All reviews budget hotel stayed here new building within walking distance water dispenser affordable price an overnight stay air conditioner recommended hotel noodles tea and coffee place to stay one night wi fi kfc toilet supermarket
Reviewed August 7, 2018

The short 3-night stay was my first for the hotel and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room and friendliness of the front desk staff. The breakfast was ok with slightly different selection of local cuisine on each morning - fried rice and fried noodles on one morning and yellow rice and thick noodles on another morning. Though the air conditioner could have been quieter, it did not bother me much at night, and I would definitely stay there again on my next trip.

By the way, within 30 metres left of the hotel is a wonderful cafe that serves a large variety of coffees as well as local cuisines.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank SingaporeHO
Reviewed June 17, 2018

We stayed in this hotel 4-5 times over the last 6 years, the rooms havane't changed a lot and are pretty small, so a lot iof improvisation is needed when you are travelling with 2 big suitcases.
Staff is welcoming, helpful and professional as always. Good laundry service.
We were pleasantly surprised to see the restaurant having relocated to the first floor.
Also the quality of the breakfast buffet has greatly improved.
We'll be back next time when in Ambon !

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank avdij
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Been staying here a while back, this time I chose this hotel again. First night I stayed at room 517 (old building) but the air conditioner somehow not properly cooling the room, so the next 2 nights they assigned me to room 520 (new building) slightly bigger room and cooler. Both room have no nice view from the window. As usual this hotel is clean and with ample sized room. Very basic but sufficient. Breakfast mainly of Indonesian and local foods, however, at approximately $35 a night, breakfast included, this place will always be my choice to stay in Ambon. This place also strategically located in the city. Tips: choose a room at the new building and ask for good view from the window.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Suria_Nataadmadja
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Price is quite cheap, room is clean enough and spacious. the breakfast is just ok. It also in the middle of the city so you can just walk around if you want to try some place to eat and coffee. Its near to kopi joas also.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank IvanaH176
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Actually this is my 3rd times to stay in Amaris hotel & before I stay in Amaris but difference city. For me, Amaris hotel Ambon it was the nicest one compare the other Amaris , I stay in room 321 , the room is quite big for couple, AC running well, my room was clean & toilet also clean & big compare the others amaris. And I think They also put affordable price for backpackers :)

Date of stay: March 2018