“Great location, snorkel fantastic coral garden and reef fish off hotel beach”

Puri Wirata Dive Resort and Spa Amed
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Amed
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great location about 3km south of Amed town 10min drive to both Japanese ship wreck and Jemeluk dive sites. You can snorkel off rocky hotel beach - start at right edge of property, 10-20 metres out and less than 1 meter deep already is beautiful coral gardens and reef fish - careful you dont step on them and ruin them. Infinity pool primary designed for dive instruction so quite deep. Friendly staff. Wifi in public areas but limited number of ports (ie iif other people are logged on you might not get to - we were there low season with less than 50% occupancy and still members of our group sometimes couldnt get on) and limited upload speeds so while you can see and hear your party on Skype or FaceTime, they can't really see or hear you. Room aircon was just a bit underpowered but does work. definitely use the mosquito net on the bed. Only other minor complaint is that food service is a bit slow but home made bread and nasi goreng is very good.
5 star paid dive shop Bali Reef Divers on site reviewed elsewhere.

Room Tip: We had rooms 1 and 2 they were great with big ocean view porch.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank californiawithkids

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We chose to stay here for 5 nights after doing lots of research on tripadvisor and the hotel did not disappoint. In fact we were delighted with our choice. In booking this hotel I had to make sure it was safe and there was a nice pool for my girlfriend to sit around whilst I went off diving. Puri Wirata delivered on this with not only one pool but two beautifully located pools that were a dream to relax around. She also got to use the spa on a number of occasions which she said was great.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable and cleaned daily. Our room had a TV and mini bar and a lovely balcony with a sun bed and a 4 poster bed on it overlooking the pool and sea. Absolutely stunning.

During our 5 days we didn't eat anywhere else other than the hotel, which is not something I normally do but the food was so good there that there was no need to leave. It was quite a trek to anywhere else anyway, I would definitely recommend renting a bike if you want to explore a bit.

We used the hotel to arrange transport and a guide to climb Mt Agung volcano which was an amazing experience but not one for the faint hearted. The guide who was arranged for us though was amazing and ended up literally dragging us to the top in time for the sun rise. The whole thing ended up costing us 1.4 million which at first I thought was quite steep until I climbed the volcano. That was steep!

My one criticism though was the dive shop. On arrival at 16.00 I was told that the dives for the next day were all fully booked up. This isn't a major issue but when I had specifically booked this hotel so I could dive with them and been in contact with them to let them know this I felt a bit let down. Maybe they should have said that they were busy in their e mail and that I should have booked specific dive times. I got the feeling that they were catering more to those on courses. In the end however everything worked out fine and I got to do some amazing dives with the nearby Euro Dive who were great and even picked me up in the mornings from the hotel. I would definitely recommend them.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LankaManc
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed there for 4 nights and enjoyed it very much.
The room was absolutely great (i hade the master villa)
It was very spacious, with a fantastic terrace. Everyting was very clean.

The staff is really friendly and helpfull, and most of them are quite knowledgable.

Th breakfast is not what one might expect in this type of hotel in Amed. They are apparently trying to save on things that don't cost much.
The food is in the restaurant is ok, but not excellent. Portions are fine.
Unfortunately lots of mistakes are made in the orders, but on the other hand they fix it with a smile.

Youcan snorkel righ off the beach in front of the hotel. Starting off to the right was the best option i found.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We spend 3 days in à Deluxe room with a nice view on the ocean. The room was huge, with AC, safetybox, hot water, and terrace. The room was clean and quiet but the decoration a bit old-fashioned. The shower did not flow out very well. There are 2 pools in the hotel, one for the diver and one classic, with both ocean view. The food at the restaurant was ok. We had à pleasant time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Good:
Easy access to beautiful reefs & snorkeling via beach (right in front of hotel).
Hotel grounds / garden well maintained.
Deluxe room / bathroom are spacious with comfortable bed and pillows.
Short walk to Bali Reef Divers - if you want to scuba dive.
Friendly and accomodating staff.
Friendly and well-priced airport <--> hotel Taxi transfers.

Not so good:
Floor was dusty - I am used to walking barefoot in the room.
Lighting was insufficient and dim in the room.
For the price, authentic Bali/Indo food was not the best I have tasted.

Room Tip: If you plan to snorkel off the beach a lot - Choose rooms near the front desk / restaurant / pool (2...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Located right on the ocean the loudest noise you hear is waves. Two beautiful pools and lovely rooms with the most comfortable bed I've had in Bali. We were happy to just stay and eat here for 5 nights and I hit a very high level of relaxation. The staff are wonderful, Kadek is the best waitress in training I have ever seen and male Ketut performed as if it was the Ritz. Wayan and Ilu are very funny and female Ketut and the rest of the staff are all beautiful and professional. I will be recommending to my friends and returning to this gem.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MerryYumYum
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a fantastic stay in this hotel! Staf was very friendly, rooms were perfect, all with seeview. The Belgium management of the hotel and divecentre were very professional. Diving in Amed is perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect with seeview.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family