“hotel TRISEA stay”

Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Kanyakumari
Mumbai
“hotel TRISEA stay”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

No windows in the room no315 allotted to me.Room cleaning not for nights stay.Food not good .location is good other rooms at 5th floor is good. SUN
rising setting canbe viewed from hotel.Nearer to beach and shopping area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Jammu City, India
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Location of the Hotel is Good. We stayed in AC SEA FACING ROOMS on 5th Floor which ARE Good. RESTAURENT IS OK BUT DISHES available ARE VERY LIMITED but south-Indian preparation is comparatively better. It was sad to know that Swimming Pool is chargable additionally to room rent. 03 beded and 04 beded rooms are also good. please avoid standard room. all the tourist destinations are on walkable distance.

3 Thank 123_456337
pune
Reviewed August 22, 2013

the hotel is at very good location, although we have booked standard room but as aug is off season , they have given us delux room , but staff was littile rood not coprative. rooms are clean , lack of basic facility, no drinking water filter.

Mumbai
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Hotel is not good to stay with family, staff are not good and poor service.
Please don't book standard room of this hotel, room are really bad and having lizards in room. Only good thing is about location.

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Travelers are raving about these Kanyakumari hotels

Chennai
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed one day in this hotel. Rooms are neat and clean. But room service is not good. We enjoyed the sea view from the terrace and you can see the entire view of seashore. it's wonderful experience we had and every Indian should see the Vivekananda rock.

1 Thank Sethu R
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I had expected much more! The description led me to believe that, for the money, I was buying into a much more upmarket hotel. The reception area was in the basement, accessible only from the street. It was also integral with the car park. Consequently, there was nowhere to relax in the hotel apart from the room. This was not possible and renovation work ( very loud) was being carried out on my floor. The management did not apologise for this even though I made a comment. The room was large, but characterless. The bathroom was clean but very gaudy. I had a problem switch the bedding. There was no top sheet, I had to sleep with a grubby looking blanket which was very uncomfortable. Next morning I made a comment and I was given clean bedding, but the cleaner ( who was charming) was reluctant to give me a top sheet. In the end she did. Obviously, the form wasto give people only these blankets, which were clearly not washed after each guest.
I tried the restaurant out. The seafood soup I had was tasteless. Made of flour a little seasoning and hardly a trace of some white pieces, resembling some white crab meat. Not good. I ate in town after that. Wi-fi was only available in the soulless lounge.
The fashion exterior was not matched by the tired interior.
Iona Evans Holywell UK

• Stayed August 2013
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We made the mistake of booking this place in advance through cleartrip. The Hotel had our money already so we were taken for a bit of a ride. We had booked a double non-AC room for two nights at 1000 rupees per night having paid 2250 rupees in advance, but when we arrived we were taken to an AC deluxe room. This room was very nice, in a kitschy way, with sea views and a clean, spacious bathroom. After being shown to this room and having our luggage taken there, we were THEN told that that wasn't the room we paid for. The regular double room was in the back of the building, in the staff quarters. It had one window facing a wall, overlooking pipes that smelled like sewage. The wall was stained and brown, and the bathroom was dirty. The toilet had no toilet seat. This was the room we paid for online, we were told, but we could upgrade to the much nicer room for an extra 500 rupees. We were planning on leaving a day earlier than we had planned and had already paid him 2250 rupees so i suggested he allow us to stay in the better room for a single night with no charge. He refused, so I agreed to pay 500 rupees for a single night in the Deluxe room. He then told me that after taxes it would be 750 rupees. I asked him what the tax rate was and he replied "12.5%." I'm no mathmatician but I know that 12.5% on top of 500 is not 750, so I pulled out a calculator and did the math for him, at which point he relented and I paid him 563 rupees. This whole process reeked of "bait and switch" tactics to me, and left me in a foul mood for the remainder of the stay. The room was nice, we slept well, hot water was available, yes, but the management did not seem to operate in an honest manner. Though I've heard of this before from other travelers, it was really my first direct experience of this in India. The next day, we wanted to check out three hours late so we could take a shower before catching our train. Remember we have at this point paid 2,813 rupees to the Hotel and had only stayed one night in a room that was listed at 1500 rupees a night. We asked permission to stay for three extra hours in the room we were in, but believe it or not we were forced to relocate to the terrible room in staff quarters for the remainder of that three hours, despite having paid so much to the hotel for our relatively short stay. I'm not one to constantly feel I'm being cheated in India, though its a mantra I hear a lot from tourists. But at Tri Sea Hotel I certainly thought that and would recommend avoiding it if at all possible.

Room Tip: It's important to note that the DOUBLE ROOM rate of 1000 rupees gets you a very, very undesirabl...