All reviews rubber plantation chittar lake infinity pool western ghats view of the lake lily pond outdoor shower the resort offers relaxing holiday the cottages indoor and outdoor games ayurvedic massage natural beauty trivandrum airport amazing resort kanyakumari district pool side
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2018

I spent a month is south India staying and the most renowned hotels. When I picked this spot online prior to our visit this location was the only one on our list that I was concerned about, because it looked too good to be true. What we discovered upon our arrival was beyond my expectations. We were first warmly welcomed and ushered through a vast array of blooming flowers to a cottage with a striking view. The cottage was of old world charm on the outside and held with in every modern convenience. The cottage was clean, decorated in a clean and modern style, the bathroom a glorious indoor outdoor experience. The bed was comfortable, the AC worked despite the oppressive heat of the day and the square footage roomy and peaceful. A trip to the restaurant boasted delicious food in a tranquil setting with staff eager to meet your needs with a view so grand you can hardly believe your eyes. You can sit for hours and watch the ever changing beauty; a serene lake, glassy flats and towering mountains a scene made even more magical by the abundance of eagle flying above. The property is well maintained, lotus ponds flank the buildings, the rubber trees create shade and the array of flora is astounding. You would be hard pressed to count the variety of flora on the property. Most memorable to me above all this beauty was the staff and my special time with Mena (the owners mother). Mena and I had the chance to chat over lunch and she offered to show me a technique she uses to relax after hearing that I have trouble sleeping. To this day I implement Mena's technique every night, I have shared it with anyone I learn suffers from sleep issues. Mena's advice changed my life by helping me drift off to peaceful sleep and it is incredible to think that her kindness is with me still. I highly recommend this place. You will not be sorry.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
muneera65, Business Development Manager at Anantya Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for choosing Anantya Resorts for your recent vacation to South India and also for sparing time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

Team at Anantya deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to receive such a delightful feedback.

We sincerely appreciate your wonderful words for the team and the property . We, truly believe that guests such as yourself make our resort special, giving it heart and soul and are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality and our endeavour remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to our Director Mrs Meena Ramachandran and she send your her best greetings and a big 'Thank you'

Team at Anantya will always look forward to meeting you again.

Warm Regards

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

What an experience!!! I am a complete travel over and have travelled all over the world and within India but this one has no comparison. Straight from heaven location, beautiful decor of villa, and excellent dining. Full marks!!! Can not sign out without saying a big thank u to GM Mr Kanan and owner Mrs Laxmi who made us feel very special and had persona louche to everything A must stay place

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
muneera65, Business Development Manager at Anantya Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your ovewhelming review.It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with Anantya Resorts, and we would always look forward to meeting you and offering the best of services on all you future visits.Your gracious comment have been conveyed to both , Mrs.
Lakshmy and Mr Kannan.
Team at Anantya will always look forward to meeting you again.
Warm regards

Reviewed July 4, 2018

Anantya is the best resort i have been to till date. its very well designed and has a character of its own. They really make you feel that you are in the midst of nature. Their cottages with Jacuzzi & cottages with private pools are awesome. you are provided with full privacy at all times during your staff. the Staffs are very friendly and the food is expensive but still good. Their spa service is also good, already recommended to lot of my friends. It was a wonderful stay and we were not wanting to come back. Waiting to go back again some time later.

Room tip: Best rooms are the ones with private pools
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2018

This was suggested by a friend who had stayed there and we were 5 friends who took the the trip.

Accessibility is very easy through either train or flight. The resort provides pick up and drop facilities.

As for the rooms, they are spacious, clean and could easily accommodate 3 adults. They provide toiletries and finally, I saw a hotel which has the toilet and bathroom separately. Apart from this, at the SIDHI COTTAGE facility, there is also an outdoor shower which is open to sky and is private.

The room itself is situate separately with an independent gate and is very private. The small compound also has a sit out overlooking the river. and this is their best part. The view is just awesome and is worth all the money paid. There is also room service and the staff are generally good but needs a bit more training.

The food was fairly good but the spread for the buffet must be better. But taste wise it was comfortable and nothing to complain.

There is a lovely infinite pool and a spa with indoor and outdoor facilities to keep you occupied. The pool was well maintained and was a treat espcially with the weather. Spa was great according to my friends.

Weather is not that great considering it is plains. We assumed that there would be rain and it would be great but weather not co-operating this place would lose half the charm. Winters and rainy season would be double treat.

In sum, a good place to stay for a few days. In sidhi cottages if you have a choice ask for romms 4 to 8 rather than 1 to 3.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Sathish K
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Anantya is the best resort I had ever been to. The cottages are spacious and very clean with beautiful view of the lake. The service is excellent and food at the restaurant is tasty. The breathtaking view from the bar deck gives you a high even before the first sip. The earthy design of Anantya blends in to the beautiful backdrop of Chittar lake and the surrounding mountains. Anantya is a must see location for any nature lover!!!!

Date of stay: June 2018