Baliku Dive Resort
$15
$163
$119
Travelocity
Alami Resort and Restaurant(Amed)(Great Value!)
$29
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Blue Moon Villas(Amed)
$134
All reviewsjapanese wreckthe ownerthe complimentary afternoon tealittle touchesviews are stunningday bedvillage lifehuge bedfishrestaurant areaprivate terracesmall villagelovely spotliberty wreckyogurtreal baliamazing place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I have stayed several times at Baliku Dive resort since my first visit to Bali - and I have recommended it to all my friends when they go to Bali as well. It is just wonderful! The villas are beautiful (the beds are HUGE!), the view to the ocean one way, and the mountain (which I love!) the other, is just stunning, and overall the complex is so peaceful and serene. If you cannot relax here, there is little hope I fear! The staff are very polite and happy to help with any request, and Donna, the owner, welcomes everyone personally, and makes everyone feel as if they are an old friend. And this isn't even starting on the food! - I think I have sampled almost everything on the menu...if you are wanting excellent food and excellent portions (I find it very hard to fit in the dessert...but of course always manage :) then I can highly recommend everything (the crab nori rolls, and steak though maybe my favourites). If you are in Amed, then there is no better place I feel and I hope you have as wonderful time in Baliku, as I always do.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank am2010_04
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Fantatic rooms with an amzing view and the manager, Donna, is very nice and will make sure your journey will be perfect! the restaurant of the hotel is very good too.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Be advised! The Baliku Boutique Resort may not honor your reservation—even if you book directly with the owner who is a native English speaker. Here’s what happened to us in July 29-Aug 3, 2010.
We called on Sunday from Ubud and spoke to the owner who checked her computer schedule and returned our call to confirm a booking for a two-room family room for three nights starting on Wednesday. We called on Monday morning and requested an additional day—Tuesday. This time we spoke to a gentleman whose English was very poor so our Balinese hostess spoke to him. He confirmed the extra night availability in the Balinese language. I called later that day to get directions and spoke to the owner who said there was no room available on Tuesday, but she would try to find another accommodation for us that night. She described a room in her friend’s hotel farther up the hill away from the beach with one bed and a trundle bed which I declined. She reconfirmed our Baliku reservation starting Wed. for three nights. We drove to Amed and found a nearby hotel (the Hidden Paradise) for Tuesday night. I made a courtesy call to the Baliku owner and told her we had found another place for Tuesday night and we looked forward to coming to her hotel the next day. She invited us to come to her hotel for dinner that evening, which we declined. About two hours later a gentleman from the Baliku came to our room at Hidden Paradise to tell us there had been a mistake—the rooms we booked had been double booked and he was sorry there was no room at the Baliku for us, but we could stay at the owner’s friend’s hotel!!! Fortunately the wonderful Hidden Paradise Hotel adjusted their schedule to accommodate us and we had a fabulous four nights there—right on the beach. We were subsequently told by many knowledgeable Balinese that they had never heard of a hotel in Bali refusing to honor a reservation.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bgpollack
Reviewed August 25, 2010

superb host in Donna, great food, japanese shipwreck straight out in front with snorkel hire etc, horizon pool, massage available at good price, views to die for, each villa unique and excellent, price reasonable for what you get, not in the hustle and bustle area, wonderful staff, transport if needed, village in front, boats to hire for sail or fishing, 10 minute walk back to Lipah if needed, thanks donna for the gamelon orchestra and dancers and the kilogram chocolate cake, we will be back asap roly and crew from Aussie

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2010

the first thing that has to be said is that Amed is not like the rest of bali and therein lies its charm for many people. What has to be recognised that the difference in attitude and pace also means that some of the features we expect from our holiday experience will not be found. Amed is very laid back and the staff at hotels tend to reflect the way that tourism is still a relatively limited phenomenon. Language skills are very limited at times and this can be a problem for some travellers used to areas like kuta and sanur.
With that out of the way I have to say that the Baliku was a wonderful experience in every sense. Donna went out of her way to accomodate our needs and interests and the hotel's rooms and amenities were excellent.
You can find cheaper accomodation but the size and quality of the villas is hard to match. My only real criticism is that the meals were sometimes disappointing. My husbands pork dish had only a few pieces of meat for example and the food was often a little to bland in the land of spices for me. The bbqued fish however was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple