Sparsa Resort
New Cape Hotel(Kanyakumari)(Great Value!)
$15
Hotel Sivamurugan(Kanyakumari)
$18
  • Room Service
The Gopinivas Grand Kanyakumari(Kanyakumari)(Great Value!)
$20
  • Restaurant
Hotel Temple Citi(Kanyakumari)(Great Value!)
$30
The Seashore Hotel(Kanyakumari)
$39
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsswimming poolbeach roadnice gardentable tennissunset pointsea viewplace to staynice hotelindoor gameswalking distancehigher sidefirst floorbuffet breakfastindian oceankanya kumaricourteous staffcould have been better
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We booked Sparsa seeing the tripadvisor reviews and were glad that it turned out better than expected! If you read through the reviews of Sparsa as well as other hotels, you'll notice that there is a huge gap between the facilities available at Sparsa and at any other hotel in Kanyakumari. We needed a place where food & service are part of the deal!

Sparsa has the perfect location, right on the beach road overlooking the ocean. The moment you enter the hotel, the beautiful, terraced lawns are a welcoming sight. There is ample car parking space too. We stayed in the room in the front, above the reception. It has a somewhat triangular sitting area within the room and you can have the best ocean view - sunrise as well as sunset! It's probably the best room though the reception desk folks told us that all the rooms have a view. The hotel is right next to the beachwalk. Beachwalk is where you want to be to watch the sunrise or the sunset. Walking along you can go to Kumari Amman temple as well. The ferry point for the rock memorial is also not too far.
There is some parking fee for parking on the beach road...and commercial vehicles are sometimes not allowed. But show them the hotel reservation voucher and there won't be any problem.

Room was air-conditioned, nice, clean and spacious. A dip in the pool felt nice in the hot weather. They even have a games room. The bar and the restaurant are not too big but we did not have any problem getting the table. A-la-carte dinner as well as the buffet breakfast in the morning were really good. Driving around the town, I realised that KanyaKumari has limited good quality accommodation options. Sparsa would definitely get my vote for being the best available in KanyaKumari.

Room Tip: Rooms above the reception have the best view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2012

It was second visit to the same resort in Kanykumari. This resort is really good and well maintained. We viisted to this place earlier when this was new.

The resort is little pricy but yes not disappointing. This is good location and is close to many site seeing place in the Kanyakumari like Viveknanda Memorial, Kanikaparmeshwari temple. Its on the beach road and very close proximity of the beach but its not on the beach resort.

The room which stayed had good sunset view and was too. Food is really good over and have good list of menu.

Room Tip: Choose a room which has sunset view, its definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My mother and I stayed in Room 111 at this hotel for one night and during our stay we both experienced some strange happenings during the day and at midnight. When I was slapped on my leg, I knew I was not imagining it. It first started when I was in the toilet and felt a slight push forward off the seat. I didn't think much of it at the time, until it happened again in the room when I felt a finger jabbing into my thigh. When I told my mum, she said the same happened to her in the bathroom and also on the toilet seat. On checking out, we mentioned this incident at the reception and the gentleman behind the counter who just smiled it off. No question was asked or explanation given. My mum and I was then sure the room was haunted. If you do happen to be booked into Room 111, this is an advance warning that the room is haunted!! Take my word for it! This is coming from someone who never believe in ghost or spirits.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 111
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
25  Thank Hello_jools
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed here right at the beginning of January. Looked great online. Location is OK, but the seaviews promised are lacking from all the groundfloor rooms, which is not clear from their website. It's on the seafront, but on a strip that taxis/rickshaws are banned from for much of the day, so difficult to get around. Rooms are OK, but ours was really grubby. Bedding was filthy - when we complained, we were told they'd had a big night the evening before (New Year's Eve) and there were no clean sheets. Finally got them changed after four different attempts. Some staff were brilliant - head of housekeeping was fantastic next morning when we finally spoke to him - but reception staff were lacklustre, and restaurant was very overstretched. The night we got there, there were people eating on their laps in the reception! For the prices they charge, this place should have been so much better.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pete_and_Harry
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I've stayed in Kanyakumari several times and this is by far the best hotel there.
The rooms are large and clean, there is plenty of hot water, good a/c and fan, excellent views, good clean pool with loungers and shades, business centre and a well stocked bar,good food and pleasant helpful staff.
I'm not personally bothered that there is no Fridge, it means there is less noise at night and it's not heating up the room and using precious electricity with its output, they will supply ice.
Yes there was a lot of shifting of matresses during the afternoons but with vast Indian families all sharing one room it has to happen but ours was clean and comfortable.
The only downside is that the restaurant is not really large enough when the hotel is full so either get in early or you may have to take a second sitting.
Best value by a long way and should rate number one in Kanyakumari

Room Tip: Ask for sunset facing rooms with a door overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple