“DINNER AT SUNWORLD”
Review of Hotel Sun World

Hotel Sun World
Ranked #18 of 28 Kanyakumari B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My family had dinner at Sunworld's restaurant NKR.The restaurant has an elegant appearance built as the next block of the hotel.The hotel gets tourist buses booked customers but the air conditioned multi cuisine restaurant is a calm area. They serve vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes.Soups and dishes we ordered were tasty and freshly prepared.Among north Indian items,tandoori roti was not in the menu.Most of the dishes are charged around Rs.90/-.Mosquitoes were biting us now and then while eating.The service was courteous and fast.They charge ten percent extra amount in the bill as service charge.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KrishnakumarCM

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Hotel Sun World situated in a very good location.This hotel 'looks' nice. It is also located in a good location near to market.
The people at the reception were very rude and harsh.We had Booked Eight rooms in this hotel, but all had very bad experience. At 10 "o" clock they stopped A/c & started back at 04:00 am in the morning,Intercom were not working to give complaint.Front desk told us break fast time 07:00 am , but when reached at restaurant they told , it will be ready by 08:00 am. So we went outside without taking break fast.The restaurant is very bad,unclean. The hotel is not able to provide air condition for restaurant.
Had a very bad experience.The front desk people are very arrogant and unhelpful.
So the bottom line is avoid this hotel to avoid headache to you.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Manish25feb
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel 'looks' nice. It is also located in a good position. The room was slightly more expensive than it should have been & was very hot even with the powerful fan on. It was noisy, doors were slamming loudly from 5am until 11pm. Every day one tour group would roll out & the next would roll in. Every night I had people hammering on my door, trying to turn my door handle & pressing my door bell (which sounds like an annoying game show buzzer). I was thankful for the bolt lock & became paranoid about ensuring I locked it from the inside incase I forgot & someone broke in. Sometimes I would answer the door to find someone scurrying off without so much as an apology for incorrectly disturbing me. This happened 3/4 times per evening each evening between 6pm & 11pm. Sometimes it was scary, with really violent banging & kicking of my door. I complained to reception three times but they dismissed it, telling me 'it is just because they are a group' which didnt explain anything or prevent it from happening. To add to this, on the first 2 nights I had a few bites on me when I woke up. They were annoying but I accepted that it could be anything. On my last night I was very itchy but also very tired because of all the disturbances & heat. When I woke up I was covered in 30+ bites. I noticed 2 tiny bugs near the pillow. It was at that point that I checked out of the hotel. The staff barely looked at me during the check out & didn't ask me about my stay. Please don't stay here & certainly don't pay for more than one night in advance.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Renegade4444
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hotel Sun World situated in a very good location from where Vivekananda rock, sun set point, Triveni Sangam & kanyakumari temple are in walking distance. It is a 5* hotel. Reception counter & main entrance of the hotel is very attractive. There are traditional statue in the hall and decoration of the hall is appreciating. Good hospitality, food are delicious. Rooms are neat & clean, airy & you can see all surrounding views from the balcony of your room. Dinning hall is spacious, parking place is nice. Each & every thing is up to the mark.

Room Tip: sea side rooms help you to enjoy all views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sanaser
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Location wise this hotel is very good. The view of the ocean from the balcony was awesome .The hotel looks very good from outside but the interior was not up to mark .The restaurant was so so. Spacious rooms , neat and clean but poor service. Any way we stayed there for only one day .So not much problems and we enjoyed the stay as it is pretty close to the temple and sea.

Room Tip: Upper floor sea facing rooms are preferable .
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank swarnaprabha k
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We just walked in to the hotel .....The view of the sea from the Sea Facing room is good. But the room was stinking. We had to call them thrice to have the mattress and bed linen replaced which were soaked with urine. The people at the reception were very rude and harsh. They hardly can speak and understand English. Should not try out the food at the restaurant at all. The taste is horrible and the prices are exorbitant. Had a very bad experience.

Room Tip: Only select the room after you have seen it properly.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dipanjana_basu
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel in Kanyakumari is the worst hotel.. having no customer service.. management is very rude... rooms are dirty...no hot water...... food is horrible....and the worst part is they charge service charge saying its "Service Tax"..
So advice is not to even think of going to this hotel.....
I was there for 1 night and it was a nightmare for us...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple