferent management team is a major impediment to making these villa one of the best in Amed. We end up tipping each and everyone of the service staff at the end of the trip and ZERO to management.
- villas doors that won't close allowing flies and lots of mosquitoes into the sleeping quarters
- breakfast that is included is good (coffee/tea, juice, fruits, eggs & toast, fried rice/noodle/pancake) but unfortunately the dinning experience is completely ruined by the 30-50 flies hovering around the table. We indicated to the staff and wondered why, and the head waiter indicated that it was fly season and there was nothing he could do about it (at least please make an effort to kill them while the dinning room is empty... which is 95% of the time?). Again this speaks to the lack of leadership by management to take the extra mile. They ended up using an exterminator in the last day of our stay (better late than never) but do try to avoid meal times when fogging the compound...
- pool towel stealing guests. My wife checked out 3 towels and found out that one went "missing" from the pool side loungers. Management basically told us to take a hike and charged us 200k for the stolen towel. Nice scam going on... so WATCH YOUR TOWELS!
We have travelled all over the world with our family and never have I come across such indifference from hotel management. We are not penny pitching guests by any means (spent the equivalent of our hotel rooms on F&B and massages on the first day alone. Due to the indifference and lack of customer service recovery by Mr Made Audie, our entire family of 7 changed our minds on upgrading to more luxurious rooms (to escape from the bugs), avoided dining at the hotel restaurant, avoided villa massage ladies etc... Conservatively we estimated that the hotel lost over 4 million rupee which we ended up spending elsewhere.
-we would recommend this villa to penny pinching tourists who will tolerate bugs, loud local nightlife and indifferent management in exchange for proximity to coral reef (June-Sept is the best time to visit as the waves and rip current is too strong for safe snorkelling)
- we would warn people who value peace and quiet, well managed properties or have an aversion to unreasonable amounts of flies and mosquitoes to avoid this place like the plague.
- we will not return and will stay at the Bali Bhuana Beach Cottages which is on the same beach as Hidden Paradise (same mgt as Coral View) since it is managed by a nice Balinese man, has great rooms and a good restaurant at half the price of it's neighbours.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Coral View Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral View Villas Hotel Amed
- Coral View Villas Amed, Bali